I'm fed up with you lot - Steam, steam, steam

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:54 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:I can almost see that silver lining when I take into account what he said.  In three months time, we could have the likes of Cisse, (Rivaldo....???) Boumsong...

And a certain talismanic world class German will be back in the starting 11.

Then lets see how easy we are to push over.

The second half of the season will be very, very interesting indeed.

I wish I was wrong, but Didi Hamman won't make an enormous difference to our fortunes. He's a very good player but our problems run deeper than merely missing a good defensive midfielder.

Also, I don't see Boumsong, Rivaldo and Cisse changing things around for Liverpool either. Cisse is overrated and has done little to live up to the promise he showed three years ago, Boumsong is still something of an unknown quantity, while I stick to the propostion that in the long term, Rivaldo would not be a good signing for Liverpool.

I always did like John Barnes and his granny has some sense too! 100% agree with that, Cisse has never impressed me when I've seen him for France and Auxerre, Rivaldo can't get a game for Milan and Boumsong is as yet untested in English league football. I would put a block on Houllier making any transfers involving French players and clubs, we have bought enough of their cr@p already (Smicer (French Club), Cheyrou, Traore, Camara......)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:13 pm

Mr Houlier recently critized the cheque book football of Chealsea.  I could'nt believe my ears, this is a man who has spend 114 million to assesmble a squad that are in the main cr#p. 

Heres a simple test for all you Houlier supporters.  Tell me one player that Houlier's bought, who is in the top 100 players in the world. Just 1 come on its easy 114 million there's got to be one. 

Madrid bought Beckham, Zidan and Figo for that so come on 1 player.  One proven world class player that everyone can agree on.  No Maybe's or almost rans, I want true world class.  That everyone can agree on.  No nitt picking. A big name in world football.  Just like Keegan or Daglish.

He did buy one bought he got sick and when he came back from illness Houlier let him out on loan.  Marcus Babble is the only proven world class international and domestic preformer. Nobody else. Nobody not Harry Kewell, nor Hypia, nor Hamman, nor dudek, nor Heskey, nor Smicer.

Now thats the greatest indication of what Houliers true value is as a manager.  He wants to prove that he can develop players, he can't get away from the self obsessed teacher that seeks to take talent and shape it into excellence.  Egotisical or what? 

Guys wake up the inept frenchman is a dead loss.  Even the very best managers in the World, who did develop players also bought proven great players. 

Need I say anything more?

Please leave Mr Houlier
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby redandblue » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:47 pm

Spot on. And the real teat is that of all Houllier's purchases, which of them would get in to the United or Arsenal side? None. Not one.

Wenger bought class players without spending huge amounts. Thierry Henry was nearly washed up before being rescued by Wenger. Viera was very good until Wenger got him. Now he's exceptional. He got Anelka on the cheap and sold him for a fortune. When Wenger eventually sells Henry and Viera, his sales, inclding Anelka's will make the club more than £60m in  profit. Now that's what I call real class.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:46 am

redandblue wrote:Spot on. And the real teat is that of all Houllier's purchases, which of them would get in to the United or Arsenal side? None. Not one.

Kewell.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:54 am

hypia,kirkland,baros.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:54 pm

big al wrote:

Heres a simple test for all you Houlier supporters.  Tell me one player that Houlier's bought, who is in the top 100 players in the world. Just 1 come on its easy 114 million there's got to be one. 

Alan Ambulance
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby big al » Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:53 pm

Hypia, baros, Kirkland  come on I said proven. Hypia has been outstanding but have you ever seen him play for Finnland I have.   As for the other two they're not proven.  There's certainly not one of them a renowned world class player.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:05 pm

no,but I think they would all get in an arsenal or utd first eleven.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:50 pm

no chance green red.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:37 pm

Al,all these things are a matter of opinion,but if you were offered a swap deal involving any of these players what would you do?
Kirkland for- lehmann,stack,howard or carrol.
Hypia for-keown,cygan or gary neville.
Baros for- bergamp,wiltord,forlan or bellion.

all these guys have played for theyre clubs this season to my knowledge and I wouldnt swap our boys for any of them.
mind you theres a few others I can think of they can have for nothing.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:01 pm

greenred wrote:these pictures were originally posted underneath a picture posted by cheesecake.
which has mysteriously disappeared.
so if they appear out of context,
blame him!

At least he goes there every year :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:07 pm

big al wrote:You've all pushed me into saying something that cuts my heart out.  Man U are the best team in English football Because Ferguson demands ultimate professionalism both on and off the pitch.

Big Fat ***** Al , you darn traitor ,
i never thought id ever hear you say that ,
do you know how much that hurts me and tens of other pool supporters ,
please be banished from this place never to return ,
go on , clear off ya big bottomed scruff :angry:
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby big al » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:23 pm

Now come on cheesey, Doe's the fact that I can admit your team is better than hours take the fun out of winding us up.  I'm sorry to spoil your fun mate.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:24 pm

Now come on cheesey, Doe's the fact that I can admit your team is better than ours take the fun out of winding us up.  I'm sorry to spoil your fun mate.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:03 pm

In the name of God everyone shut up about how long it took Ferguson to win the league.
He had a excellent crop of youngsters(Beckam, Giggs,Scholes-love them or hate them) and a brand name to provider tens of millions through the Premershit which fitted the scum like a glove for the last 10 years.
We simply don't.
Stop comparing us with them-it doesn't work.
How can we have faith in a man who changes his footballing ethos overnight.
Counter attacking to attacking? When?Where? Why?
We are an average team -FACT
We will look back in years to come if things don't change and wonder where it all went wrong-FACT.
For God sake We are a worse team now compared when GH took over -FACT?
Am I living in a different world or what?
Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion