Andy gray - Commentating on our games

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gary106 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:43 pm

firstly i didnt know where else to post this thread, so mods if im wrong i apologise if it is feel free to move it.

is it me or when andy gray commentates for sky sports on our games he is so biast! it really annoys me he's obviously gona have it in for us being an ex evertonian an all so im suprised he's allowed to commentate on our games. sometimes you can hear him mutter things to himself and be biast which as a commentator shouldnt be allowed.

the only time ive heard him be pleased for us is when Gerrard scored the goal against olympiakos last season :)
gary106

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:52 pm

gary106 wrote:so mods if im wrong i apologise if it is feel free to move it.

No, your rant's fine, he said "game well and truly over" and he hated saying that, on 25th May 2005.
jonnymac1979

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:57 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
gary106 wrote:so mods if im wrong i apologise if it is feel free to move it.

No, your rant's fine, he said "game well and truly over" and he hated saying that, on 25th May 2005.

He also said''' Gerrarrrrd, What a hit son ,what a hit''''!!!

Still a cun.t though!!! Aye :nod
66-1120597113

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:02 pm

Andy Gray, he's a biased c#nt. Nothing new really.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Garymac » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:06 pm

Personally i prefer Gray to most other commentators cos hes not that bad as a commentator, some are fu*king woeful though Trevor Francis, Alan Smith and Jonathan Perace to name a few. Andy Gray has some quality moments and a fair few are with us Reds which p!ss off the blues big time, Gerrards goal against Man U were he says "Open up the top draw and ill tell you what you wont find that in there, its above that" And him celebrating and fordetting who he was after the same fella struck against Olympiakos "what a hit son, what a hit" And of course the final and those Immortal words "Game well and truly over" Andy gary is rare these days, although a tw@t he has his moments and he says things no one can deny, you will never forget, unlike some run of the mill boring bas*ards who commentate these days.

He might be biased at times, but he isnt half as bad as some of them.

No one beats good ol Chris Kamara, why the fu*k does he get learched with lower league games when we get stuck with Trevor Francis, Tragedy  :no
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Feeney » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:21 pm

Garymac wrote:some are fu*king woeful though Trevor Francis,

He is the WORST commentator I have ever heard, can't stand the c*unt. He insists on calling everyone by thier full title and always has the same funking monotonous b@stard tone...  :angry:  :angry:

TW@T

CK's ace though, have to agree and to be honest I don't mind Gray, I do believe that he and Tyler are the best partnership for commentary on any channel.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:31 pm

Andy Gray is ok ,he always comes off with somethin different and his voice isnt too bad. Id rather listen to him than Brooking too hes so borinnggggg  :talktothehand or Barrys favourite jackie fullerton lol
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:38 pm

I personally like Andy Gray most of the time.

That Clive Tyldsley gets my back up. Can't stand him. Hasn't got a clue.
115-1073096938

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:46 pm

Mikz wrote:Andy Gray is ok ,he always comes off with somethin different and his voice isnt too bad. Id rather listen to him than Brooking too hes so borinnggggg  :talktothehand or Barrys favourite jackie fullerton lol

HA  HA !!! Our Jackie lol   :no  :no

What about Alan Smith???
A commentator with a speech impediment is as much use as a bucket with no ars.e!

Hewe come engwand again,its woony,lampawd,gewawd,cole......
good play this!!!  Teeeeeewwwwwweeeeeeeeee  !!!
Oh its ovaa the bawww!!!
Sowwweee!!!
Could'nt resist!! :sleepy:
66-1120597113

Postby lakes10 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:46 pm

Andy Gray winds me up, even when it is not us playing he backs the top team and runs the underdogs down
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:09 pm

Andy Gray is a biased fu**er but i still like his commentary. He's passionate and at least he sounds like he knows what he's talking about. The list of dodgy commentators and pundits seems to go on forever at the moment. Trevor Francis might be the worst of them all (i wish he'd blow his bloody nose) although David pleat must run him a close second. As for MOTD. How the hell did Le Saux and the dreary 'state the bloody obvious every time' Lee Dixon get a job on the box. The guy is more boring than the Arsenal team he played in under George Graham - The kind of pundit who tells us 'if that went in it would have been a goal!'
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:49 pm

My favourite commenter would be John Motson , there  is another one who works for the BBC old bald bloke cant remember his name though. ( maybe Gerald Sinstad ).

My least favourite ones are these Aussie ones over here I dont know there names ,they Know about as much as football as I do aeronortical engineering. ( which is f.uck all )

Yeah and Andy gray can also get on your nerves..
66-1112520797

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:08 am

Bamaga man wrote:My least favourite ones are these Aussie ones over here I dont know there names ,they Know about as much as football as I do aeronortical engineering. ( which is f.uck all )

On SBS there is:

Craig Foster, ex aussie international.
Simon Hill, he's not bad too be fair, he's from the Uk and is a Man City fan.

Fox sports:

Robbie Slater - another ex aussie international.
Neil Evans
Grahom Arnold  - assistant soccerros coach.

Martin Tyler is another good commentator worth mentioning.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:18 am

I can't stand Motty.. He should get back into his Arc.. His style is so old fashioned, and I hate the fact he gives 390 stats in each half?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby kazza » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:49 am

I think Gray does have good football knowledge, but he does hate Liverpool and when commentating on our games he cannot help but show it. Being biased means he does not call the game as it is, but rather his own biased perception. He was so happy to talk about Garcia's goal not crossing the line, but he never talks about the countless penalties that we were ripped off. The thing is the commentaters have a major impact on the viewers perception of the game (well the people with less football knowledge anyway) and that includes reporters.

I do not think he can be trusted to call Liverpool matches fairly. I think once Everton gets demoted to the lower leagues, then so should he.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion