They are destroying the beautiful game - And we are as much to blame

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:13 pm

Sepp Blatters a bloody genuis, but why not just toss a coin and see who wins, why waste time on penalties. 

Wait another thought, lets just play the first goal wins, better still fans could all just go to there home grounds for five minutes every Saturday and have a web conference coin toss.  Maybe that way Northern Ireland could win the bloody world cup. 

Blatter and all the p#ssing rich suits are ruining football but you know what?

Some footballers and fans are ruining it as well. 

I'm bloody sick of so called football fans wanting the time to run down quickly or players p#ssing about in corners and I mean even the great and good here.  Fans pay for 90 minutes and yet today clubs are all about wasting time, winning is more important than the football. 

Kids in the park play until they drop, why? because they love football.  Teams today just love winning and the fans are as bad. 

I am anti Houllier fan not because he has'nt won anything this season but because he's cr#p as a manager. Keegan i would add is the other end of the spectrum but at least its bloody interesting to watch.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:15 pm

did you feel that after reading the posts in Sep Blatter Total Twatter your views where different from those being expressed or have you pressed new topic instead of add reply?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:19 pm

what?
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:23 pm

big al wrote:Fans pay for 90 minutes and yet today clubs are all about wasting time, winning is more important than the football. 

I am anti Houllier fan not because he has'nt won anything this season but because he's cr#p as a manager. Keegan i would add is the other end of the spectrum but at least its bloody interesting to watch.

so would you rather have us playing good football but getting beat? Give me 38 one nils to bring the league trophy home.

Keegan is better as a manager cus its good to watch?

Get f##king real will you Big Al you idiot? Pretty does not win trophies. Look at Man City
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:23 pm

Leon read your thread get you now! but my point is more than that Blatters stupidity is just the tip of the iceberg.  The game is becoming more and more removed from its roots.  Winning is a lot more important than the game itself these days and that is a problem.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:26 pm

Winning is the only thing.

A great man once said first is first and second is nowhere.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:53 pm

Leon, he never put winning above integrity.  He left Liverpool in the end after all because he had more integrity than every single suit in football today.  Shankly loved football, winning was only a by product of that love.  Ask any footballer whats' more important,winning or playing.  No harm mate but I'd rather have played than set on my a#se watch my team mates win. Stuff sacrifice for the team, the beauty is in the taking part, not the winning. 

"Pure sport is participation, its a democracy were the best triumph, being best is not about simply winning over others, it is about conquering every obstacle that you choose to battle with, it is about inner integrity and knowing that you stayed true to yourself."
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:00 am

Leon If you could read and comprehend English you'd understand that "Kegan at the other end of the spectrum" means he's overly creative to the detriment of Man City. not that he's better than Houllier but it is more interesting to watch which doesent give city fans much satisfaction I grant you.  As for me being an idiot, if the shoe fits wear it son.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:32 am

Agree with you big al.I love football,I like to win ........
beautiful football does come out on top in the majority of times..Arsenal,Real Madrid...Brazil...France...History will always show that the best,and more often than not,the entertaining sides usually fight it out for the silverware.
Occassionally the "dogs of war" teams get a reward,but this is usually a 1 season flash in the pan followed by promises and high hopes and false dawns and more promises of "we will bring you entertaining edge of the seat football",followed by more excuses and lies and blah,blah,bloody blah,blatter blah....let the game be beautiful and the entertainment will follow and perhaps so will glory.....who knows!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:00 am

well said big al, the grammar on here is sometimes attrocious. i know some of it is down to typing fast.  i do agree though mate, i get so p#ssed off with time wasters in the game. i know our players do it as well and when we do it i always think its for a good reason, but i also think we do it less that other clubs, maybe i'm being biased
112-1077774096

Postby daddyo » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:49 am

Maybe Tw#tter ought to come and read some of these posts. Gramatically correct or otherwise, what he'd see is the passion the ordinary man in the street has for this wonderful creation that is football.
Leon and Big Al, respect to you both for the feelings you have for the game, they echo a depth of feeling that most have for the game.
The time wasters, cheats and free-loaders that currently blight our game are diluting the passion that the supporters are generating. They are like a boil on the ***** of football and they need to be lanced! Give me pure football with the object of entertaining, a view to winning and without the cheating and you in turn see some very happy supporters.:D
daddyo

Postby Woollyback » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:28 pm

Apparently Sepp Blatter's latest brainwave is that every member of the side who are winning at half time has to down 6 pints of Stella, ready for the second half.

Sorry, my mistake - that was Sepp BLADDERED who said that. Please excuse me.  :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:43 pm

My word wooly you in a fine mood today, did you get your leg over last night???
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:50 pm

I like to play football.
I like to see Liverpool win.

Sports is a business, and in a business the first target is success (winning). If it wasn't a business Liverpool wouldn't have these millions of fans and footballers would never have pushed themselves so hard to reach the highest level and make the game evolve.

Like it or not, it's about making money and it has been for some time. If you want to play football in the park you can do so, have a good game. I wonder if your job was on the line, or if a £30m position was on the line whether you would first want to enjoy the game or win it..you tell me
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:54 pm

Time wasting in a game is sound. I don't mind it one bit. Its part of football, defending and attacking is all part of football. Different teams have different strengths and theres nothing wrong with that.

HOWEVER!!! The idiots at the top planning to scrap draws, use video evidence and change the game need to be shot.

These people don't truely love the game for what it is.
115-1073096938

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion