Hate to say this - But i told u so

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:18 am

A.B. wrote:You've answered your own question Rock. We are not Birmingham,Spurs,Southampton, we are Liverpool Football Club. Do you see Arsenal,Chelsea and Manchester United signing players on a loan?

once upon a time, liverpool dominated european football, that was a generation ago AB, all we are at the moment is another also ran team, we are scraping with the likes of birmingham because we are not good enough anymore.

we have a fantastic history but history does not win you trophies. you have to start looking at us now, put aside our history for one minute and we are just another average mid table team.

i had the misfortune of being able to watch the birmingham game live and all i will say is what a load of sh!te. once again we were outfought all over the pitch and once again we looked clueless. i for one would welcome any player who will do a job for us better than some of the lightweights we have playing for us at the moment.
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:20 am

peewee wrote:once upon a time, liverpool dominated european football, that was a generation ago AB, all we are at the moment is another also ran team, we are scraping with the likes of birmingham because we are not good enough anymore.

Spot on PeeWee, We are a great club with a very average team .The sooner we accept that the less losses to other average teams will sting .
Rafa needs time and cash to hopefully return us to the elite status we once held. In the meantime constant whinging and sniping at players and manager changes nothing .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:33 am

woof woof ! wrote:
peewee wrote:once upon a time, liverpool dominated european football, that was a generation ago AB, all we are at the moment is another also ran team, we are scraping with the likes of birmingham because we are not good enough anymore.

Spot on PeeWee, We are a great club with a very average team .The sooner we accept that the less losses to other average teams will sting .
Rafa needs time and cash to hopefully return us to the elite status we once held. In the meantime constant whinging and sniping at players and manager changes nothing .

totally agree, a lot of people on here need to get rid of their belief that we have a right to win everything. we dont have any right, we will only win things through hard work and good management. i agree totally that we are a fantastic club with a great tradition, but sadly that counts for nothing. woofwoof i just hope we turn it around soon
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:34 am

woof woof ! wrote:

agreed lads, its been a long time since we were feared across football. the youngsters on here have never felt that, only read about it.

we will get there, i just wish it was now!!  :down:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:37 am

i think the main thing we need to look at is our bouncebackability. being the deramer that i am im convinced that we lost to the brummies on purpose so wed be fired up for the lederhosen match in the CL.
When we lose in the premiership it always brings a downer for the weekend but thats just the type of team we are, and have been for the past ten years at least.
We are well known for playing some of the best football seen one week, then losing at home to a team like watford the next.
It comes with the package of being aliverpool fan im afraid.
now about selling our best players. shut up fools. why would we do that? some things said on here dont deserve a reposnse (this is one of them, but i alreay said this so too late.)

Finally what about getting players on loan. Thats dumb too, we dont loan in players, we are liverpool as was said before by people. And Pennant? If i hear either Penannt or barton thrown into transfer specualtion again im gonna cry. seriously. real tears.
So lets remember, we are 5 points off 4 place. Everton have gotta play us, the manc scum and the gooners. its not the end of the world yet.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:42 am

i fear for the champions league. havent you heard the saying ''you are only as good as your last game''.

Due to LFC's inconsistency, i never think victory is guaranteed, like i used to. its a bitter pill to swallow, but i, like the rest on here, have been swallowing for more than 12yrs.

come you reds
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:57 am

The Return of the Judge wrote:i fear for the champions league. havent you heard the saying ''you are only as good as your last game''.

Judge at the beginning of the season many of us feared that we wouldn't make it through the group stage and some of us said that a quarter final place would be a real achievement . We have done as well in the CL as could be hoped for ,from now on any further progress is a real bonus .Being drawn against Leverkusen is a great chance for us ,fingers crossed the players will rise to the opportunity.
:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:04 am

aye fingers crossed woof :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:03 pm

A.B. wrote:
Looking at the 1st team and the bench against birmingham, we don't have a decent squad..... why didn't we sign more players on loan ? Spurs, Birmingham & southampton had signed sh1t load of players........

You've answered your own question Rock. We are not Birmingham,Spurs,Southampton, we are Liverpool Football Club. Do you see Arsenal,Chelsea and Manchester United signing players on a loan?

Sorry A.B. I think you have answered your own questions. We are NOT AT THE MOMENT, Chelsea, Arsenal or Manure either.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:06 pm

Rafa needs time and cash to hopefully return us to the elite status we once held.

woof , I agree with you . RB needs time and cash or money to buy world class players .
RB will be with us for the next 3years but now he really needs money . Where he going to find it? DM inform the club that he will "dig deeper " in his pocket but do you think It will enough. 
RB have no choice to play some of the s*h*i*t* ( The players that not performing and should be sell asap) and hopefully our world class players like SG, Baros , Nando amd Alonso will not be sell because the club needs cash or they want to go to other club because they want to be in successful club.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby King Dogleash » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:30 pm

keep perspective, lots of new players bedding in, injuries throughout the squad, a few bad results, still in 4th spot, good chance of taking over 3rd, final of the Carking cup, last 16 of Champs league with a good chance of getting into last eight, lots of options for new stadium financing ie naming rights, sell gerard and get 30+ million for team building, keep gerrard and have one of the best attacking midfielders in world, respected and succesful manager in RAFA, lots of people desperate to invest money in us.

Lets not cry into our beer jus yet, lots to look forward to, just hope and prey that all the above doesnet fade out to nothingness, that would be tragic! keep it all crossed and if you havent done so already start praying, dont walk on cracked paving slabs and everyone go out and buy a couple of black cats, together we can do it, be inspired and bring the noise!!!!! :love:
JESUS SAVES!! BUT GERRARD NETS THE REBOUND!!
King Dogleash

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:33 pm

i would gladly give rafa time and cah to sort lfc out, but to be 5 points behind everton. sort it now mate :D :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:42 pm

We have lost 10 games already this season. The worst team in the premier league, WBA, has lost 13!!!!

We have also drawn the least number of games, 4.

Worrying stats :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:44 pm

that is worrying
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:59 pm

I agree, 10 losses and it's only Feb :O It's the lost to Birmingham (twice) & Southampton that I am worried about. Losses to Everton, Chelsea and Manu is because we were a tad unlucky. shd be 3 draws instead. Our away form has been woeful...wtf :angry:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion