Hello, from u s and a - Intro

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:33 pm

Borat, from Da Ali G Show, would call it U S and A, the title was a reference to the show.
JoeTerp

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:49 am

ok, supporting someone for less than a month is hardly die hard mate, maybe in us and a that will pass for diehard but not here matey.

its good you decide to follow our team and i hope you do learn more about the club and the passion involved, but here are some rules

never ever ever ever refer to it as soccer

never say "liverpool is winning", say "liverpool are winnning"

never call it a uniform, its a kit or just a shirt or top

never say "liverpool won 3 to 1", its just stupid

never ask about overtime, its injury time or extra time

never say "that was a great hit"  its a shot or a blammer if it was hit hard

if someone scores a great goal then its acceptable to say shout to your friends "smell my cheese"

apart from all that happy posting    :D
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:59 pm

peewee wrote:ok, supporting someone for less than a month is hardly die hard mate, maybe in us and a that will pass for diehard but not here matey.

its good you decide to follow our team and i hope you do learn more about the club and the passion involved, but here are some rules

never ever ever ever refer to it as soccer

never call it a uniform, its a kit or just a shirt or top

never say "liverpool won 3 to 1", its just stupid

never ask about overtime, its injury time or extra time

never say "that was a great hit"  its a shot or a blammer if it was hit hard

if someone scores a great goal then its acceptable to say shout to your friends "smell my cheese"

apart from all that happy posting    :D

Peewee i think you scared him off , LMFAO . Smell my cheese. :D
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby james.p » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:24 pm

Welcome..

Liverpool  :bowdown  :bowdown
james.p

Postby Sabre » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:04 pm

Excuse me if I say that, it's a language related mistake, we always treat teams as if they are an entity by themselves, so we'd say is. But I'll use are  :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:23 pm

Sabre wrote:

Excuse me if I say that, it's a language related mistake, we always treat teams as if they are an entity by themselves, so we'd say is. But I'll use are  :)

yes i know mate, its in relation to british english, even though liverpool FC is a singular we refer to them as a plural as they are a collective. the same with company names etc

:grinning:
112-1077774096

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:23 am

I thought it would have been more obvious that the die-hard for a month line was a joke, but I guess poor American humor is no laughing matter on this forum.  I realize I have the same understanding of the club as a three year old Liverpudlian supporter, and everyday I try and catch up by reading about the history and great players, but what would really help is if I could watch a video.  Can anyone
JoeTerp

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:24 am

JoeTerp wrote:I realize I have the same understanding of the club as a three year old Liverpudlian supporter

dont flatter yourself, i have had poo's that have a better knowledge of the mighty LFC than what you have attained

:D
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:27 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I thought it would have been more obvious that the die-hard for a month line was a joke, but I guess poor American humor is no laughing matter on this forum.

On the contrary Joe , I for one am still p;issing myself laughing ..

Just wish your name was Joe Twerp .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:32 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I thought it would have been more obvious that the die-hard for a month line was a joke, but I guess poor American humor is no laughing matter on this forum.

On the contrary Joe , I for one am still p;issing myself laughing ..

Just wish your name was Joe Twerp .

112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:34 am

JoeTerp wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Joe, I am an American college student, and I have been a die-hard LFC fan for almost a month now.  One of my fraternity brothers is from England, and he convinced me to start supporting a Premiership team, because it is where you will find the best fans in the world.  He was right about that, but I told him there was no way I would root for Arsenal, so I read up on all the clubs histories, and none matched Liverpool, so I decided I will bleed Red until I die.  I don't know a lot about the game, and even less about the players, but I have been checking up on this forum everyday for a couple of weeks to try and learn, as well as signing up for lfc.tv so I can watch the games and learn even more about the history of the club.  It might take me a while before I can make any meaningful contribution to a topic, but I am dedicated to learning.  Keep up the excellent posting.

die hard for a month - cue a bruce willis film :D

welcome
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Introductions Forum