A Belated Introduction.

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby andy c legs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to properly introduce myself to you all, after I have posted a couple of replies to excellent threads i have had the pleasure of reading in the last two weeks.

From 1986 - 2009, I was very lucky enough to have seen the reds play and actually have a Kop Season ticket. It was a fantastic time and nothing has beat going to see the reds yet and seeing them in the flesh, right in front of my eyes. The plus point- of course was being right in amongst the best football fans from all walks of life. I've made real friends for life because of LFC - another bonus.

Though I don't go to matches anymore, though I definately intend to again some time sooner rather than later, I follow the reds avidly, devouring any news on them. I like to write about them too and have always done so since I was a kid, though have never tried to get anything published. Last season I decided to try and write my own match reports on every game I saw on tv or heard on the radio and was so glad I took time out to do it. I have carried on this trend for the games this season. I used to even do this whilst being on the old standing Kop itself and try and make some sense of my scribbled notes. I did this because I wanted to try and remember every possible detail of games, which we all know goes as fast as the flick of a thumb.

I also collect Match Reports and have got over 100 Scrapbooks full of them dating back to 1980. I've always bought as many books as I can on the reds and must have about 100 plus of them and I've always got my eye on one - like Dave E Usher's 'We Go Again' , I'm excited at the prospect of getting that (It'll be my treat to myself as it's my birthday soon).

I have got views on the reds and I'm so glad that I have been able to join this site, even though I live in Pontypool, it has made me closer to not only the team which I love to pieces but also  close to other fans who obviously care as passionately about OUR team as myself.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Andy.
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:07 am

Welcome aboard Andy, enjoy the forum   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:31 am

Welcome Andy, look forward to your knowledgeable views.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Welcome to the forum mate
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:14 pm

Hey Andy
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby fivecups » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:23 pm

Great introduction, I would appreciate if you would consider publishing the match reports on this site as we go forward. Cheers.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:53 pm

Thanks for all the responses everyone, they really mean a lot to me.

As regards 'fivecups' suggestion of me publishing my attempts at match reports, on the forum, I'd very much like to.  I'd really like to know how to 'paste' them onto this forum so as whoever wanted to read them could. Can anyone let me know how to do this?? Or I could maybe send them direct to 'The Webmaster' of our forum?? Or I could type one up from my current file which they are located in, which spans from Jan 1st to the end of the Blackburn game? or I could send them to 'fivecups' direct??  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:48 pm

andy c legs » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:53 pm wrote:Thanks for all the responses everyone, they really mean a lot to me.

As regards 'fivecups' suggestion of me publishing my attempts at match reports, on the forum, I'd very much like to.  I'd really like to know how to 'paste' them onto this forum so as whoever wanted to read them could. Can anyone let me know how to do this?? Or I could maybe send them direct to 'The Webmaster' of our forum?? Or I could type one up from my current file which they are located in, which spans from Jan 1st to the end of the Blackburn game? or I could send them to 'fivecups' direct??  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Should be easy enough to start a topic and paste them in. If your having any difficulty I'm happy to help. There should be some good guidance in the help sections of the forum.

Cheers Andy.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:06 pm

fivecups » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:23 pm wrote:Great introduction, I would appreciate if you would consider publishing the match reports on this site as we go forward. Cheers.

I was about to echo the same sentiments.....although in this day and age you should really monetize it  :grinning:

Welcome aboard
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:09 pm

fivecups » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:48 pm wrote:
andy c legs » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:53 pm wrote:Thanks for all the responses everyone, they really mean a lot to me.

Should be easy enough to start a topic and paste them in. If your having any difficulty I'm happy to help. There should be some good guidance in the help sections of the forum.

Cheers Andy.

That does require you to type them all up though....if you've got stuff going back 35 yrs, I doubt you're looking to do that.....perhaps scan them in and upload a jpeg?
Homebooby

Postby andy c legs » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi guys,

In response to your request I've just posted my Blackburn report. I typed it in after running a copy off my printer. Still not sure how to send it through my laptop to you as Homebody suggested through a jpeg as not sure what a jpeg is. I'm not yet up to date on pc language - still getting my head around English!!
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:14 am

What format are these reports already in Andy? If MS Word then obviously its a straight copy/paste into the New Thread option or added to an existing match thread. If its in pdf, then if you can't copy/paste you can convert to Word fairly easily these days. If it's handwritten you'd need to have a high quality scanner programme at work. Better to read it to a willing typist rather than try and type it out yourself, I find it's at least twice as fast. Failing all that, you're in dicky's meadow mate.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:07 pm

[url]
Reg wrote:What format are these reports already in Andy? If MS Word then obviously its a straight copy/paste into the New Thread option or added to an existing match thread. If its in pdf, then if you can't copy/paste you can convert to Word fairly easily these days. If it's handwritten you'd need to have a high quality scanner programme at work. Better to read it to a willing typist rather than try and type it out yourself, I find it's at least twice as fast. Failing all that, you're in dicky's meadow mate.
[/url]

Thanks for your advice mate.

My reports are in Microsoft Word format (.docx) but when I've tried to upload them (by experimenting with the URL box??) I still am unable to.. Perhaps I just need a blow-by-blow account of how to do achieve that goal?? . I've written lots of material and again love to put it onto this Forum.. :)

Again, any advice would be very much  appreciated. :;):
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:52 pm

andy c legs » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:07 pm wrote:[url]
Reg wrote:What format are these reports already in Andy? If MS Word then obviously its a straight copy/paste into the New Thread option or added to an existing match thread. If its in pdf, then if you can't copy/paste you can convert to Word fairly easily these days. If it's handwritten you'd need to have a high quality scanner programme at work. Better to read it to a willing typist rather than try and type it out yourself, I find it's at least twice as fast. Failing all that, you're in dicky's meadow mate.
[/url]

My reports are in Microsoft Word format (.docx) but when I've tried to upload them (by experimenting with the URL box??) I still am unable to.. Perhaps I just need a blow-by-blow account of how to do achieve that goal?? . I've written lots of material and again love to put it onto this Forum.. :)

Hey mate, I haven't been on the forum for a few days so I've just seen two of your reports (enjoyed reading them), so did you figure out how to put them on the forum or did you just typed it all? There's no need to type them here if you have them all on Word, all you need to do is copy-paste. If you don't know how to copy-paste, I'll tell you.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby andy c legs » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:35 am

damjan193 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:52 pm wrote:
andy c legs » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:07 pm wrote:[url]
[/url]

Hey mate, I haven't been on the forum for a few days so I've just seen two of your reports (enjoyed reading them), so did you figure out how to put them on the forum or did you just typed it all? There's no need to type them here if you have them all on Word, all you need to do is copy-paste. If you don't know how to copy-paste, I'll tell you.

Thanks fella for your kind words.

I asked a clued up lad in work and hey presto - what he told me worked!  Im glad you enjoyed reading what I've written. I've got a few more pieces on the reds and can put them in a file on the forum in future if anyone would like to read more? :;):

Also like to say how much again I'm enjoying exploring the forum and the past post's like the one on Paddy Berger - I loved him!! He scored 35 goals - yes, all of them were net ripping screamers!!!
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Next

Return to Introductions Forum