Defence,midfield,offence

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:01 pm

One of the reasons we lost today is our midfield. It consisted Traore,Diao,Riise and Alonso. Only Alonso is a natural midfielder.

Both Traore and Diao are horrible players from Houlliers era. They do not deserve to start. With those two you can not expect our forwards to score. When Alonso is having a bad game somebody else has to step up and it will not be Traore and Diao. Riise is a defender he shouldn't play in midfield, otherwise Rafa is doing what Houllier did with players positions.

Without Gerrard and Nunez our midfield should look like this:

Luis Garcia-Alonso-Hamann-Warnock

Warnock deserves a start in the Premiership. He showed that he has the pace to start against Bolton and was impressive against Norwich. Kewell does not have the heart to play anymore, he only plays for the money and not because he loves the club or the game.

Having those four in the midfield is better than having Traore,Diao and Riise.

Finnan had a good game against West Bromich but thats the thing he can only play good against low clubs. He shouldn't play in the midfield or in the back. He is not good enough.

Luis Garcia is more effective when he is in the midfield because that is his natural position. Playing Garcia up front would be playing Gerrard up front. Let the player play where he is more effective, up front is not where Garcia shines.

If we want to have a good partnership up front Cisse and Baros have to play more games with each other. I thought Rafa learned something from Manchester and Olympiakos. The formation we use on the road is SH!T.

Once Gerrard and Nunez are back things will be much better in the midfield imo. Nunez I believe will be a good player for us, he is unfortunate to be injured at the moment.

Garcia-Alonso-Gerrard-Nunez, that is a very good midfield. With a good midfield we can have good attacking football.

Anyone else agree?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:37 am

i dont agree, the fact that traore was in defence  and the midfield was in fact alonso, Garcia, diao and riise, with kewell playing just behind cisse shows what a c*cksmoker you are.

i agree with one thing, and that is the fact we are tactically niave. i dont know how we expect to win games with so few chances on goal.
112-1077774096

Postby Santa » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:37 am

I don't understand why not start Warnock on left side midfield and keep Riise on left back instead of Bambi? and why Hamann didn't start, as Rafa later realised what a ****** Diao was and replaced him with ... Hamann?

Tactically, Rafa wanted to play a more compact formation where he intend to play Garcia and Kewell in a forward midfield role but our midfield was still over ran, obviously missing Stevie and Alonso having a bad day in the office, and Garcia trying to overcook a simple meal most time. Kewell again contributed nothing with the exception of one clearance header. Time to get tough with those under-performers...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:52 am

Kewell, what did he do as compared to Duff? Nothing, apart from the cross to Cisse!

I missed the second half as it was very late here in these parts of the world (after 12 am for the second half and I had to rush off outstation from 5:30 am), but the first half wasn't a bad performance and we did manage to frustrate Chelsea. The only thing is that Drogba (before he got injured), Duff and Lampard were threathening as compared to our Cisse, Kewell and Garcia when I was watching.

It is going to be a very long season...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:33 am

This is Liverpool AB not the Detroit all Star Metro bollox. What the hell is offence ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:36 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:This is Liverpool AB not the Detroit all Star Metro bollox. What the hell is offence ?

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:38 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:This is Liverpool AB not the Detroit all Star Metro bollox. What the hell is offence ?

i was thinking exactly the same thing. i hate americanisation of the english language. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrunner » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:20 am

peewee

If w'ere tactically naive then isn't that the manager's job to sort out?
Redrunner

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:22 am

Oh get over it!  You knew what he meant, I'm not American but it still pisses me off all these stupid pommy ****** going on about how the 'poor old english language' is being ruined.  Get over it mate its not important.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:24 am

Redrunner wrote:peewee

If w'ere tactically naive then isn't that the manager's job to sort out?

indeed it is, but also a professional footballer at any level should know that you need to keep the ball, you cant win a game unless you have the ball, thats simple.

our niavity comes with giving the ball away too often and then having to defend, we then try to score a goal on the break, this is difficult to do when the ball is played into the box and we have no on ethere to meet it. i am an advocate of  'the best form of defence is attack'. we should be putting the other team on the back foot and forcing them into mistakes
112-1077774096

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:24 am

sorry that was to stmike not redrunner
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:27 am

Starbridge42 wrote:Oh get over it!  You knew what he meant, I'm not American but it still pisses me off all these stupid pommy ****** going on about how the 'poor old english language' is being ruined.  Get over it mate its not important.

i think you will find it was leonn who mentioned it first or are you too scared to slag him off    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:29 am

peewee wrote:
Starbridge42 wrote:Oh get over it!  You knew what he meant, I'm not American but it still pisses me off all these stupid pommy ****** going on about how the 'poor old english language' is being ruined.  Get over it mate its not important.

i think you will find it was leonn who mentioned it first or are you too scared to slag him off    :D

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:36 am

AB, I think that you got diao and traore confused mate,

Traore was playing at the back as far as i could tell, but to be fair they are both sh*te, so easy mistake to make
Jari's mullet

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:38 am

Jari's mullet wrote:AB, I think that you got diao and traore confused mate,

Traore was playing at the back as far as i could tell, but to be fair they are both sh*te, so easy mistake to make

i already pointed this out jari, read the whole post mate   :D
112-1077774096

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion