What are your biggest fears for liverpool - Pick two only

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:17 am

My biggest fear ,is that fans will forget the mess we were in before Daggers  returned , and become too impatient . Lets not forget turning us into a credible force once more will be no easy task ,so it will be a slow process with many highs and lows along the way ....We are only just dipping our toe back in the water with the aquisition of Suarez and Carrol ,and everything that is mediocre about Liverpool will eventually be dispensed with (HOPEFULLY ) ..............Make no mistake ,Kenny is definitely the man to bring about these radical changes needed to transform this team into one we as fans will instantly recognise ....... but as with the Europa League debacle the metamorphosis may prove painful viewing, but the eventual outcome will be one we have yearned for...
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:08 pm

Agree mate, lets hope we be patient because we have been through a lot, especially that our team has massively declined in the past 2 years and now we are rebuilding again. It will take time, I don't care if takes 3 years. The most important thing is to ensure we improve and we do the right things.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:02 am

Finance for me would be a key factor because truth is you cannot compete without matching your rivals investment.

This may seem ironic but in some way our loyalty to people is also a concern to me.

The fanbase in general is unlike any other with an almost unconditional support and this will hold us back if we are not very careful about who we stand beside.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:06 pm

My biggest fear :

The most lamentable of fans who make up an ever growing intolerant fanbase will start to tow all to
willingly the media's party line. 

The same media we have nothing for derision for ,the same scribes who have earned our collative
contempt over these last 20 years ......Suddenly we our inviting the fuckers to dine at our table ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:55 pm

Are these the same lamentable fans that jumped on the media bandwagon for Benitez or Hodgson? So why are people bringing up now as if they have somehow manifested within the last 3 months. Double standards imo.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby D___C » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:12 pm

being consigned to mediocrity. Thats the biggest fear for any of us.

Its been 3 years since we were last good... May 2009, when we finished 2nd, had a front six of Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Benayoun, Riera, Torres.

The decisions made by the club since 2007.. Moores the halfwit allowing Hicks and Gillett to fleece us, Rafa trying to flog the man who made us tick (Xabi Alonso) in 2008 who then understandably left 12 months later, appointing Hodgson as manager, appointing Commoli as director of football, signing Carroll, appointing Kenny full time (which may or may not prove to be a mistake), putting together an expensively assembled squad that is worth little and man for man is the weakest at the club since 1993. All of these decisions have resulted in us currently sitting in 9th place in the Premiership table, 5 wins at home, and tomorrow is April.

Fear? mediocrity.
D___C

Postby spiceboys2014 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:18 pm

1. It looks like Steven Gerrard our saviour and talisman, is spent, has lost 2 yards in pace, and other than the derby , has disapeared in quite a few games this season, all due to age, and can no longer pull it out of the bag for us when we need him. He looks a different player. Hence why we have underperformed this season, esp in midfield having to rely on adam, hendo, downing etc. I don't blame Stevie G for not wanting to leg it all over the pitch as in the old days, risking a pulled hamstring and  lay-off of six months after being an excellent servant. it's Like when Robbie fowler and Michael Owen. unfortunately these top class players had to play with mediocre players, and that's why they don't have league titles to their names. Unfortunately.

2. We can no longer attract big name signings from around europe. Due to being outbid by city, utd and chelsea for transfer fees, wages, and CL football. I fear mediocre status for the next few seasons and players much preferring our rivals to us as we are not that apealing.

People in these forums moan a lot, but cant come up with any names of players we can possibly sign, and our chances of even getting them.
The above are very worrying for the future of the club.
Last edited by spiceboys2014 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spiceboys2014
LFC Basic Member

Postby banana(real one) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:29 pm

Short term fear;

1. Kenny D having another season and given more money to british signings (he seems keen on Bent and Defoe....). Fortunately the owners seems to have pulled the plug on him since the last window saw no money being wasted by Dalglish/Comolli

Long term fear;
2. Permanently entering the ranks of clubs like Everton, West Ham, Newcastle and Aston V. This is already happening in some way since our season is (by some) deemed successful having secured an important "trophy"
banana(real one)
LFC Basic Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Fears:

1. Modern day fans being fickle and fickle everyday, becoming less supportive and less patient and becoming more abusive towards players and managers. This slowly taking the love of the game from me.

2. Gerrard retiring
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:22 pm

D___C » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:12 pm wrote:being consigned to mediocrity. Thats the biggest fear for any of us.

Its been 3 years since we were last good... May 2009, when we finished 2nd, had a front six of Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Benayoun, Riera, Torres.

The decisions made by the club since 2007.. Moores the halfwit allowing Hicks and Gillett to fleece us, Rafa trying to flog the man who made us tick (Xabi Alonso) in 2008 who then understandably left 12 months later, appointing Hodgson as manager, appointing Commoli as director of football, signing Carroll, appointing Kenny full time (which may or may not prove to be a mistake), putting together an expensively assembled squad that is worth little and man for man is the weakest at the club since 1993. All of these decisions have resulted in us currently sitting in 9th place in the Premiership table, 5 wins at home, and tomorrow is April.

Fear? mediocrity.

I still want Kenny to be our manager next season but anyways, i agree with your opinion. Like it or not, we're on the borderline of accepting mediocrity.
p.s : seriously i just want the players to stop talking about how much progress we've made this season and concentrate more on performing on the pitch. Only that would matter in the end.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:49 pm

tubby » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:55 pm wrote:Are these the same lamentable fans that jumped on the media bandwagon for Benitez or Hodgson? So why are people bringing up now as if they have somehow manifested within the last 3 months. Double standards imo.

No mate ,these are the fans who show none of the traits that separate us from the ordinary ,regardless of who's in charge .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:57 pm

[quote="metalhead » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:53 pm"]Fears:

1. Modern day fans being fickle and fickle everyday, becoming less supportive and less patient and becoming more abusive towards players and managers. This slowly taking the love of the game from me.

Spot on mate ,if you ever feel like our support is waning just take a look at how enthusiastic our Singapore supporters are .
I think their love for the club is bordering on fanatical ,regardless of what we win ,I just think they serve as a lesson to us
all mate .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spiceboys2014 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:55 pm

quote="RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:57 pm"]
metalhead » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:53 pm wrote:Fears:

Spot on mate ,if you ever feel like our support is waning just take a look at how enthusiastic our Singapore supporters are .
I think their love for the club is bordering on fanatical ,regardless of what we win ,I just think they serve as a lesson to us
all mate .
[/quote]

And your point beergoggles is what? support for your club does not mean a lot. Why do any
of you in this forum support lfc in the first place?? Most of you for the success, the leagues, 5 european cups, success of dalglish, paisley, shanks' mentality and belief, and what the club is about, the main thing on which it is founded.....WINNING!

Thats why the kop booed after the Wigan result, they know what the club is about, what it is built on and where we need to be and what we expect as a minimum requirement. most of the kopites, are from Liverpool, and know what the club is all about. not you Southerners, foreigners who have never even seen Anfield! You are in no position to slate other fans...Fact!

Posters accusing other fans are being fickle, im sorry, are totally brain dead.

Those of u in here, who think we are doing ok, 30 points behind an average man utd team at the top, ought to go and support everton. U havent got a clue.

Do you know your own club at all!??

The fans , like the singapore fans, who always smile in adversity, those type of fans you will find in the stands every matchday, you will find.....at BLACKBURN!!!!

SHanks..."1st is 1st, 2nd is nowhere!"

I think I saw that somewhere once.............
spiceboys2014
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:53 am

tubby » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:55 pm wrote:Are these the same lamentable fans that jumped on the media bandwagon for Benitez or Hodgson? So why are people bringing up now as if they have somehow manifested within the last 3 months. Double standards imo.

Right. Im still bitter over the card I got for simply standing up for our manager. Our manager was being mocked, insulted, abused, and I refused to accept anyone of our Liverpool family being treated in such an ill mannered way. And for my efforts, I was carded for it.

And guess what? it was these very same lamentable fans I was arguing against.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:18 am

1. Medi
2. Ocrity
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion