Match of the day - How stupid are they.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:09 am

I saw about 5 minutes of MOTD on Saturday. When reviewing Oldham's disallowed goal against Man City, due to a challenge on James as he was catching the ball, Lee Dixon said that if it happened outside the box the ref wouldn'g have blown. Since when can keepers catch the ball outside the box?

The statistics then showed possession as being 68% vs 42%, ammm, get me a calculator

I then switched over and came back when they were reviewing manu vs exeter, the anchorman (where's Lineker?) said about exeter " they came for a point and got one." Again I need to check cup football rules but I don't think its a league system.

Were they all on the ****** to celebrate Manu looking ******? if so then we can't blame them.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:22 pm

I was aghast with the distinct lak of quality on MOTD at the weekend.

That pathetic excuse for an anchor man was embarrasing, if Gavin Peacock is an "expert" then so am I, and Gream Le Saux is the worst excuse for a summariser ever. In fact Stephen Hawking would have done the lads at Yeading v Toon much prouder.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:01 pm

They obviously think - if they put it on late enough
People who watch it will be P*ssed by the time it comes on - so they can say what they want.
There's been plenty of those sort of howlers in football over the years

I remember listening to Keegan's commentry on a game once (can't remember who was playing - but remember the quote)
He said "From this camera angle you can clearly see the guy is offside - but from this angle - he's on side"
SouthernScouser

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:23 pm

i agree about that tool on MOTD.

what is it with T.V execs these days where they think they have to get someone who looks "trendy" to do their shows. whats with this spiky barnet and stupid glasses lark?
thats not trendy, thats just bein a d*ckhead. these clueless f*ckers think if they put someone on the T.V who looks like that everyone will be able to "relate" to him (cos thats how every fellar who watches MOTD dresses like of course.)

some needs to tell him to f*ck off or smash his glasses and shave his barnet.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:25 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:i agree about that tool on MOTD.

what is it with T.V execs these days where they think they have to get someone who looks "trendy" to do their shows. whats with this spiky barnet and stupid glasses lark?
thats not trendy, thats just bein a d*ckhead. these clueless f*ckers think if they put someone on the T.V who looks like that everyone will be able to "relate" to him (cos thats how every fellar who watches MOTD dresses like of course.)

some needs to tell him to f*ck off or smash his glasses and shave his barnet.

hi jim. good weekend then? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:36 pm

doesnt sound like does it?  :D

nah not bad actually. that sh*t makes me fume though.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:39 pm

generally speaking, the bbc have some great pundits but also some very poor ones. hansen and strachan are great but lawrenson and schmeichel do my frigging head in.

that new goals interactive thing is also a poor mans soccer saturday. i mean they had efan ekoku doing it one week.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:40 am

Ekoku was the first man to score 4 goals in a premiership match in case any1 was interested.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:44 am

lol, thanks for that, I'll tell my grand kids about it when im older :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:39 am

Football focus is just as bad, I mean Carlton Palmer, come on, ive seen more enthusiasm in a sock.
RedRoots

Postby liamac » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:01 am

At least socks sweat  :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:02 am

Or is that a sweaty sock .............refer back to strachan :D :D
liamac
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion