Go liverpool! gh will rise!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby genecola » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:21 am

I strongly believe that GH will field his best possible team aginst Tottenham at Anfield.

Baros will be in, Finnan will be in and Le Tallac will be in.

Our Championship starts right now. It is time to once again rise up from the dead!!!

Liverpool, we still believe in you, show us some determination to fight on!!

COME ON!!!  ;)
genecola

Postby the_welsh_tex » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:01 pm

Sorry gene,i disagree with you,houllier was happy with the performance against villa,he will field the same team,unless heskeys injury stops him from playing then i think we will see baros starting with owen,ill be interested to see the response of the players as the fans are looking for a desired and compact performance back at anfield,if we lose it will be one of the worst starts for some 80 years,wonder what GH thinks about that because thats a fact.

COME ON LADS GIVE US A GOOD PERFORMANCE.

;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)
the_welsh_tex

Postby genecola » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:34 pm

Its good to be positive.

Ladies and gentlemen,

WE ARE BACK! Never say die, never say die, always believe, and we won't be walking alone!

Everton 0-3 Liverpool

GH, I always believe.
genecola

Postby DAV » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:47 pm

dont get over confident yes we won 3 nill yes owen scored 2 and kewell as we all keep saying when played on the left wing is great. But Everton had there chances and rooney blew them all.
1 win dosent make him a good manager
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby no10 the main man » Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:01 pm

i agree, the team he as got playing at the moment is as good as he will get while he as got injuries,if the same team lose a couple of games he will start too change to much, he panicks too easily, the 1st 35 minutes today gerrard was playing to deep because there was no-one to cover him going forward, he is playing possitively at the minute with 3 attacking midfielders+gerrard who likes to go forward, but i fear he will start tinkering with the team as soon as they concede a goal
no10 the main man

Postby its cold in the stands shadow » Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:58 pm

i have been a critic of houlliers style of play in the past and i believe the result in the derby was down to fan power.
the way he keeps dropping hints in interviews insinuating that he loves playing a attacking game is proof that he is finally starting to listen.
i know everton had chances but any side that attacks does allow the opposition a few including united and arsenal.
you just make sure you score one more than them and with owen in your side you`ve got a good chance of doing that.
i`d rather watch that than some mundane 0-0 even if we would have lost.
the midfield was a breath of fresh air because gerrard even though he was playing the holding role still got up there to increase our support for the strikers. its not rocket science, you`ve just got to commit men forward and let the defence try to hold a fast break by the opposition untill the cover gets back.
if he plays attacking football and stops buying french potential i could cope with houllier for a little while longer.
but all you pro-houllier brigade remember that one swallow doesnt make a summer and contrary to what houllier says its not his preffered style of play, but he is now starting to realise that fans that have grown up watching european cup winning sides week in week out might just know something about the game.
special mention to el hadj and biscan, im not their biggest fan but i am also big enough to give credit where its due.
biscan showed terrific pace to catch a quick radzinski and diouff was my man of the match.
its cold in the stands shadow

Postby azriahmad » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:57 am

I agree. It was a good win but overall, the defence was not convincing and the midfield did not dominate or totally shut out the opposition. We need Hamman back or someone to do a better holding job and release Gerrard of that burden because his natural instinct is to go forward.
Biscan played well. Diouf showed real determination and work ethics as he 'd track back and harass the Everton attackers when they had possession on his side of the field.
On the offensive side, Owen showed his class by converting less clear chances he had compared to Rooney. But Liverpool need another regular goal scorer apart from Owen. There is too much reliance on him to score and although he is world class, he onlu human and not God. He will have a run where he is out-of-form and when that happens, who'd Liverpool turn to?
I am still not convinced about Houllier and that his footballing philosophy will bring us success, even if he is given time to execute another 5 year plan...!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chinesegirl » Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:51 am

We love you forever ,LFC.
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby gaz31 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:18 pm

sorry to be a killjoy but one win dont make us the greatest team in the land again otherwise southampton would be stunning after the win against the man poo today!!!!! ???
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:43 pm

I don't believe anyone has installed us as favourites to win the league after yesterday.I just think fans are mighty pleased that Houllier has listened to the pleading by the supporters and against all his well thought out,schoolastic ideas on how the game should be played,he at last realises perhaps attack can be the best way to entertain the masses and get results.I hope he continues in the same vein but somehow I feel one bad result and he'll revert back to defend and hope for a break.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Red » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:27 am

Whilst I agree one win doesn't make us contenders, I'd have to say the way we played was encouraging. Stringing alot of passes together we were able to penetrate the defence at will.

I am hoping this will happen against stronger defences than everton. After watching the match three times, I still havent worked out was the first goal assisted by a through ball from kewell or was it the defender's sliding tackle that sent it owens way.

Like the first, the second goal came from an excellent pass from the back, the first from Finnan the second from kewell, I did notice Owen showing with both arms to baros and pleading with him to lay the ball infront of him, which baros did superbly.

Heskey however did not show Owen the same courtesy, with either a bad cross or a missed shot on goal, had he been able to lay it on Owen's head or foot, it would have been a goal almost certainly.

Kewell's goal also came from a defensive error, although it was a crisp strike, liverpool were lucky the defender headed it into Kewell's path.

Diouf got man of the match from most quarters, he was able to beat the defence time after time to the point of tearing it to shreds. However all this skillful play didn't lead to any chances other than free kicks, if Diouf is going to make a real contribution he will have to link with somebody in attack.

If liverpool keep improving upon this performance there season will be bright indeed, lets hope they do.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby DAV » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:19 am

If you look at GH in the past. The only decent record he has is that we nearly always beat everton. i think we have won there on 4 visits now.We won this game last season and we were cr#p even though we played well in the derby.
when i see us winning week in week out and playing good attacking football, i then my say gh has turned things round.
but to be honest i still think its time for a change of manager
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:09 pm

super sub speaks the truth. one win over crappy everton does not win titles.  Someone here said Biscan did well. WISE UP. We are liverpool, the mighty reds, our reserves once had better players than Biscan.  OK MAYBE IM WRONG. AGAINST WHAT CRITERIA ARE WE JUDING HIM.  Lets see Hanson, Razor,Hughes,Lawro,Scales,Gillespie no none of these then who?
I know Mikeal Beck. Was he better than Beck ah ah  yes
My goodness Biscan is a bloody super star. His only problem is that he closes his eyes when he heads the ball. runs with his eye on the ball. cant play a forward pass and must be Gh's Bit on the side, as for his speed. He was playing football at Goodison not running in Paris. Some of the other best Defenders in the top flight Gary Mabbut, Tony Adams, Steve Bruce were'nt fast.  No they like everyone else I mentioned except Biscan could play football.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby RedSi » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:09 pm

Not wishing to be a doom and gloom merchant I'm afraid that I have to join Big Al in that I'm still singularly unimpressed and unconvinced by todays LFC under GH. Why do normally stoic, dependable players like Henchoz and Hyppia seem to suddenly be so disinterested? Little Michael and more importantly Stevie G will leave out of frustration if GH remains at the helm with his mediocre, overly-defensive technical nouse and his desperately inane post-match comments.

I was at the Tottenham game and, whilst I'm a big fan of Carragher, I lost count of the amount of times we lost momentum as a result of him receiving the ball at left back and running out of ideas or not giving it quickly enough. Funnily enough this does not happen when he's on the right but that's a different story.....I was therefore horrified to see GH stick with this on Saturday and think it is typical of GH to persist in doing it his way even when it's blindingly obvious to everyone else when something's not working.

The 1st half performance was dire, whether that can be attributed to the fact that it was a derby I don't know, it was extremely worrying nonetheless.

I'm pleased with the way that Diouf, Smicer and Kewell are interacting but for some reason the final incisive ball seems to be missing. I think that a Scott Parker type player could be the missing link. That said we are Liverpool FC and we should be bringing in the Michael Ballack's of this world or a Rivaldo in his prime , I hope those days are not lost to us forever.........

GH will now have a stay of execution but it is only delaying the inevitable, act now Mr Moores and give us all some hope for the future.
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby no10 the main man » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:47 pm

big al named some excellent defenders,but putting razor ruddock in the same catogory as hansen,lawrensen, and gillespie come on get real, he belongs in the same catogory as dicks, burrows and piechnik, he was hard and scored equiliser against the scum, but lets face it he was sh##e.ruddock and scales or sami and stephane no competition. while ruddock was in their defence,the gulf looked less prone to attack, 1 of the worst defences they had.souness had something to prove at lfc so tried to buy players like himself only they couldn't play foot ball he could. nothing to prove at blackburn they've always been sh##e that's why he is doing well
no10 the main man

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion