Enough is enough!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:37 am

I'm just sick to my back teeth of all the sh##e coming out of Anfield these days. I watched Football Years 1990 the other night on Sky and they showed the last Liverpool side to win the championship: players such as Hansen, Nicol, McMahon, Houghtan, Rush, Whelan, Beardsley and Barnes: all world class players.

Since then we have more or less had to put up with nonsense.

Losing 5 games by the start of November is simply alarming and we are no closer to replicating the success of that 1990 team than the days of Souness and Evans.

The biggest blow yet was when Football Focus on Saturday when ITV interviewed a few Man UTD fans. They said that the Liverpool games were no longer big matches for UTD. I know thats Manc arrogance, but there is a certain element of truth in it.

Can the board somehow loom at themselves and ask: Can we win the Championship within two years?

If they can't they should hand over the reigns to someone else.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby redandblue » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:20 pm

It's incredible. When was the last time that a Liverpool manager threw in the towel after 12 matches. GH now wants us to get fourth place. What sort of achievement is that??

We have played the three heavyweights at home this season and lost all three. That says it all.

Houllier was talking in the press today about the team being in transition. He's had five years to get it right. What sort of transition does he want? A ten year plan?

It is truly astonishing that Rick Parry and David Moores don't have the bottle to sack this French clown.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:27 pm

Its a bleeding disgrace.

Houllier's side should be reaching its peak now, not rebuilding.

The chickens are coming home to roost for all the bad decisions he made a few years ago (selling Litmannen, Anelka, failing to capture Duff - who was keen on joining - signing Heskey, Cheyrou etc).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:59 pm

coming fourth is no kind of achievement for a liverpool manager.roy evans did better than that and he was vilified.our expectations are getting lower every season thanks to houllier.soon he will say a uefa place is a succesful season and then maybe in a few years we should be happy avoiding relegation.over the top?well think about the subtle way he has turned fourth place into an acceptable goal for liverpool.do you think shankly would have settled for that?or paisley,dalglish,fagan or even evans?no they wouldnt.

houllier must go.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:03 pm

we should be aiming for top four in europe,not in england.
WE ARE LIVERPOOL!
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:23 pm

No  disagreements with any of these posts ! We are Liverpool , still the most successful club overall and because of that we should not be having 4th place as our aspirational target. When you have spent over £ 100 million in 5 years you would expect to be challenging for the title. You would not expect to be out of contention after a mere 12 games. You would expect ( having spent millions on players and an academy ) to have a strong squad that could cope with injuries and the rigours of playing in 4 competitions. But what have we got ?
A situation which is arguably no better than when he took charge. We have a real mix in the squad ; proven world class performers , solid but limited performers and complete and utter garbage. We have clear favourites in the squad who seem to get picked regardless of performances and we have a manager who finds it hard to handle older , flair and potentially "attitude" players. We have a management "team"who seem to view a different game to what the crowd do. Could they not see our lack of width last season , could they not see that Heskey doesn't deserve to be playing?
Mind you it isn't just the fans who should be saying this is it ? What thoughts are going through the Liverpool boardroom at the moment ? Are they completely oblivious to fan's opinions or are they scared of Houllier. These are the wise men who let Souness continue after the S*n disgrace and then backed out of sacking him in 1993. They let him waste more millions on Ruddock , Clough and Dicks; and then let him go in January when the season was over.With the benefit of hindsight you can say apointing Evans was a mistake. He made a good start in his 1st full season but was on borrowed time as we flattered to deceive whilst the wancs started to dominate. He should have gone in 1997 after we bottled at the end. We gave him another season ( ultimately another empty one ) and then gave us the famous fuckling partnership ! Given their track record I doubt whether the correct decision will be made ! If they don't mid table mediocrity and an exodus of our best players is inevitable.

"je regrette rien !"
THEBARON

Postby Foolsy's lad » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:42 pm

I said a couple of weeks ago that I hoped we'd lose against Leeds so that we could sack Clouseau because if we then won a couple of games he'd end up keeping his job and what happens? Just that. Were given a bit of hope and then we come up against a decent team and the bungling Frenchmans team selection comes up to haunt us again. Why does he persist with s##t players? The mans just not good enough. The interveiw with him after the game on sunday was a disgrace. If ever there was someone trying to take the p#ss and pull the sheep over our eyes it was Houllier on Sky sports! " the game on thursday caused our fatigue, that is not an excuse, it is a fact!". "United played at home, on tuesday and had 2 days more to recover than us". Enough already. Gerard you're killing me. Just when I think it's safe to turn on sky sports news he comes forth with another khazi full of verbal diaorrea.
That chance at the end summed Heskey up for me. He could've been aiming for a goal the size of two Kop's with no goalie and still would have spooned it. Anyway I think Tim Howard had an outburst of tarrets syndrome and it put the poor lad off.
I think we need a revolution. Some sort of a coup where the fans march in and kick out the board and houllier and run the club ourselves. Nice to dream innit?
Foolsy's lad

Postby Cleman » Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:24 am

Glenn Hoddle has been sacked, Peter Reid has been sacked, when will the turn for GH ?

after the winning match against Leeds Utd, I said GH should proof that Liverpool is back to the track with the following games
Fulham --- we won 2:1 (luckily with penalty)
Steaua Bucuresti --- draw 1:1 (goal from unlikely scorer..Traore)
Man Utd --- we lost 1:2

enough !! GH have to go !! sack GH !!
Cleman

Postby Chinesegirl » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:58 am

He can't leave this season!
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby Cleman » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:30 am

then Liverpool can forget about playing in Champion League next season....I don't see Liverpool can finish top 4 under GH
Cleman

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:43 am

The next 6 or 7 games are absolutely crucial.

Not only have we to beat Bolton and Steau in the cups (good cup runs help improve confidence and have a knock on effect on league form) but we also need to win at least 4 out of our next 5 games.

It is possible, indeed I think it is probable, but I could see us going on a good run before losing lamely again to Middlesbro or somebody.

I think that we would be very lucky to finish fourth (Newcastle seem to be handing it on a plate to us) but Houllier continues to f##k up and I predict another 5th place, with Owen shocking us all and declaring he wants to leave.

The situation is alarming...at least Roy Evans he had the common sense to realise that his time was up. Houllier will stay to the bitter end.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby THEBARON » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:37 pm

Yes I agree  Houllier will not walk of his own accord so he will have to be pushed.. but when ? When it is too late with us finishing out of the top 6 and all our decent players departing. We will probably get knocked out by Bucharest and Bolton  but don't worry that will be a "blessing in disguise" which will help us to pursue our 10 year Houllier plan, namely the road to nowhere.
THEBARON

Postby supersub » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:43 pm

Steven Gerrard today signed a contract till 2007.The only player who will leave is Owen thats already a sure thing you watch.He will drag his feet over a new cotract and then make excuses he is off to euro 2004 and will sign after the tournament.If he does well he can demand a massive wage from any of the top european sides.Watch this space.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Red » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:19 am

I hate to say this, but I think you're right Super. Lets hope England goes dismally, like their cricket team.

I can easily say this since I am an aussie and dont really give a sh##e how England go.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:42 am

I'm not a big England fanatic myself,I show an interest but I've never lost sleep over any England diabolical performances.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion