Tickets for anfield

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby celtic fan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:13 pm

Hi

As you will have probably guessed from my user name, I am not a regular visitor to this site but I have joined this forum to ask for some help. :help

My daughter has a boyfriend who comes from Belfast and is a huge Liverpool fan but has NEVER been to Anfield.  His birthday is in October and my daughter came up with the idea that for his gift, she would book flights for him and buy him a ticket for a match.  She contacted the Ticket Office today and all they could do was to offer her the chance to but tickets for a match against either Reading or Aston Villa.  Now she knew that she probably didn't have much chance of getting tickets for a game against Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal but come on, Reading or Aston Villa was hardly what she had in mind for first visit to Anfield.  Based on the information she got from the Ticket Office, there is no other option and she has to take one of these games or nothing at all.  Does anyone have any idea how she could go about getting tickets (legitimately) for a half decent game or is it really going to have to be one of these two exciting prospects.  Being a season ticket holder for my beloved team, I know how difficult it can be for the casual visitor to get to a one-off game but any advice anyone could offer would be much appreciated.
celtic fan

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:11 pm

Well first things first welcome to the forum.

I'm a season ticket holder at anfield but have freinds who are in a similar position for various things. The problem is that the ticket office are refusing you tickets for the big games because they do this thing called the priority ticket scheme. These are for fan card holders (you can order a fan card from the official site.) We do not often have tickets for premiership games that go on general sale. The priority ticket scheme is based on the previous game in the season you have been to, so you will of had to have been to home games earlier in the season to get tickets. I'd say, unfortunately the chances of you getting a ticket for chelsea or manure or arsenal games at anfield mid season is very unlikely unless you buy tickets for the previous games aswell.

I'd say that you can either find someone a few days before the game on here who can't go to the game, otherwise you could be looking at touts. TBH instead of going to a premiership game I would reccommend going to the first european group game at anfield. That is, of course if you apply and get a fancard, if you get a fancard and try to purchase a ticket on the allocated date for fan card holders then you would have a good chance of getting a ticket. Unless the whole ground is sold out to season ticket holders but this is very unlikely. European games at anfield are much better anyway, better atmosphere.

There is more information regarding a fan card here

Hope that helps. I'm sure If I forgot anything someone will fill you in. Good luck.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 21guns » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:58 am

hello lad
21guns

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:46 am

Ive got tickets to see celtic play st mirren next month. doesnt help you but i just wanted to share

:D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Introductions Forum