And you wonder why we are so inconsistent - Shocking

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Garymac » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:28 pm

So there is no way playing a different starting 11 week in week out effects the consistency of a team A.B, im not saying its the sole reason but its one of many.

You surely cant find 39 different team selections for 39 games healthy for the team, and i thought that injurys would limited the amount of players in the squad, leaving Rafa a smaller squad to pick from, and therefore needing to use the ame players more than ever.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby jack66 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:36 pm

rotation is :censored:,there is no way we will ever be consistent while rafa keeps chopping and changing.The best teams over the years have always had settled sides,just as chelsea now.
jack66

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:55 am

bigmick wrote:The thing that gets to me amongst all the science and nonsense that flies around Liverpool Football Club theses days is this analytical approach that somehow fails to address the blindingly obvious.
On the way to the game on Tuesday we was talking about the game and what would be Palace's approach. Now call me a prophet but I had a bit of a feeling that they would employ a high energy, up and at 'em style and try to get in amongst us. Somehow I found the idea that they would go for a low tempo, chess like game and get the ball down and try and outpass us a little fanciful. What would you do if you were Ian Dowie? You've got two young midfielders in Soares (who is a good player BTW) and Watson who will run all day for you. Your team is full of athletic young blokes who probably won't make it at the very top. You go all out non-stop action, or at least I would anyway.
Now, rub your chin as you mull this one over and ask yourself this question. Who is the central midfield player at the club who is probably least able to cope with high-tempo pressing from the opposition? Despite his obvious qualities in European games, whose legs are without question on the wane? I think I might be talking about Didi here. Now, next question. Who out of our mifdfield players has the most energy? Which one is never happier than when the tackles are flying in and he can fight and scrap for everything? Which one of our midfield players would have outrun Palaces two the other night? I'm talking Momo Sissoko here. The game was absolutely made for him.
Next question. Who played and who didn't even come on as sub? Makes you wonder a bit sometimes.

bigmick for manager!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:44 am

BringBackTiti wrote:Do you think Rafa can name his beast team?

His beast team?  I guess Josemi would be first on the team sheet every week!    :p
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:38 am

Of course Raffa constant rotation is doing more harm than good...is been obvious for  a long time.
I think a lot more players are frustrated,not just Cisse and its showing bigtime on the pitch.
Another thing thats annoying me hugely is people on here that refuse to criticise the club at present and admit Raffa is getting it wrong bigtime...Being blind  to the fact theres a problem does not make an individual  any more of an LFC than one who is posting in disgust at our  present form...quite the opposite id say
Its all well and good saying Raffa will get it right in the league.....it  hurts  me to  say he looks clueless in the EPL and  mllion miles away from what we need
66-1120597113

Postby louie garthie » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:54 am

The only rotation system that works,is the one currently in use at Tescos,where they serve up the chickens by the dozen.
louie garthie

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:56 am

louie garthie wrote:The only rotation system that works,is the one currently in use at Tescos,where they serve up the chickens by the dozen.

aye but louie, watch out for the hock burns found on the chickens ankles and parsons nose. Thats a bad sign the chicken has had a cack life, and aint worth buying  :nod
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby louie garthie » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:01 am

Judge wrote:watch out for the hock burns found on the chickens ankles and parsons nose. Thats a bad sign the chicken has had a cack life, and aint worth buying  :nod

That "Good Shoppers Guide" should be drummed into Rafa.That way we can all keep abreast of the situation.
louie garthie

Postby Judge » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:03 am

louie garthie wrote:
Judge wrote:watch out for the hock burns found on the chickens ankles and parsons nose. Thats a bad sign the chicken has had a cack life, and aint worth buying  :nod

That "Good Shoppers Guide" should be drummed into Rafa.That way we can all keep abreast of the situation.

bad pun on words there louie  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:28 am

charlton had became the first team that defeated chelsea this season in carling cup. One of the reason why charlton  win is that Charlton managed to matched chelsea physically and vitally tactically.

Sam Wallace had analyses the game between chelsea and charlton and he gave 7 strategy for beating Chelshite.

The first strategy is- Predict the chelshite team correctly.

Mourinho has a full time scout to keep tabs on future opposition and the six-page dossier that Andre Villas Boas prepares for each chelshite player, for each match, is delivered two days before every game. Curbishley relied on old-fashioned managerial deduction. " I guessed Chelshite's line-up right," the charlton manger's said, "although i have to admit i didn't expect to see lampard on the bench."

My point is, u must know your opponent in detail ( like rafa did now ) and prepare each games differently. But our weakness is we don play with our strongest 11 and we also don have our style or trademark play like manure, arsenal or chelshite.
darwisigila

Postby neil » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:33 am

Its like this, if 11 footy players are sent onto the pitch and are told exactly what to do in every situation, where to be, how to react to this or that, they will quite soon get p.issed off, see, if you sign for LFC you have every right to consider yourself the better player than your opponent and therefore allow him to worry about your ability and let his manager dictate what he should do about you. Our football looks like a chore at the moment. Lets allow the whole team to express themselves for 1 game in 7 years and see what happens, or would our control freak manager lose the plot?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dum1 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:48 am

Because the players are confused by what the gaffa sees as his best players.
dum1

Postby AwiLas » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:58 am

SInce most of us agreed that Crouch got a problem heading the ball into the net, why don't Pool play 4-3-3.?.
GK-Reina
RB-Finnan
LB-Riise
CB-Carragher
CB-Hyppia
CM-Gerrard
CM-Alonso
CM-Sissoko
FW-Garcia
ST-Morientes
FW-Kewell
As u can see, the back 4 still remains counting on Riise and Finnan to open up the opponent's midfield with their tireless run.. The 3 midfields to tackle and break down opponent's attacks, reading the game and provide pin point passes to the 2 forwards, whom I still believe that they can still beat defenders before assisting Morientes.. What do u all think.?. My 2 cents thought...
AwiLas

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion