V chelsea

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFCFan4Life » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:23 am

On November 28th Liverpool F.C. proved to every pundit that nothing can be predicted in the Premier League by beating Arsenal, who were ubeaten for 49 games. A Liverpool who were hammared by injuries were able to shock everybody. We have blown hot and cold this season but we are going through a transition and are able to play quality football at our best with a manager like Rafa Benitez.

While today's game was poor we got the job done without playing at our best which is very important because we are going against one of the top sides in Europe this Saturday. Key players for most part have been rested but Stephen Finnan might not be able to play against Chelsea which makes the RB position a weaker one.

Yes Chelsea have been playing quality football but like Arsenal, they are human. They have been beaten by a poor Manchester City side and have experience when it comes down to playing as underdogs. Pressure is on them not on us as they know now that we can beat anybody on a good day.

Rafa has proven that he is a genius when it comes down to important games such as this so I expect us to use the 4-5-1 formation because Didi Hamann is a key player. We were outplayed the last time we played them so I expect Benitez to have a better plant his time and better yet we are playing at home. Personally I am not worried about Chelsea, I have very little concern about them. Before Arjen Robben started playing Chelsea had a hard time scoring so if Robben and even Duff are marked well it will be very difficult for them.

Once again today's game was a scrap but on paper its a win and thats all that matters comming into the game on Saturday. Yes its nice to see us play quality football but hell we have played football ten times better than the opposition at times this season and ended up with a draw and loss. Football can be a beautiful game and a very ugly one.

A draw wouldn't be all that bad either but three points is always better than one.

I won't predict the outcome of the game because lets face it most times when I predict the result it's the exact opposite.. If we play with heart,effort,determination and intelligence we have nothing to worry about.

P.S.: Pray that Diao doesn't start or play for that matter.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:17 am

Dudek
        Warnock   Carra    Hyppia  Risse
        Gerrard    Hamann  Alonso Garcia
                      Mellor      Baros

The strongest line-up i can think of looking at kewell's & finnan's injury. Finnan has really impressed me in the last dozen of games. Has to be one of the best right backs in the league (would put him just behind the chelsea rightback).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:55 am

well put ab

to the rock
why hamann in the middle
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:51 am

because hamman's position is in then middle.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:58 am

we'll need hamman in the middle to help the defence out.
If you ask me i think its gonan come down to the wingers. With Duff and Robben playing we need to contain them, but also push up ourselves so we are not always in our own half.
I wouldnt say im overly optimistic about the game but im not dreading it like i may have been last season. Bring 'em on i say and lets just see a class game of football (no matter how hungover we are when we watch it (or still drunk some people))
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:23 am

P.S.: Pray that Diao doesn't start or play for that matter.

we should just give them the 3 points if he starts
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:29 am

I think it will be a slight variation of the 4 4 2 formation ,
I think the reason for Chelsea's success this year is because everyone who plays them tries to flood out the midfield and make it hard for them i think City are the only team to actually use a 4 4 2  against them and it payed the dividends.
it will invite a very open game with both side's able to attack, but on song i think we have  better defensive capabilities than them and that will be the Key for me.Baros and mellor up front i am thinking .Kewell on the left if he's back nunez on the right gerrard in the hold and Hamann all over the place plugging the gaps just before the defence .Rise left back Hyppia and Carra in the middle of defence and Finnan in the right back.
It will encourage the wing backs to push up and overlap and let the wingers float inside if they need to ,the midfield will be full of attacking options while also relying on Hamann to break up play and get pple back when needed .
Lol thats my theory and i'm sticking with it ,Prolly totally wrong and it also relies on Harry , Milan and finnan being back to play .If there not i expect a 4 5 1 formation and hope to hold on to a 1 nil lead .
ronmeister

Postby andy_g » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:32 am

salif diao = as i do fail.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:34 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:to the rock
why hamann in the middle

Becos he is the best midfield anchor in the world.

also i think in this match we have to somehow try to accomodate hamann, alonso & gerrard (as against arsenal). If 1 of the 3 does not play, something seems to be missing from our team.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion