Todays match

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat May 15, 2004 4:45 pm

gerrard is the only player for liverpool that seemed to care today, the only one with abit of fight and passion

one thing that does annoy me is he never uses baros or pongolle who are better than heskey by miles and miles, if we want to get anywhere houllier needs to start playing these quality players
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pooley7 » Sat May 15, 2004 6:26 pm

wow didnt u get home quickly from the match ?

u must live in anfield ?

shola
"and you'll never get a job, you'll never get a job, sign on, sign on, with hope in your heart that you'll never get a job ,
you'll never get a job "
pooley7

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Sat May 15, 2004 7:20 pm

I thought we could always win it if we want it bad enough. Dominated the 2nd half. Right about Gerrard, different class altogether. What a pass for Owen to score :;):
Sorry but Murphy is back to his old self again...too many miss placed passes. Heskey miss several good chance to sign off with a goal. Good game for Kewell and Owen thou.
Now to complete the jigsaw this summer...
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat May 15, 2004 8:18 pm

The boss has simpily not made any subs this match and las match. Holluier needs to bring Baros on for Heskey sometime during the match as I think for example he would have made better chance of that ball then Heskey had which he just smashed the air. The Shola goal was a great goal but we had given it away cheaply in our pocession. :(

As I say this, Cisse has scored 2 goals in the live match he is playing now against Auxurre [first half] hopefully he'll be great with a few other signings, we can with a premiership.

We are also linked with Yakubu.  ???
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 15, 2004 8:43 pm

keep the faith, Heskey is out, Diouf is out so our squad has improved by 50% already! :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat May 15, 2004 10:09 pm

A lot of possession. Not many chances was there? It is obvious that we are desperately lacking a good creative midfielder. Murphy's weaknesses was displayed throughout the game. Weak passes, lack of pace, no strenght and vision. Gerrard was immense. If he keeps fit I honestly think he will be great in euro 2004. All the big clubs of europe will be watching him closely in Portugal I'm afraid...
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Sat May 15, 2004 10:13 pm

If Gerrard was fit in 2002 you might be looking at England - world cup winners. I think he was the missing link in the Brazil game, he's just such a terrific player.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun May 16, 2004 12:55 am

Pardon the pun but a game of 2 halves...... Liverppol didn't start playing until the second half and pretty much ran the game, well Stevie G did, a pleasure to watch and on a differetn level AGIN today to anyone on the pitch.

Pleased with Hyppia , Rise, Kewell, Stevie G, Finnon,Hamann Owen and Dudek.

Heskey was ineffective (how many times have we said that) , Murphy was wasteful (Ditto) and Carragher had a  strange game , loked a little out of his depth against old "Elbow in the Head" Shearer today.

Bit of a nothing game really , had a draw written all over it.

I was a bit disappoinred with the Mosaic , they didn't show it on the Prem and as someone who was there it fell a bit flat to be honest. Strange way to commenerate the 10th anniversary of the end of the Standing Kop. Whats happened to teh FLAG days ?

???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun May 16, 2004 2:15 am

Gerrard on this season's form would be in any teams in the world's midfield, bar none.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun May 16, 2004 2:18 am

LFC ? Whats happened to the FLAG DAYS ? I assume you regularly attend the matches and know what I'm on about :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion