Come' on guys...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC_fan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:48 pm

Why are so many of you branding the non-signing of Owen as Rafa's mistake when nothing has suggested even remotely that it is?

No doubt, Owen would be an improvement on our squad but then again nobody knows what sort of impact he would have made if he were to come back to liverpool. Rafa's system obviously doesnt suit micheal and vice versa. If Rafa needed a striker like Owen, he would have gone out and buy a similar striker once Owen left last season, instead, we saw the arrival of Moro and Crouch, 2 strikers whom are totally in a different mould as Owen.

I know im not as senior as some of the members here in this forum, but like what AB said a couple of weeks back, F@ck off, ya Doom & Gloom squad. True that many of us are gutted to see MO sign for Newcastle but its unfair to label it as a mistake by Rafa or the club to let that happen.

Sometimes its so hard to please people. Win a throphy and alls rosy and people are smiling and slapping each other on the back. We didnt sign a striker cos we didnt need one / couldnt afford to match Newcastle's price and people are pointing accusing fingers all around before a ball has been kicked.

Grow up guys, this isn't Championship Manager, nor are we Chelski. Let Rafa and the Liverpool board do their job. If rafa thinks that Reina , Sissoko, Crouch and Zenden are what he need, then at least give him and the players some time to prove their worth, that's only fair.

My 2 cents worth.
LFC_fan

Postby dosserboy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:51 pm

Fair shout, as the night has gone on, after the disappointment of today, I don't feel so bad. Its not the end of the world, but then again I have had 6 CARLSBERGS!!!!!
dosserboy

Postby Homebooby » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:53 pm

LFC_fan wrote:Why are so many of you branding the non-signing of Owen as Rafa's mistake when nothing has suggested even remotely that it is?

No doubt, Owen would be an improvement on our squad but then again nobody knows what sort of impact he would have made if he were to come back to liverpool. Rafa's system obviously doesnt suit micheal and vice versa. If Rafa needed a striker like Owen, he would have gone out and buy a similar striker once Owen left last season, instead, we saw the arrival of Moro and Crouch, 2 strikers whom are totally in a different mould as Owen.

I know im not as senior as some of the members here in this forum, but like what AB said a couple of weeks back, F@ck off, ya Doom & Gloom squad. True that many of us are gutted to see MO sign for Newcastle but its unfair to label it as a mistake by Rafa or the club to let that happen.

Sometimes its so hard to please people. Win a throphy and alls rosy and people are smiling and slapping each other on the back. We didnt sign a striker cos we didnt need one / couldnt afford to match Newcastle's price and people are pointing accusing fingers all around before a ball has been kicked.

Grow up guys, this isn't Championship Manager, nor are we Chelski. Let Rafa and the Liverpool board do their job. If rafa thinks that Reina , Sissoko, Crouch and Zenden are what he need, then at least give him and the players some time to prove their worth, that's only fair.

My 2 cents worth.

it's not championship manager? Are you sure? I have a theory that Rafa has been so quiet because he has been testing all the possible scenarios of signing, or not signing Owen using that very simulator.  :;):
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:54 pm

dosserboy wrote:Fair shout, as the night has gone on, after the disappointment of today, I don't feel so bad. Its not the end of the world, but then again I have had 6 CARLSBERGS!!!!!

a tarts drink  :D
Homebooby

Postby lakes10 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:58 pm

dosserboy wrote:Fair shout, as the night has gone on, after the disappointment of today, I don't feel so bad. Its not the end of the world, but then again I have had 6 CARLSBERGS!!!!!

you know what i might go and try that...by the way i have sun stroke right now....well it was 30c outside and i spent 4 hours out in it playing golf.so i am not in the best of moods and my eys keep going funny and i feel sick pmsl oh well a few cans might help lol
Last edited by lakes10 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC_fan » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:00 pm

Just because he doesnt announce to the world that he wants to sign a short left sided winger from a fellow EPL team for 21mil or an African midfielder playing in France for 34mil doesnt mean he has cotton in between his ears dude. Different managers have different styles.

Its so hard to please people as a soccer manager these days. According to a study, people eat more when they are stressed. Rafa's getting more rolly polly by the minute and his hairline's recedding so fast he may have as many hairs as Drogba has goals in a couple seasons time.
LFC_fan

Postby dosserboy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:03 pm

Homebooby wrote:

a tarts drink  :D

Sorry about that HOMEBREW, lol.  .......it is Export, is that alright?
dosserboy

Postby JohnBull » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:06 pm

We've now got a boss !   As much as I'd have liked Owen - Raffa's got a final picture - stay with it !!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:12 pm

lakes10 wrote:

you know what i might go and try that...by the way i have sun stroke right now....well it was 30c outside and i spent 4 hours out in it playing golf.so i am not in the best of moods and my eys keep going funny and i feel sick pmsl oh well a few cans might help lol

.. does that explain ure unusual slagging off of our manager..  :angry:  :D

100% behind the Boss and the Team.   :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion