THE BALLOT ??? - Champions league final ballot

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Fri May 11, 2007 11:13 am

Have serious reservations whether mkmkmk is a supporter who has won a ticket.

Joins Jan 2006...1st post a couple of days ago

Only comments how he and his dad have got a ticket and for the rest of us to stop moaning
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Fri May 11, 2007 11:15 am

I am not the usual tolerant person you have grown to love and hate at this moment in time so if any fu.ckwit upsets me then excuse me if I deal with it inappropriately.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri May 11, 2007 11:29 am

supersub wrote:I am not the usual tolerant person you have grown to love and hate at this moment in time so if any fu.ckwit upsets me then excuse me if I deal with it inappropriately.

You are excused.

PM sent also.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Fri May 11, 2007 11:39 am

mkmkmk wrote:I bloody hope you do get in Leon. It is of course UEFAs disgraceful amount of tickets that started all this. I think also the dismay about why everyone was entered into the ballot is because there just isn't the time to :censored: about asking people if they want to be entered and then they go back to the club, the club ballots them, then invites them blah blah.

Parry said ths was always the plan, it was always the clubs intention FROM THE START OF THE SESON TO HOLD A BALLOT,if Liverpool reached the final.How much time did they want? If you had to pay to enter the ballot they would of asked you for the money last August.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkmkmk » Fri May 11, 2007 12:57 pm

What a disappointing response. I've just posted my application back and would have scanned it for those doubters as to my support and genuiness!!!

Supersub - I suggest you do what your name suggests and sub your brain. Where did I say my Dad has got a ticket? He hates football!!!!

Ace Ventura - It's not me winding up people, it's you!! Where have I taken the p!ss out of genuine supporters (like season ticket holder and obvious devoted fan of many years Leon)??

All I've said is I have a ticket (a fact without gloating), and that those who haven't have made their point. As others have pointed out LFC stated at the beginning of the season how it would all work.

So let's all go to 8 games next year (not 7 cos that's what every other fcker will be doing!
mkmkmk

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri May 11, 2007 1:10 pm

mkmkmk wrote:What a disappointing response. I've just posted my application back and would have scanned it for those doubters as to my support and genuiness!!!

Supersub - I suggest you do what your name suggests and sub your brain. Where did I say my Dad has got a ticket? He hates football!!!!

Ace Ventura - It's not me winding up people, it's you!! Where have I taken the p!ss out of genuine supporters (like season ticket holder and obvious devoted fan of many years Leon)??

All I've said is I have a ticket (a fact without gloating), and that those who haven't have made their point. As others have pointed out LFC stated at the beginning of the season how it would all work.

So let's all go to 8 games next year (not 7 cos that's what every other fcker will be doing!

What are the initials in your username ?

manckuntmanckuntmanckunt by any chance ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri May 11, 2007 1:12 pm

mkmkmk wrote:This is getting tedious. All who went to 6 games had an equal chance of winning. Some did, some didn't. It's terrible not to get one but for christ sake its like not winning the lottery every week. Do you moan about that to?

By the way this is the quote were i feel your taking the p!ss.

Tedious  :angry:

Dont post in the thread if thats your take on things.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri May 11, 2007 2:18 pm

mkmkmk wrote:What a disappointing response. I've just posted my application back and would have scanned it for those doubters as to my support and genuiness!!!

Yeah my apologies yer dad isn't goin...crossed wires with the amount of sh.ite I have been trawling through over the last few days.Still find it unusual why you have never posted for 16 months and then post in the manner you have.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby SuperScouser » Fri May 11, 2007 5:36 pm

i have got 2 tickets for athens for sale any offers ??
SuperScouser

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri May 11, 2007 5:44 pm

mkmkmk wrote:Adam - the club was established in 1892 so 3/4 centuries is pushing it a bit!!!

I said decades lad.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri May 11, 2007 5:56 pm

SuperScoucer wrote:i have got 2 tickets for athens for sale any offers ??

Any offers will be face value..anyone takes your tickets for an inflated price and tells me your history on this forum.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Fri May 11, 2007 6:07 pm

I'm reading the Spanish papers and where as every paper echoes the criticism of Parry and LFC towards UEFA and gives it quite a relevance, I haven't found a single mention to the reaction of the LFC crowd towards the club. Poor journalism. Image

Have you got any new article of Liverpool echo or one of those about this?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri May 11, 2007 6:09 pm

:no
Last edited by zarababe on Fri May 11, 2007 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri May 11, 2007 6:40 pm

Sabre wrote:I'm reading the Spanish papers and where as every paper echoes the criticism of Parry and LFC towards UEFA and gives it quite a relevance, I haven't found a single mention to the reaction of the LFC crowd towards the club. Poor journalism. Image

Have you got any new article of Liverpool echo or one of those about this?

