Liverpool f.c - Are going to win the european cup!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:23 am

good lad  :D

mind you...its going to be tougher than last time. Lets hope the lads are up to the job.  :bowdown 

Man utd/Chelsea/Bayern/AC  are all quality sides. But to win it, they must be defeated.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:07 am

We should pretty much get through the quater final. Chelsea in the semis weve beaten them before so why not gain. I would love to play Man utd in the final now and be the team that stops them winning the treble

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:32 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:I must apologise for my comments last night about Man United winning the Champions League. I was very, very drunk and was very looking forward to Roma knocking them out of the Champions League. When they went 3 - 0 up inside the dirst 20 mins I was seething and they were playing exceptional football.

I am also very disapointed Chelsea got through, Valencia started the brightest but as we have seen so often with Chelsea this year, they play poorly and win.

I will not hide the fact I am very disapointed that these 2 English teams have made it through. I did not want to face Chelsea in ANOTHER semi final and the thought of the Manc's awaiting us in Athens could be a life -defining moment - either a ultimate high or the lowest of the low come midnight on the 23rd May 2007.

Man Utd played exceptional, Chelsea are looking like an unstoppable juggernaut. There destiny's this season seem intwined into every competition, the League, F.A Cup and the holy grail - The Champions League. I was worried. I am worried.

However there's nothing like a calming face like that man in the first post of this thread. I sit there and worry about Shevvy, ROnaldo, Rooney and Drogba and then realise who we have got at the top of the helm - the golden man - Rafael Benitez. This guy has made a career out of spoiling parties, Real Madrid and Barcelona in the La Liga, Chelsea in the semi's 2 years ago, West Ham getting victory snatched away in thew final minute at Cardiff. Would I ever of thought any of that could of happened? Probably not. Rafa's the gaffa round here and my faith should no0t be waivered at all by what are rivals are doing. We're Liverpool Football Club and were the greatest team in England, and come May - the greatest team in Europe.

Again.

For the 6th time.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Just remember - Porstmouth beat the Mancs, and Watford beat Portsmouth  :D

What will be will be, our loses to the mnacs have been unfortunate - not thrashings though 'scintilating' performances.

Lets get Perspective here - Mancs need to win so they went all out for it and Roma, who are not all that crumbled.

I'm hoping that Meelan get to the semi's cos they could defo beat these.

As for Chelsea - we've beaten them before and whilst they have a never die attitude, so do we. I would much rather have played Valencia - however we can do these too.

We can win the 6th - it wasn't easy 2 years ago it won't be easy now, but that is what being in the CL is about testing yourself against the cream (sour sometimes :D ) of Europe.

'To live the and realise the possible dream' - GET IN THERE RED MEN  :angry:
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:53 am

I am shitting bricks.

C'moon RED MEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:54 am

i wouldnt be suprised to see us an milan again

people are wa.,nkin over the mancs today in the papers but in truth as good as they were a average roma team give up at 2-0 and utd had one of them games where even if van der saar would have shot it would have ended up in the top corner
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby simic_ie » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:55 am

I wouldn't be too confident of winning anything yet, first of all we have to get through tonight, and the comfort of tonight really depends on what kind of team Rafa sends out, I just hope he doesn't send out too many "squad" players.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:57 am

OMG :O  Smicie - where ya been fella :)

I think given all the commnets re: not being complacent - It will be a stong line-up get the job done!

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:58 am

lets make those CL trophies 6! YEH BABY YEH!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:59 am

Yeah, haven't been on here in quite a while. I do look in every now and then but too busy with work to make many comments.  Good to see some old familiar faces are still around here :D
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:01 pm

simic_ie wrote:Yeah, haven't been on here in quite a while. I do look in every now and then but too busy with work to make many comments.  Good to see some old familiar faces are still around here :D

oi less of the old ay  :D  I don't get on much now neither - but hey we'll have to get some bowling practise in again ay   :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:03 pm

love birds loooooooool
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby simic_ie » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:23 pm

zarababe wrote:
simic_ie wrote:Yeah, haven't been on here in quite a while. I do look in every now and then but too busy with work to make many comments.  Good to see some old familiar faces are still around here :D

oi less of the old ay  :D  I don't get on much now neither - but hey we'll have to get some bowling practise in again ay   :D

We will indeed, my balls are after gathering a lot of dust over the last while.

simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:41 pm

simic_ie wrote:
zarababe wrote:

We will indeed, my balls are after gathering a lot of dust over the last while.

oh my god this is getting weird :oh:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:07 pm

One step at a time boys and girls. Gotta beat PSV yet. I'm quietly confident. When Man UTD come up against a solid counter attacking team they'll be found out.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:16 pm

All the recent talk of Robbie's future has got me dreaming of him hitting the winner past Van der Saar in Athens before retiring. Utterly f#cking poetic.

I wrote in 2005 that I didn't think anything in football could ever be better than Istanbul. But that would be.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion