KOPTALK EXPOSED - DO NOT BE CONNED...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:30 pm

I want to bring to your attention a website I first found about a month or two back and I've been reading the updates every day since.  It usually gets updated about once or twice a day but I subscribe to it in Google Reader so I always get alerted to an update, and I never forget about it.  Google Reader is a Godsend for an avid internet user.

For about the last nine years, a guy has been running a website called KopTalk, where he charges you £30.00 for a premium membership because he has close confidants, ex players, current players, people in secretarial positions at Melwood, the Academy and Anfield on the payroll. 

The idea is these contacts tell him what's going down, what players we're signing, selling etc... he puts it on his subscription only website, you then tell your mates about this fantastic website, then they pay £30.00, they then tell more mates, more £30.00 subscriptions etc...

It's just that there's a small catch with this.  It's all complete BULLSHIT.  There are no contacts, there are no inside men.  HE MAKES IT ALL UP INSIDE HIS HEAD WHEN HE FEELS LIKE IT.

He claims he was writing a book etc... charged £5.00 for an advance copy.  No book ever materialised.

What I'm saying is the man is a crook by the sounds of things, a blatant conman and this website is trying to make sure that no other Liverpool fans is conned into parting with money.  It even has a guide where you can claim your £30.00 back if you paid by PayPal.

Worth a read.  Really interesting stuff on there and the volunteers who contribute to this site are doing it so this conman takes no more Liverpool fans for a ride. 

See what you think and make your own mind up.

http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com
jonnymac1979

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:58 pm

Not surprised at this JMAC, the site's been well known to post bullsh.it for as long as I can remember.  First came across it a few years back, but never subscribed to the insider part of the site.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:08 pm

It just appeared that a couple of anonymous people got absolutely pissed of with this guy taking people for a ride and are trying to shut the KopTalk site down.

This guy must have made absolutely thousands of pounds from this scam over the years.  Rumour has it he's pissing off to live in Spain so the authorities don't catch up with him.  He's avoided paying VAT on all the subscriptions allegedly and according to the blog could be wanted as a criminal for obtaining cash by fraud and deception by the police if they ever catch up with him.

At one point when Houllier was in charge, KopTalk was apparently the biggest Liverpool website on the internet, with over 3000 members paying £30.00 a year for inside info about the Club. 

But it was all bullshit.  Fascinating stuff.  I'm a little gobsmacked that things like this happen, and people are stupid enough to fall for it.
jonnymac1979

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:17 pm

Always thought that WelshWizzard ran that website! :p

Obviously though he doesn't as KopTalk (KrapTalk as it's known elsewhere!) doesn't get the info that Uncle Albert passes on to Welsh! :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:25 am

To be honest you have to be a mug to pay a £30 subscription for "inside-info". Most newspapers and sports media have "inside" contact and probably far better than some numpty with a website.

Anyone who has let themselves be been conned deserves it
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:36 pm

Got to agree. anyone whod pay £30 subsciption to get into whats essentially a welsh wizard world of w@nk deserves it.

is bad thoa s some people are stupid enough to fall for it. seeing the s*n advertisements on the site as well.. absolute fricking disgrace. the guy should be made to walk matthew street with a big banner like bruce willis in die hard with a vengeance :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:36 pm

Anyone who has let themselves be been conned deserves it

Thats pretty harsh, I wouldnt say they deserved it (to be conned) but are silly and naive enough to fall for such c.rap are pretty stupid IMO.

As for old mate and his site, I'm sure he'll get his just deserves sooner rather than later.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:46 pm

Doesn't surprise me either. The site has a lousy reputation among Liverpool fans and i'm surprised they managed to pull in many members these days with sites like Newsnow providing more than enough heresay, speculation and BS to fill a broadsheet daily! I used to spend quite a bit of time KopTalk back in 99/00/01 (i think) but as soon as they introduced the subsription i decided it was time to do one.
Last edited by Scottbot on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:06 pm

iwas the same scottbot, before i knew about thos site, that was the site i used to read rumours on but when they introduced the subscription, i left.. then found newkit..:)  :)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:15 am

we're signing Heinze, wheres me 30 dabs ???
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:52 pm

neil wrote:we're signing Heinze, wheres me 30 dabs ???

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:43 pm

Well i went in for their podcast (free) and I have to say I was bored to tears  they go on about themselves far too much and after a while it gets boring
Last edited by Dundalk on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:49 pm

This is good this entry

I can't believe that this guy has got away with it for so long.  Look at the way the fat prick locks the thread after he gets rumbled by someone copying and pasting an article from Chris Bascombe.

I know it's only the internet but this is riveting stuff.  I read this blog every day.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:00 pm

I had a meeting in Town yesterday morning, then when I was driving back to my office, I drove past Anfield and there was TV cameras interviewing people outside the ground on Oakfield Road. 

It's as fucking easy as that.

In fact, while I'm here, I'd be foolish if I didn't ask this. 

Next time I see this occurring, would it be okay if I got out of my car, went and got the lowdown on what's happening in and around Anfield, get on Sky Sports News or the e-Season ticket talking to the cameras and then you all pay me £30.00 a pop otherwise I wont tell you what I've found out?

How do you all feel about that?  I'm reckoning at the very least TJAMES and Spion would be up for paying me £30.00...

Outrageous...  :D  :buttrock
jonnymac1979

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:12 pm

:laugh:  My cheques in the post John  :D
account deleted by request

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion