Could we score our way - In to the top 3?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:36 pm

Baros, Owen, Cisse and Tallec are 20 goal players.  I say we can score more then we conceed in Keegan style  :p
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:43 am

I have to say that our goals for tally can only soar this season. Heskey wasn't as bad a player as people made out, but he just didn't put the ball away enough to help haul us out of sticky games.

If Baros, Owen and Cisse can all get 15+ goals this season - and if they're rotated and subbed wisely this is very possible - we should be a lot closer than last season. I just hope the likes of Gerrard and Kewell wade in with their fair share as well, as we've been far too over-reliant on Owen in recent years, and it's with goals from midfield that Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea have pulled through when they've been playing poorly.

Oh, and since we've loaned Le Tallec out, I can't see him making too much of a difference to us this season.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Dalglish » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:11 am

Last seaon we were joint 4th top Scoring side in the Prem , the other side being Man City who finished 16th ???

When you consider we failed to convert ANY free kicks , missed more penalties than we converted and according to the stats created more shooting opportunities than everyone then it's not exactly putting your neck on the block predicting we may well score more.

The reality is we SHOULD score more goals this time around and with Cisse on board at the expense of Heskey and perhaps more importantly a better supply for Owen we really ought to bag a few more. We conceded 35 goals with often Biscan playing centre back, Carragher out for ages and Finnon, Henchoz and Rise out for various reasons I also believe we have the capacity to concede fewer than 35 (Man U conceded 33 by the way).

Walk on ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:19 am

do you mean Pongolle & Kewell, La Tallwc has bena loaned out to St Etienne.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:46 pm

our main problem was lack of goals from midfield. ok kewell got 11 but 9 of those came before christmas. gerrard scored 5 but should be getting double that.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:49 pm

don't forget murphy, he's the top scorer, burt now he's gone and nobody's to come yet ???
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:57 pm

Hopefully Owen, Cisse and Baros will bag 20+ each, Pongolle and Kewell 15+ (as pongolle won't get as many matches as the others I've lowered the number) Gerrard 10+ Hamman 5-10 and a goal here an there from the rest.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:21 pm

That would be a dangerous way to go as we all know how well keegans teams usually do! :D While it would be good to watch, we should remember that Evans had that style n we all know how far that got us. we need to find balance .  attack wins you games it's ur defence that wins you the championship :;):
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion