Samed Yesil

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:04 pm

andy_g » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 am wrote:the guy surely has to be on the bench at least to give us an attacking option, and he's surely going to have to come on from time to time. i'd like to see what he can do.

I think he should be thrown straight into the mix, he might take to first team football like a duck to water, or like Raheem Sterling. My only worry is the pressure that the likes of Sterling and Yesil will be under might well be too much for them to handle at such an early stage of their careers and we don't need them heading the same way Owen did i.e. burning out or getting one bad injury which then leads to many more complications.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:15 pm

The Hustler » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:24 pm wrote:
They get plenty of experience/ game time in the reserves, and if they prove themselves good enough there (like Sterling) then they get the chance. Throwing a load of inexperienced players into the first team is a bad mistake.  :no

Samed Yesil has spent several seasons playing at reserve level for Bayer Leverkusen, Liverpool football club is not the only club with a reserve football team, you know? He has a good youth goalscoring record, so I would say that he has served his time playing for the reserves and as a young 18 year old is more than ready for his chance and if he's good enough, he's old enough as far as I am concerned. I never understand why clubs are scared to try out youngsters? Players like Samed Yesil will never make the step up from youth level to senior level if they are left to stagnate in the reserves. Also now is the perfect opportunity for the fella to cement his place in the Liverpool first team. We have 19 players registered out of a possible 25, he has every opportunity available to impress the boss and get some much needed experience under his belt.
Boxscarf

Postby alwayslfc » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:28 am

Well, this lad has been called the next Gerd Muller. It is too early to tell but I hope he can be. We certainly need a Gerd Muller in the Liverpool side that struggles with scoring goals from plenty of chances created.
alwayslfc

Postby Octsky » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:50 am

so old sami is doing us a favor by selling the next muller to us?
havent seen him play but similarly i also heard a lot of good stuff about nemeth n pacheco. but they are nowhere near the first team.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:34 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:31 am wrote:
Roger Red Hat » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:54 am wrote:It could be time for him to step up and fill the striker gap we have. He scored something like 23 goals in 20 games last season for Bayer Lev.

worth a shot surely?

Not the first team. He only made 1 appearance and scored 0 goals.

Don't see why not. We are short of strikers and he is a striker so play him I say.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:40 pm

tubby » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:34 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:31 am wrote:
Roger Red Hat » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:54 am wrote:It could be time for him to step up and fill the striker gap we have. He scored something like 23 goals in 20 games last season for Bayer Lev.

worth a shot surely?

Not the first team. He only made 1 appearance and scored 0 goals.

Don't see why not. We are short of strikers and he is a striker so play him I say.

We've got no choice, we need to play all of these youngsters and pray that one fo them can find their feet like raheem has. I'm confident that they are much better than we give them credit for.
I also hope Brendan has the balls to drop Stevie to the bench and instead start with Shelvey, every game he is getting better and better whilst Stevie seems to be getting worse, no room for sentimentality here, Brendan has to be tough and brave.
heimdall

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:29 pm

scored twice tonight against england under 19's. the lad certainly knows where the goal is!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 pm

alwayslfc » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:28 am wrote:Well, this lad has been called the next Gerd Muller. It is too early to tell but I hope he can be. We certainly need a Gerd Muller in the Liverpool side that struggles with scoring goals from plenty of chances created.

oh gawd, not another one of those `new such and such ` monikers.
gerd muller was the jimmy greaves of german football, if people truly believe that this lad is the next gerd muller then he`d be going for a heck of a lot more than a million quid.
thats not to say he`s not potentially a very good player, but i did see an interview where rodgers said the lad is going into the reserves to learn his trade so i cant see him being the answer to our goalscoring problem just yet.
he does look promising though, surprised leverkusen let him go, unless sami has plans to meet up with him again in a few years time  :cool:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:43 am

I know it was under 19s but the guys finishes were fantastic against England U19s he has to atleast be on the bench v sunderland

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:36 am

Saw him in last summers U17 World Cup.  Kid is a serious talent.  Skillful with the ball, very aggressive and knows where the goal is.
JoeTerp

Postby The Raven » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:09 am

If Luis gets injured before Jan this kid will get all the game time he wants.

I hear there is a buy back of 2.5m? Is that true?
The Raven

Postby Rush Job » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:49 pm

The Raven » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:09 am wrote:If Luis gets injured before Jan this kid will get all the game time he wants.

I hear there is a buy back of 2.5m? Is that true?

If true the deal is a nonsence. He comes in proves his self as a great player then we lose him for 2.5m?
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:40 pm

he played for the U21`s tonight in a 4-1 win against chelsea at griffin park (brentfords ground) and he looked very sharp.
he`s quite quick, can take a man on and really he should have scored a couple of goals.
he linked up very well with pacheco (who also played well) and adorjan (who had a great game i thought) before going off on the hour mark.
michael ngoo came on and scored and then took his shirt off to reveal a top with justice for the 96 written on it which i thought was a great gesture, well done mike.
yesil though looks like he`s got the potential to be a very good player
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Seen the second half. The kids played well and theres some good prospects there
Thommo's perm

Postby the return of HAS » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:19 am

Everything coming out of melwood suggests Yesil has really made an impression on the coaching staff and players. He has been exclusively training with the first team in the last month and is supposedly the best finisher in the squad alongside Gerrard. He is now the third choice striker behind Suarez and Borini, and with the Italian out for 3 months I’m sure Yesil will get some starts in the cups.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion