Sami's honesty - Zonal marking system

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:46 am

Sami Hyypia has accepted responsibility for the goal which sent Liverpool crashing to defeat against Olympiacos. 
The Reds now lie second in Group A after their 1-0 loss in Greece and Hyypia admits he should have done more to prevent Stoltidis heading home the only goal of the game in the first half.

He said: "Olympiacos played well and made it very difficult for us. It was particularly disappointing the way we lost. I lost a header in the box and that shouldn't have happened.

"These things happen. Sometimes things work for you and at other times they don't. We have to analyse what went wrong in this game and make sure we are ready for our next match on Sunday.

"We need more time before we reach our proper level. Every day is a learning day for us and hopefully we will learn from our mistakes. We have to keep working hard and keep concentrating during games
courtesy of Liverpoolfc.tv

Sami excepting the blame and shouldering the responsibility proves  that each player knows which zone they should be covering  and Sami’s honesty is refreshing after the debacle at Old Trafford where     apparently no-one was accountable .

Benitez will persist with the zonal marking it’s the personnel that are culpable not the system ,but the main cause for concern is Dudek  when the system fails surely a goalkeeper of any quality must ensure his positioning is correct .
The alarming statistics clearly show every incident were the system falters Dudek has been beaten and left clutching thin air and for a team in the ascendancy  this floundering custodian can not be left to undermine Liverpool’s rebirth     
   ???  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:48 am

that is nice of him but forget the apolgy he should of bein doin his job and make more of impact and be a leader on the park
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:01 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Sami excepting the blame and shouldering the responsibility proves  that each player knows which zone they should be covering  and Sami’s honesty is refreshing after the debacle at Old Trafford where     apparently no-one was accountable .

Benitez will persist with the zonal marking it’s the personnel that are culpable not the system ,but the main cause for concern is Dudek  when the system fails surely a goalkeeper of any quality must ensure his positioning is correct .
The alarming statistics clearly show every incident were the system falters Dudek has been beaten and left clutching thin air and for a team in the ascendancy  this floundering custodian can not be left to undermine Liverpool’s rebirth     
   ???  ???

Did you take the time to actually read this ? sometimes I despair of the people on this forum here it is again only this time in a shorter format !  (NOW READ IT SLOWLY)
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:04 am

no i never but its all well and good excepeting the blame but if he was doin the job he wouldn't have to come and i said he did it but its wasn't just his fault it was the system we played zonal marking.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Live4pool » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:12 am

Which one will help a team realise its footballing dreams :
The honesty of Sami and the roguery of Rio ?

Liverpool is in this state because of how "nice" and tolerant the club has been to each other within.
Honestly, it is really a nice family football club.

But we should also be honest with the situation and start kicking asses. Unless, of course, we want to be a family-friendly mid-table strugglers.
Live4pool

Postby A.B. » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:33 am

Hyypia isn't the captain he was before, we need somebody who is confident of themselves and the team.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:50 am

It's not about Hyypia
It's simply about a "new" team that needs sometimes to progress
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:35 am

The frailties of the defence only put Dudek under more pressure and this makes for mistakes like the cross he came out for and didnt deal with very well.

Ok so Raf wants to change the system but does he have to do it during such an important game and after the Manc problems was this the best way forward.

Also on the free kicks we went back to using only two options one of which was Riise big hoof, nothing wrong with that cos it nearly scored but where was the variation.

The crosses were also poor. I thought Warnock was slightly out of his depth but good bet for the future.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:00 am

To be honest i really felt for benitez last night head held in his hands as if to say they havent listened to a word ive said or they havent leanred anything ive taught them :(
Was really a shame, ok he should not have changed the team from saturday, maybe joseme for finnan but we should have started from the off with 2 up front.
2 steps forward alot of steps back, these away games better get sorted and quick, otherwise its going to start playing on the players minds, and they are going to start being scared of losing away that they will be nervous and things wont go right atall.
Come january id like to see 3 new additions and maybe the kids on the bench lets face it the on sunday the likes of diao, traore, an biscan are hardly gona put the sh#ts up chelsea are they ??? .or any other team for that matter.
I think he needs to raid valencia them players know how to play for him they will only have to learn how to play in the prem and fit in with the others.
JBG was right after the bolton game that we would see more of these performances and his words are right. :)
I personally think we wont be challenging the title for another 2 years as more players need to be shipped out and we need some good strong players brought in who want to play for LFC and feel honoured to wear the jersey.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:11 am

It should be in every mind that it needs sometimes to build a team all over again. We can only expect that the rafalution keeps running on the right tracks otherwise it will become an evilution
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:12 am

I agree Linz, the guy looked very down on the touch line, it's not just about hyypia cos it wasn't his fault that we didn't have a shot on goal all night :(

The thing that peaced me off the most was whe ITV kept flashing up the goals at Old Trafford and rubbin the salt in the wounds :angry:

It's gonna talk time!! New Year is going to be an interesting time to analyse LFC :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:23 am

Time thats all we seem 2 here
Houlier wanted 5 years
Kewell needs time
finnan needs time
biscan needs time
Le tallec and pongy need time
Diou needs time
The manager i understand, he needs time to get his team together and get them playing the way he wants
But some of the players just seem clueless
Time, i aint getting no younger, and i aint seen us compete for a decade.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:36 am

DAV go an play chers record mate. IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:36 am

It is about time mate, I understand what your saying but Beni does need time, players can't just gel at the flick of a switch, all I'm saying is give it till new year and I'm sure their will be a massive difference, if their isn't then everyone can start moaning :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:44 am

just saying the manager needs time (fine)
i just don't like accepting 2nd best
and 4 the past 10years thats all i have had 2 put up with
still think we r a mile behind arsenal and chelsea, and not yet up with scum
and we get offers of investment, we turn them down
WHY when money makes a team nowerdays
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion