Arsenal fan here

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby 80-1144212751 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:17 pm

Ciggy wrote:Welcome to the forum Pirez,

TBH I think the gunners have a great chance of winning it, and if you where to play against AC Milan you will beat them.
The pace in your team would tear them apart, Lyon where very unlucky last night, but they should have converted their chances.
I think you will score maybe 1 tonight and see off Juventus (I dont like them anyway).

A Barca V Arsenal final would be great for the neutral to watch two of the best footballing sides in Europe.

If you win it you have a long way to go before catching us BTW 

Good luck mate, and I still think you will get 4th cause Spurs always bottle a European place, and I fuckin hate Bolton and Fat head Sam.

P.S Views on Henry is he going to stay or will he be leaving in the summer? Its great to have the best footballer in the world in the prem, but not when he plays against us and Gerrard gives him dodgey back passes :;):  :D

Thank you all for your warm welcome,its really touching  :blush:

On henry,Its rumoured Real Madrid want him and we all know not many players can turn their back when real come knoking.
He has not signed a new contract yet but i hope he does a gerrard and stays,and of course winning the champions league will help in persuading him to stay.

I know you all would want to see maureens face when when we parade the cup in london :D
Last edited by 80-1144212751 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
80-1144212751

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:42 pm

Pirez-HenryGoal! wrote:I know you all would want to see maureens face when when we parade the cup in london :D

Not as much as I want to see Wenger's face when you get knocked out.  :p
48-1119859832

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:45 pm

welcome to the forum mate.

i'll admit, when on song, arsenal are by far the best footballing team in britain. some of the football you played against juventus and villa recently was nothing short of breathtaking. i also admire your manager for keeping his philosophy through all the stick he was getting earlier in the season. he said your youngsters would come good and it appears they will.

you'll get to the final without a shadow of a doubt in my opinion but whether you could beat milan or barcelona is a completely different proposition altogether. in a way it's amazing how your season this year is mirroring ours from last season. last season we were hopeless away in the league, were about to go to juve protecting a lead, and there were also doubts about our star player's future. :oops:

just on the game tonight, i think it'll be a cautious affair. if you score early it's goodnight but the longer you keep it 0-0 the more juve will have to commit and the more you can pick them off on the counter attack. if i had to predict i'd go for a 1-1 draw.

as for henry's future, i still think he's gonna leave. if he wants to stay so badly he would already have signed imo. sorry, but that's just the way i feel.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 2520years » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:49 pm

I never used to like Arsenal, because Londoners get everything else their own way, so why should they have footballing success too?  However, I've been won over by the silky way Wenger has got them playing.  They've got some brilliant youngsters and, in Henry, one of the all-time greats.  Wenger gets on everyone's wick with his selective short-sightedness, but you've got to admire the way he gets under Fergie's (and Maureen's) skin.

I hope Arsenal get to the final, play well, but they lose in the last couple of minutes.  After all, that's what they did to us to win the league...
:eyebrow
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:51 pm

I think in case Barcelona goes through , Villareal-Barcelona will be the semifinal, for some reason, I think UEFA tries to avoid finals of same country teams. Villareal has no history, it is a team made up from money, in a town of only 48000 people. But watch out, they're a good team.

I'm not sure Olympique Lyonaisse will be defeated today, either way, Arsenal is going to have a tough semifinal.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:54 pm

Sabre wrote:I think in case Barcelona goes through , Villareal-Barcelona will be the semifinal, for some reason, I think UEFA tries to avoid finals of same country teams. Villareal has no history, it is a team made up from money, in a town of only 48000 people. But watch out, they're a good team.

I'm not sure Olympique Lyonaisse will be defeated today, either way, Arsenal is going to have a tough semifinal.

sabre. lyon lost last night to ac milan, who will now play the winner of barcelona-benfica.

villarreal will play the winner of arsenal-juventus.

:)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 80-1144212751 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:41 pm

stmichael wrote:welcome to the forum mate.

i'll admit, when on song, arsenal are by far the best footballing team in britain. some of the football you played against juventus and villa recently was nothing short of breathtaking. i also admire your manager for keeping his philosophy through all the stick he was getting earlier in the season. he said your youngsters would come good and it appears they will.

you'll get to the final without a shadow of a doubt in my opinion but whether you could beat milan or barcelona is a completely different proposition altogether. in a way it's amazing how your season this year is mirroring ours from last season. last season we were hopeless away in the league, were about to go to juve protecting a lead, and there were also doubts about our star player's future. :oops:

just on the game tonight, i think it'll be a cautious affair. if you score early it's goodnight but the longer you keep it 0-0 the more juve will have to commit and the more you can pick them off on the counter attack. if i had to predict i'd go for a 1-1 draw.

as for henry's future, i still think he's gonna leave. if he wants to stay so badly he would already have signed imo. sorry, but that's just the way i feel.

Thanx for the warm wellcome mate.

Yes,our current season very much mirrors yours last season with everton beating you for fourth place and we battling with spurs for that fourth place.
Then there is the issue of henry being rumoured to be leaving as was gerrard.

But the similarities end there,for you werent scoring as much goals as we are at the moment in the prem.
And our players have tasted winning the premiership with the champions league being the only trophy our manager hasnt brought in.

So i hope we win the CL in style,something like beating the current favorites barca 3-0(just a wish) in a game that will be talked about for years just like your win last season.
80-1144212751

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:47 pm

Pirez-HenryGoal! wrote:And our players have tasted winning the premiership with the champions league being the only trophy our manager hasnt brought in.

Wenger hasn't won the Carling Cup, he hasn't won the UEFA Cup, hasn't won the Club World Championship, he hasn't bought in the European Super Cup and he hasn't won the Champions League.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby H_K_LFC » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:47 pm

I'd rather another european club win it rather than any other British club apart from Liverpool.Saying that i don't think Arsenal will win the champions league and if they don't Henry will be off.Then we'll see the true Arsenal and i think yous will find it hard to finish in the top 6 if he goes
Last edited by H_K_LFC on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:52 pm

I'd imagine Henry would leave regardless if they won the Champions League or not, just winning the Champions League would be a very good send off. As someone said on here in another topic, if he wanted to be at Arsenal as much as Arsenal fans say he would then he would of signed a new deal a while back. This has elements of the Owen fiasco a few seasons ago.

I'd imagine they'd lose a fair bit of money for Henry if he does decide to up & leave. As he dawning into the last year or so of his contract with Arsenal.
48-1119859832

Postby 80-1144212751 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:59 pm

0asis wrote:
Pirez-HenryGoal! wrote:And our players have tasted winning the premiership with the champions league being the only trophy our manager hasnt brought in.

Wenger hasn't won the Carling Cup, he hasn't won the UEFA Cup, hasn't won the Club World Championship, he hasn't bought in the European Super Cup and he hasn't won the Champions League.

The champions league is the only trophy left worth winning.

erm,the others we usually let the small clubs have a field day with them as we're not interested :)
80-1144212751

Postby 80-1144212751 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:07 pm

H_K_LFC wrote:I'd rather another european club win it rather than any other British club apart from Liverpool.Saying that i don't think Arsenal will win the champions league and if they don't Henry will be off.Then we'll see the true Arsenal and i think yous will find it hard to finish in the top 6 if he goes

why would you rather another european club win it?rather unpatriotic considering i was one of the many people from london who were supporting you guys against juve and milan.
Even some spurs mates of mine were supporting you
80-1144212751

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:10 pm

would u support spurs if they were in the final?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:10 pm

I must be in the very small minority that have respect for all trophies, not just the ones that hold the most creditibility. You say that the other trophies that I've mentioned aren't worth winning that's what you say now but once you have a chance to win them it becomes a very different ball game.

It's the purest form of hypocrisy in football committed by the majority of football fans in the world.

:no
48-1119859832

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:10 pm

just a question mate, how do you feel about your team fielding no english players? yes i know cole and campbell are injured but it seems to me that wenger lets the majority of young english players at arsenal go. with the likes of bergkamp, pires and ljungberg getting on now, you can't seriously tell me that the likes of pennant and bentley were not good enough to make a career at arsenal?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions Forum