Hey

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby ethanr » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:32 am

Hey my name is Ethan.

I've been looking to get involved in a Liverpool forum for quite some time now.  Found this one and I like it.

Anything to know about me..?
Favorite player is Stevie G- he's why I'm a Liverpool supporter. I'm from the U.S (don't hold it against me, I hate H&G as much as the next guy) Only been a fan for a few years, but I've never cared about anything in my life like Liverpool.  I've always loved sports, I watched them all.  Until I started supporting Liverpool.  No sports even matter anymore.  Been obsessed with everything football since.

Looking forward to talking with a lot of you guys.
Last edited by ethanr on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:34 am

Welcome to the forum ethan I hope you will enjoy here, just beware of some grumpy posters on here (you know who you are :p) :D
Last edited by metalhead on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:28 am

welcome Ethan

you might want to watch out for the sarcy fuckers as well  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:38 am

Welcome, Ethan, to liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk.

A great forum here!!

And if you want to indulge & emerse yourself even more in Liverpool FC's culture & history, check out .LFC History Website
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:56 pm

Welcome aboard Ethan

Only been a fan for a few years, but I've never cared about anything in my life like Liverpool.  I've always loved sports, I watched them all.  Until I started supporting Liverpool.

Just out of interest can you be more exact on what it was that started you supporting Liverpool ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:46 pm

Get out while you still can !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:04 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Welcome aboard Ethan

Only been a fan for a few years, but I've never cared about anything in my life like Liverpool.  I've always loved sports, I watched them all.  Until I started supporting Liverpool.

Just out of interest can you be more exact on what it was that started you supporting Liverpool ?

Well I've played soccer my whole life.  I've always loved it and really cared about playing it, but I never watched it.  A guy moved here and we became really good friends, and he was a manc.  I started watching with him and the more and more I watched, the more I learned.

I payed particular attention to Stevie G.  I don't know what it was, I just loved his style.  I played center mid and had the same style (obviously I couldn't play anything like him, but I tried)  So since I was always wanting to watch SG, I was always watching Liverpool, rooting for Liverpool and getting :censored: when they drew against bad teams or lost.  I started paying a lot more attention to everybody else instead of just SG.  One thing led to the next- soccer became football- football became Liverpool- Liverpool became my life.

I don't personally know any real Liverpool supporters where I come from.  There is a lot of people who pretend to like football and are all man u fans, but when I tell them to tell me their line-up, the only player they name is Ronaldo ???

So that's basically how I became  Liverpool supporter.
Last edited by ethanr on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ethanr

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:23 pm

aCe' wrote:Get out while you still can !

:laugh: .

Ethan, glad you avoided getting sucked in by the likes of Chelski or Manure.

I don't personally know any real Liverpool supporters where I come from.

We've got a few usa based members in this forum .  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:44 pm

ethanr wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Welcome aboard Ethan

Well I've played soccer my whole life.  I've always loved it and really cared about playing it, but I never watched it.  A guy moved here and we became really good friends, and he was a manc.  I started watching with him and the more and more I watched, the more I learned.

I payed particular attention to Stevie G.  I don't know what it was, I just loved his style.  I played center mid and had the same style (obviously I couldn't play anything like him, but I tried)  So since I was always wanting to watch SG, I was always watching Liverpool, rooting for Liverpool and getting :censored: when they drew against bad teams or lost.  I started paying a lot more attention to everybody else instead of just SG.  One thing led to the next- soccer became football- football became Liverpool- Liverpool became my life.

I don't personally know any real Liverpool supporters where I come from.  There is a lot of people who pretend to like football and are all man u fans, but when I tell them to tell me their line-up, the only player they name is Ronaldo ???

So that's basically how I became  Liverpool player.

Welcome, mate, and I can relate to your story, being from Canada.  As Woof says, we've got a few Yanks on the board who are all good lads.  If you can stomach a little (understandable) anti-Yank sentiment from time to time (nothing to take personally...another bi-product of our septic owners) you'll do fine.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby anti-hero » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:11 pm

welcome bro!

nice to have another US based member on the boards. :)
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:08 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
aCe' wrote:Get out while you still can !

:laugh: .

Ethan, glad you avoided getting sucked in by the likes of Chelski or Manure.

I don't personally know any real Liverpool supporters where I come from.

We've got a few usa based members in this forum .  :)

trust me, I'm glad I didn't either.  My friend and so many guys at school were trying to suck me into manure (never heard that one before and I love it, have to start using that) but there was a physical feeling I had that told me being a manc would be a horrible decision.

Surprisingly there were no chelsea fans at all that I knew of at my entire school.  Now I know of 2, both bandwagon fans who picked them because they will probably be winning league for a few years.

Thanks everybody for the welcome. Can't wait to keep learning.
ethanr

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:16 pm

YANKS OUT !!!!  :D

Welcome aboard Dude  :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:00 pm

ethanr wrote:Well I've played soccer my whole life.  I've always loved it and really cared about playing it, but I never watched it.  A guy moved here and we became really good friends, and he was a manc.  I started watching with him and the more and more I watched, the more I learned.

So that's basically how I became  Liverpool player.

Bloody hell, I have a similar story as well bro! I'm not english, but I started to support Liverpool back in 2001, I was actually in love with Michael Owen ever since his world cup goal in 98 (yes Ironic!), so I started watching him till I officially became a Liverpool supporter 3 years later. My friends were all Mancs, and they started bragging about the 99 treble and that sorts, even tried to convince me to support them (Thank f*ck I have the brains), but Michael Owen lured me to Liverpool and loved the club ever since (although it turned out Owen was a judas). :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Welcome...another yank,just what we need! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:24 pm

Maybe hes good american, not bad, do we know who are democrats and who are republicans?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Introductions Forum