Athens ticket chaos sparks rift with fans at Liverpool.

James Ducker

It is the showpiece event of the European football calendar, but preparations for the Champions League final between Liverpool and AC Milan in Athens in 12 days’ time have turned into a shambles because of security fears sparked by controversial ticketing arrangements.

As a row escalated between Uefa, European football’s governing body, and Liverpool yesterday, the Greek authorities were facing up to the prospect of thousands of supporters descending upon the country’s capital without tickets. With the Greek police threatening to strike on the day of the final in a dispute over pay and working conditions, there is mounting concern that trouble could flare, especially after the problems involving English clubs in Europe this season.

Liverpool are furious that, like Milan, they have received only 17,000 tickets, but their complaints have cut little ice with Uefa or their own fans, who are planning a demonstration before and/or during the match against Charlton Athletic at Anfield on Sunday in protest at the club’s “shambolic” ticket distribution.

Hundreds of supporters who were banking on attending the final are now having to cancel flights and hotel rooms, though many are expected to travel regardless of whether they have a ticket or not. Only 16 disabled fans will be accommodated.

Rick Parry, the Liverpool chief executive, attempted to defend the distribution process yesterday, but while his dismay at the club’s allocation was understandable given that Uefa’s restrictions have generated a black market worth a reputed £5 million, it does not hide the fact that Champions League clubs have known for months what the allocations for the final would be.

“If you look back at previous finals it’s always been a similar number, so it’s not something new,” a spokesman for Uefa told The Times. “Clubs have known for a long time what kind of allocation there would be for the final.”

Although Liverpool received only 20,000 tickets for the Champions League final against Milan in Istanbul two years ago, about 40,000 supporters were thought to have found their way into the Ataturk Stadium and Parry believes that the same will happen at the Olympic Stadium, whose capacity has been reduced from 72,000 to 63,000 to accommodate extra advertising hoardings.

Apart from the 34,000 tickets allocated to Liverpool and Milan, 9,000 have been made available to the public via a ballot, many of which may be sold on the black market, where prices have reached as high as £1,500 each.

Internet auction sites were last night warning supporters to be on the alert for scams, but Uefa has conceded that there will be virtually no way of stemming the tide of illegal tickets. A further 8,000 have been reserved for commercial partners and broadcasters, 7,000 for Uefa’s “football family”, 3,000 for the Greek FA and its member organisations and 1,250 for corporate guests.

Parry said: “When you only get 17,000 tickets, you are never going to find a system of distribution that is anything but a problem. We have told Uefa there will be 40,000 Liverpool fans in the ground by hook or by crook.”

However, Liverpool fans are more annoyed with the club than Uefa.

There has been widespread criticism of the controversial Fan Card system, which put supporters who have bought tickets for six or more Champions League games – home or away – in the same ballot on Wednesday with season ticket-holders.

Terry Culligan, 44, a season ticket-holder from West Derby, who missed out on a ticket despite already paying £400 for a flight to Athens, said: “I paid £610 for my season ticket and someone who buys a Fan Card for £3 is put in the ballot at the same time. Words fail me.”

Parry defended the system by saying that it had been common knowledge among supporters. “There will be argument from those who have been to every European game in the last 50 years who say their loyalty is greater, and I accept they have a point, but if we set the rules at the start of the season it is only fair we stick by them,” he said.

Liverpool declined to detail how many tickets were made available in the ballot, saying that the club would “not be drawn into the numbers game”.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 11, 2007 6:49 pm

Cheers Adambarrett, that paper and the guardian are the ones that don't annoy me from the English press.

It seems a quite descriptive article quite "neutral", but perhaps it fails to describe why the fans are so outraged, they only mention the fact of not disclosing the number of tickets available but in the last line

Liverpool declined to detail how many tickets were made available in the ballot, saying that the club would “not be drawn into the numbers game”.

Words of Parry that do not sound very convincing, why wouldn't be them drawn into numbers games? the fans are upset, and the least they can do is to have transparency and give all the facts and numbers.

Cheers Adam.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion