Buying a ticket for a seat at anfield - The trails and tribulations of...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Well Red » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:20 pm

I've only ever been to our hallowed ground once (to watch the Pool defeat FC Haka in the return leg of Champions League qualifying years ago when the likes of Peggy Arphexad turned out for us), chiefly because I live down south in London - and have never been able to get tickets to any away fixtures either.

My main problem is just that I'm confused with how the system works. Am I right in thinking that you need to have already seen an FA Cup/Champions League game at Anfield in order to get a tcket to another one? And you need to be some sort of fancard holder to have any chance of getting to a League match? Then there's a lottery, or something?

Could anyone explain how I would go about buying a ticket? Perhaps buying one on eBay is my best bet  :(
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:19 pm

Go to the liverpool website, click on tickets and all is explained there. Don't hold your breath for a ticket for the derby though. Good luck
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Well Red » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:25 pm

it just all seems unlikely and, in the case of grade A games, impossible unless you're a season-ticket holder. I'd give my right arm to get hold of a ticket for the Real Madrid return leg at Anfield :p
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Well Red wrote:it just all seems unlikely and, in the case of grade A games, impossible unless you're a season-ticket holder. I'd give my right arm to get hold of a ticket for the Real Madrid return leg at Anfield :p

If you go to the games, then you deserve the chance to get tickets for upcoming games.

There are only 27000 season ticket holders and 44000 seats, so there is theoretically 17000 tickets up for grabs.

If you want a ticket bbadly enough, then try hard enough, you will get one in my experience.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion