Pathetic

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DZed » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:33 am

I cannot believe we didn't sign a center back and a ring winger after weeks of promises. I remember Benitez saying a couple of weeks ago that he was looking to bring in atleast two to three first team players. Today we have nothing! Perhaps we could have wrapped up the Owen transfer weeks ago, before NUFC bid, if it hadn't been for the complete focus on a CB and RW which has now amounted to sh*t. It's an utter f*cking joke. One can be optimistic about the team we have, but let's be real about the fact that this team has improved little in comparison with last seasons, if at all. On the other hand, teams such as Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle, Bolton have vastly improved with many quality additions. I just hope our shallow squad can play to a higher standard this time around in the Premiership. If not we'll finish a lot lower than last year.
DZed

Postby Paul C » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:47 am

Get over it! no use complaining :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:49 am

The last couple of days have been bad for LFC and I share your concerns about other teams improving more than us especially Spurs and Newcastle but i'm trying to look on the bright side at least we didn't get ripped off. We didn't get ripped off buying Owen back and we didn't get held to ransom by Benfica. I just hope that the resources will be in place come the next transfer window and we aren't in to much :censored: in the league and cup competitions by then.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:00 am

DZed wrote:I cannot believe we didn't sign a center back and a ring winger after weeks of promises. I remember Benitez saying a couple of weeks ago that he was looking to bring in atleast two to three first team players. Today we have nothing! Perhaps we could have wrapped up the Owen transfer weeks ago, before NUFC bid, if it hadn't been for the complete focus on a CB and RW which has now amounted to sh*t. It's an utter f*cking joke. One can be optimistic about the team we have, but let's be real about the fact that this team has improved little in comparison with last seasons, if at all. On the other hand, teams such as Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle, Bolton have vastly improved with many quality additions. I just hope our shallow squad can play to a higher standard this time around in the Premiership. If not we'll finish a lot lower than last year.

blah blah blah blah  :wwww
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:04 am

Its an important point  and it needed to be written though unfortunately its written about million times already and in far better verse
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:36 am

laza wrote:Its an important point  and it needed to be written though unfortunately its written about million times already and in far better verse

Amen  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:44 am

I have always thought LFC a soft touch in transfers and we usually pay way over the odds.

I'm glad we didn't sign a player I never heard of from Benefica for £13m, then get told he needs a year (or two) to settle in the premiership, then that the transfer speculation (after two :censored: seasons) affects his confidence and therefore performance, and then paying him a sum of money at the start of year 4 to leave early and go to Bolton or some other :censored: club.

We have to show that we are no longer a soft touch, we did it twice with REal this summer and now Benefica too. Good!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:54 am

Spot on Big Niall.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby andy_g » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:06 am

give the manager and the board the credit they deserve for the efforts they HAVE put in to find the right players at the right price. throughout the whole summer we have been trying to make deals for any number of good wingers and defenders. the fact that they haven't come is not the fault of the manger - figo changed his own mind at the last minute after agreeing terms, simao seems like he wanted to come but benfica scuppered the deal, solano decided to go back to hos old club, stelios decides to stay at bolton. what can the club do about that? kidnap them and force them to play for us??

we have brought in players who improve the squad without a doubt. and while it would be so much better to have a good right winger and defensive cover its not the clubs fault that we haven't succeeded. its easy for chelsea, they can go out and get whoever they like. manure and arsenal haven't exactly set the world alight with their transfer activities this summer, and tottenham have been buying squad midfielders like its going out of fashion.

stop the stupid sulking and looking for someone to have a go at and look at the many many positives about our great club.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:22 am

Other neg post from another LFCNewbie to the RED. Just because RB didn't buy RM and CB , it's going to be the end of the world.

GET OVER IT !!!! I think come JAN we will buy if we have to.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:30 am

we will finish AT LEAST forth. have faith.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hd7ac » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:33 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:Other neg post from another LFCNewbie to the RED. Just because RB didn't buy RM and CB , it's going to be the end of the world.

GET OVER IT !!!! I think come JAN we will buy if we have to.

I think every1 has their opinions and on this board it is kinda the point that they express them!! If you dont agree with someone fine but have a reasonably reply, saying 'Noob' or 'get over it' is quite frankly pathetic! I would prefer you to not reply at all rather than turn this legitamate thread into a childish rant.  :p
hd7ac

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:35 am

I think every1 has their opinions and on this board it is kinda the point that they express them!! If you dont agree with someone fine but have a reasonably reply, saying 'Noob' or 'get over it' is quite frankly pathetic! I would prefer you to not reply at all rather than turn this legitamate thread into a childish rant.

No heart feeling ... RB knows his team better than us ... JUst let him do his work ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby andy_g » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:51 am

actually, whats really pathetic is that so many people are looking so quickly to find someone in the club to blame for the fact that we haven't managed to sign our main targets and/or owen. and what is also really pathetic is that so many people are saying we'll never even get fourth place now because we haven't signed joaquin/milito/figo/owen/etc/etc/etc/etc/etc. and its absolutely pathetic that so many people have so little understanding of the game and how the business and financial sides of it actually works and believe that we can just go out and spend all that lovely money we made by winning the champions league on shaun wright-f*cking-philips.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:54 am

It is disappointing, BUT.. and it is a big BUT.. I think the squad we have now is better than the squad that WON the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. 

The premiership was tough with us last year, injuries decimated our squad, Steven Gerrard appeared to be looking down South and we had a number of players that had never experienced the speed and strength of tackle in the Premiership.

This year, Stevie is focussed
Alonso, Garcia and Josemi  know what to expect on a windy, rainy Sat afternoon in Birmingham
We should (fingers crossed) not have as much bad luck with injuries
and we have improved certain areas... Sissoko looks good, Reina I believe is a better keeper than Dudek
and Crouch gives us a different option.

Things are not that bad... come on boys and girls, lets get behind OUR team, OUR club.  We definately need the famous 12th man (as Delia would say)..  Lets look forward to another season where we improve,

Even with Owen, Figo, Simeon (?) we where not going to win the leadue this year.  It is going to take a couple more seasons of gradual improvement.  Lets hope this year we end up only 12 points behind the champions, that for me will be a good year!

YNWA
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion