Cult hero speaks up! - Igor igor igor!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:18 pm

Igor Biscan has praised the Liverpudlians who have elavated him to cult-hero status on the Kop. 
The Croatian midfielder, who is enjoying his best season yet in a red shirt, has been a much-maligned figure at times during his Anfield career.

But he admits the support of the Liverpool fans has helped him through the dark days and that they will always hold a special place in his heart.

"I feel warmth from the fans and it is something that makes me proud. If I'm completely honest, of course, it makes me happy," says Biscan.

"I don't know the reason for it but they have always supported me when I was playing badly and through the good times. I will always remember that.

"It is important for every player to have a good relationship with the fans. The Liverpool fans aren't just like this with me, they do it with every player, especially when they feel they are going through a bad period.

"This is why they are some of the best around, certainly in England and probably the world."

Source: Liverpoolfc.tv

Im made up to here him speak up cos ive never been quite sure how he took the chants, but hes obviously gaining in confidence and im made up for him!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:40 pm

Igor has probably recieved more derisive abuse than most players in the current LFC squad. I'm not convinced that a lot of them weren't deserved,how many times have we seen him on the field but his mind still seems to be somewhere else ?Half the time he looks as though he's just got out of bed and is not yet fully awake Having said that ,this season he has shown on occaision some REAL CLASS and got me thinking maybe this is why we signed him .His slide rule pass to Garcia (against Leverkusen) was top drawer . Maybe it is another example of a player needing a decent run in the team and a bit of support to boost his confidence.
He'll never be a leader ,but the man definitely has skill ,hopefully Rafa will continue to help him to display it .   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:46 pm

Well hes out of contract in the summer, and Hamburg want him, once Xabis back it will be bye bye Igor, hes played well in europe, and he doesnt shy away from tackles, but I dont think hes in Rafas long term plans.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:21 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Well hes out of contract in the summer, and Hamburg want him, once Xabis back it will be bye bye Igor, hes played well in europe, and he doesnt shy away from tackles, but I dont think hes in Rafas long term plans.

why do hamburg always want to steal our best players off us? :(

first it was keegan in the seventies, and now igor. :down:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:32 pm

stmichael wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Well hes out of contract in the summer, and Hamburg want him, once Xabis back it will be bye bye Igor, hes played well in europe, and he doesnt shy away from tackles, but I dont think hes in Rafas long term plans.

Yes, next thing they'll want Vladimir Smicer as well!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:36 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
stmichael wrote:

Yes, next thing they'll want Vladimir Smicer as well!

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:49 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Half the time he looks as though he's just got out of bed and is not yet fully awake

like here for example :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:58 pm

stmichael wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Half the time he looks as though he's just got out of bed and is not yet fully awake

like here for example :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

??? See Fowlers got a bit of an ale gut on that :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:58 pm

who is more of a cult icon? baros? milan milan milan milan
or biscan? igor igor igor igor, from my 2 experiences of anfield this season id say baros but thats only cos biscan didnt feature in 1 game and came as a sub in the previous game, so could any1 shed any light? who is more of a cult hero?
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:38 am

the sooner igor f*cks off the better,and nando if you have had only two experiences anfield this season let me assure you iv'e seen more urgency out of the people who work in the betting shop at the back of the kop than i have out of igor{window licker} biscan in the last four years.he is one of the worst players that as ever been signed by a liverpool manager!! but then again i suppose we are talkin about G.H. enough said, just another 5 million wasted. ho my god what a ****** you are nando. !!!!!!!!!!  :p :p :p
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:49 am

I like Biscan, yeah he's not the most consistant player but I think he's shown that he can play well in the middle of the midfield and that it's his postition rather than playing bad on the right wing under GH, the lad has a good attitude and always gives 100% so as long as he does this the fans will always back him like any player that pulls his weight and thats why Kewell gets stick!!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:50 am

bit of a far fetched post!

cult hero? erm...nope...jsut cause he played one good game.

they only sing Igor,Igor,Igor....to get him to move his lazy ******, for his 30 grand a week!

I still say.....sell him to swansea.

I dont know how any manager can tolerate such players.

Fans encouraging him, is like trying to wake a dead elephant.
Iceman69

Postby Paul C » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:56 am

Iceman69 wrote:bit of a far fetched post!

cult hero? erm...nope...jsut cause he played one good game.

they only sing Igor,Igor,Igor....to get him to move his lazy ******, for his 30 grand a week!

I still say.....sell him to swansea.

I dont know how any manager can tolerate such players.

Fans encouraging him, is like trying to wake a dead elephant.

All the Liverpool fans love him and he is a hero, he has had more than one good game since playing uder Rafa (in his correct position) so I wouldn't say it's far fetched.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:26 am

I'm afraid Igor has misinterpreted the "adulation " from the Kop when in reality it's fans laughing AT him not with him ???

I must remind people that Igor Biscan cost in the region of 6 Million pounds sterling aND one or two decent performances a season is no return on a player in that price bracket !

Hamburg are welcome to him IMO just as long as they take Smicer as well :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:30 pm

to true dalglish. the kop sings, he haw he haw, and the silly tw*t waves to them. :D :D :D
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion