Liverpool supporters created chaos in athens

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Fri May 25, 2007 5:35 pm

Funny you mention that, during the Euros in 2004 my brother went over with a couple of mates who had obtained tickets somehow. They scanned the ticket in the machine and it gave the name "Abdul" , my brother is not called Abdul and definitely doesn't look asian, but hey still let him through, no questions :D
LFC2007

Postby Naomi » Fri May 25, 2007 5:40 pm

They scanned the ticket in the machine and it gave the name "Abdul" , my brother is not called Abdul and definitely doesn't look asian, but hey still let him through, no questions :D

Well it seems that no matter which new initiatives they come up with to try and stop forgeries and stolen tickets, at the end of the day they have to have reliable, trustworthy, and honest staff manning the turnstiles/gates. Can anybody see that happening?
You can buy all the quality you like, but without desire, passion and the insatiable will to win, it’s nothing.
Naomi

Postby kobashi » Fri May 25, 2007 5:45 pm

It is true what the UEFA guy is saying about the celtic fans.  there was 100,000 in Seville and there was no trouble at all.

The best thing UEFA can do is put a microchip into the tickets like they did in Germany for the World Cup.
kobashi

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri May 25, 2007 5:52 pm

lets not go down this route of blaming all fans and painting a picture of pure white. The fact is all clubs have some horrible scumbags that follow them. There was trouble in seville, don't deny it. It was small, but was there. Its up to the real fans to shop these because it won't be long before uefa acts and gets rid of us again. They don't need us because the champions league will still be successful without us. We need europe more. Because without it the club and other clubs will decline . It has took us near to 10 years to start competing with europe's finest due to our banning.

Get rid of these knob heads from our club. They make the genuine, law-abiding fans look like thugs too.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Naomi » Fri May 25, 2007 5:54 pm

Get rid of these knob heads from our club. They make the genuine, law-abiding fans look like thugs too.

Exactly.......but as with most things, it is easier said than done
You can buy all the quality you like, but without desire, passion and the insatiable will to win, it’s nothing.
Naomi

Postby NiftyNeil » Fri May 25, 2007 6:02 pm

Cheers for the insight into the night Boodiddy. I was at the Istanbul final, and your build up to the game sounded like mine - though I only managed to get a few cans of non alcoholic Amstel.

Just read the post from RAOTL too. Sounds horrendous. It's an absolute disgrace that fans should turn on each other with use of violence in order to watch a game of football. Those same fans will be blaming UEFA too - it stinks.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri May 25, 2007 6:14 pm

It is unfortunate but inevitable that every club has complete lowlife following them.

Seems that in Athens the savages where out in force.

Bottom line is if you dont have a ticket for the event you stay away from the stadium. Thing is it wont go away because someone will always take a fake so its supply and demand.

The Greeks had no problems with the Milan support who gained entry without difficulty and enjoyed the match. Fact is a bunch of our own caused all this carry on and there is no excusing it despite allocation issues.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Fri May 25, 2007 6:29 pm

TOFFEEMAN1 wrote:LIVERPOOL FANS :censored: ABSOLUTE DISGRACE ALWAYS LOOKING TO BLAME OTHER PEOPLE, :censored: HEYSEL IT WAS SUM 1 ELSE'S FAULT,THEN HILLSBORO, AGAIN SUM 1 ELSE'S FAULT,NOW ATHENS AGAIN SUM 1 ELSE'S FAULT,

THE PEOPLES CLUB

i sha.gged your nan.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri May 25, 2007 6:32 pm

toffeman ain't needed here. just cancel him out immediately.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:38 pm

I know all clubs have as5hole supporters aswell, but we all go on about jft 96 and then rush gates to get in for free. Lets admit there is a large minority of supporters who love talking about bunking in, infact it was said by a couple of posters here on the tickets thread.

I'm not blaming Uefa, we got the no. of tickets we got simple as, Celtic managed to handle that so should we.
Maybe it should have been policed better, but maybe they have not come across the vast number of scumbags that were intent on getting free.

I can bet that there are a fare few people on here that know of someone who bunked in, its now a case of some self policing.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:40 pm

TOFFEEMAN1 wrote:LIVERPOOL FANS :censored: ABSOLUTE DISGRACE ALWAYS LOOKING TO BLAME OTHER PEOPLE, :censored: HEYSEL IT WAS SUM 1 ELSE'S FAULT,THEN HILLSBORO, AGAIN SUM 1 ELSE'S FAULT,NOW ATHENS AGAIN SUM 1 ELSE'S FAULT,

THE PEOPLES CLUB

Im not agreein with this :censored: but in a way he has a point. The Liverpool fans have had some real bad disasters over the years i.e Hillsborough and Heysel and you would think with these two disasters happening with one club that they would be more careful. Its a utter disgrace and im not tarring all us fans with one brush but we must be the scum of the world turning on our fans. B@stards

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri May 25, 2007 7:12 pm

A few points and questions:

1) This would not have happened in this country.

2) This would not have been neccessary had the allocation been more appropriate.

3) Just cus a group of 60K people all support the same team doesnt mean they will give a :censored: about each other.

4) The organisation was :censored: horrendous.

5) Why did the greek pigs take the coins off you at the last checkpoint just before you go and buy stuff and get MORE COINS in your change ?

6) Why where the turnstiles cleary evident ALL AROUND the gruond left unused and the gates employed instead ?

7) Why was the trouble in the Milan end (I have seen the videos) not highlighted in the same manner ?

There are loads more..........
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri May 25, 2007 7:22 pm

THE PEOPLES CLUB

You're a dickhead, son! All those disasters have one thing in common: human failure of authority. That, and poorly adequate grounds. In either circumstance, the fans cannot be solely to blame. Get fucked!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Fri May 25, 2007 8:56 pm

PLEASE MODS PULL THE PLUG ON THIS I"M SO UPSET JUST READING THIS TOPIC THAT IT HAS PUT ME OFF POSTING ON HERE AGAIN! I JUST CAN"T BELIEVE THE MORONIC ACTION"S OF SOME SO CALLED FANS, FECK GOT TO STOP I"M STARTING TO CRY, PLEASE FORGIVE THE CAPITALS BUT I"M THAT EMOTIONAL ABOUT THIS.:(
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:01 pm

LFC2007 wrote:A couple of points to make

i) Had Gaillard and his mates at UEFA given us a fair allocation this would not have happened.

ii) Some LFC fans bought tickets without knowing they were forgeries, why would a fan 'knowingly' buy a forged ticket given that they would effectively be throwing their money away.

iii) The sale of black market tickets was fuelled by UEFA's allocation to commercial sponsors/UEFA 'partners' etc. That was one of the main sources of tickets on the black market, had he and his mates thought twice about this, there may have been no problem.

ok i will make a point.

Liverpool FC fans should be the last set of fans to have acted they way they did.

there is no way around this some of our fans were bang out of order, and to even think of rushing the gate just makes me feel sick.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion