Nat Philips

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:13 pm

Watching the U21's get their @rses handed to them by Bolton last night was distressing enough ,but to witness the sad sight of Nat turning out for their back four made me really feel for the lad who was immense the season we needed him. Nat signed a new 4 yr contract recently and I'm assuming assurances were made to the lad that he would get some opportunities in the first team maybe in the cups and to ignore the offers that came in for him in the transfer window.

Nathaniel was the rock in our makeshift defence last season and Liverpool supporters rightly lauded his contribution and his stock was high, now he's so far down the pecking order he personally requested to play in last nights match just for 'I'm surmising' game time.

Thoughts ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:27 pm

I agree with every word mate, he did a fine job last season and he should quickly move on to another club to continue his career. He has no future at LFC with Konate coming in.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:58 pm

Reg » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:27 am wrote:I agree with every word mate, he did a fine job last season and he should quickly move on to another club to continue his career. He has no future at LFC with Konate coming in.

I agree fella ,he should find a club that will give him regular game time in the next window. I suspect the club are reluctant to let him go giving the question marks about both Gomez's and Matips long term fitness and durability ? I imagine Klopp has told him Van Dijk wont play every game and he will need to switch it around in order to afford him a rest. However ,that said if I was in the lads position I would be on my toes at the earliest opportunity.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:35 pm

Bournemouth grab Phillips on loan - Chris Bascombe
Nat Phillips is set to join Bournemouth on loan for the rest of the season from Liverpool.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:51 pm

Championship or the bottom half of the Premier League is probably Nat's level to be honest.

Hope he helps them get into the PL and makes the move permanent.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:49 pm

Good luck to him, hope he does well there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:01 pm

There are a few clubs towards the bottom of the PL that could do a lot worse than Nat and I'm guessing they could have got him for an offer of around £10mil.

Bournemouth have the best defensive record in the Championship so he might not get straight in the team but worst case scenario is he goes from 5th choice to 3rd choice and does end up getting some games.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:39 pm

Best of luck to him, he deserves to play regularly.

Is there an obligation to buy in this deal or just a loan?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:48 pm

damjan193 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:39 pm wrote:Best of luck to him, he deserves to play regularly.
Is there an obligation to buy in this deal or just a loan?

I don’t think so mate, looks like it’s just a loan.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion