Russell brand makes donation to hfsg

Hillsborough remembrance and related information

Postby stmichael » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:38 am

Fair play to the bloke, whether you're a fan of him or not.

Russell Brand makes 'generous' donation to Hillsborough Family Support Group

COMEDIAN Russell Brand has made a “generous” donation to families who lost loved ones at the Hillsborough disaster.

The entertainer decided to make a contribution to the Hillsborough Family Support Group (HFSG) after watching spokeswoman Margaret Aspinall speak at the 21st anniversary memorial service at Anfield.

Brand met Mrs Aspinall recently when he attended his book signing at Waterstones, in Bold Street.

The West Ham fan has phoned the mum, who lost her son James, 18, on the Leppings Lane terrace, on two occasions, once when he was in Memphis, Tennessee.

Today, Mrs Aspinall told the ECHO: “It really came out of the blue. He sent me a letter, which was lovely, and said he would like to meet me.

“He mentioned the group on a Billy Butler radio interview and said he had watched me speak and it was very moving.

“He said he loves Liverpool and thinks the work we are doing is very good. It was very nice of him – he did not have to do it.

“I will not disclose how much he gave us, but it was a generous donation. I met him upstairs at Waterstones and he signed his book for me.”

Yesterday, it was also revealed how £660,000 was made available to the independent Hillsborough committee.

In Parliament, sports secretary Jeremy Hunt, who recently caused controversy after wrongly linking the tragedy to hooliganism, announced the cash boost.

The panel brought in to study the previously undisclosed files on the 1989 disaster are currently examining the once-hidden documents. They are likely to be made public some time in 2012.

Concerns the group’s work might be downscaled with a new government at the helm have been quashed after home secretary Theresa May gave her full backing to the project.

[url=http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/10/19/russell-brand-makes-generous-donation-to-hillsborough-family-support-group-100252-27500737
/]http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....7500737[/url]
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Fair play indeed
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Only just seen this, that was a good thing to do.

Very decent of him.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Greavesie » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:34 pm

Hats off to the guy, personally I think he's a tw@t but he's starting to win me over :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby anti-hero » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:33 pm

Good man.

anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:38 pm

I Once knew Russell Brand, well in truth he lived in the house that backed onto my ex's, he was a drunk and a drug head at the time, he would sort of stalk my ex every time she come home he would pop up from some were lol (lol dont think he was stalking her by the way but it felt like it at the time ,well she was good looking and it was very clear he liked her) i once told him to f off when he could not take his eyes off her. a few days later he was sitting on the wall out of his head and made some sound as she walked passed. i know her dad did not go much on him and once said he would kill himself in a year, and i hated the guy.

but

i am now a big fan of his, not due to what his fame has done but how he has turned his life around, hats off to him. not sure if he would know me now but a few years ago i did once again bump into him in grays near his old home and he sort of ganve me a look as if he remember me, i was going to say something but felt that he would just think i was a fan. now due to the work i do with drugs and them that can not get off them, i have said to myself that if i ever do see him again (dont think it will happen) i would say something to him about how strong he must have been to do what he did and that others that have his problem that he got over can take a lot from him.

its very nice he has done what he has and if he ever gets to read this all i will say is " Sarah by the fire station"
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:07 am

Nice thing to do. Your still a kn0bhead though
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby kawaton » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:57 pm

lakes10 wrote:I Once knew Russell Brand, well in truth he lived in the house that backed onto my ex's, he was a drunk and a drug head at the time, he would sort of stalk my ex every time she come home he would pop up from some were lol (lol dont think he was stalking her by the way but it felt like it at the time ,well she was good looking and it was very clear he liked her) i once told him to f off when he could not take his eyes off her. a few days later he was sitting on the wall out of his head and made some sound as she walked passed. i know her dad did not go much on him and once said he would kill himself in a year, and i hated the guy.

but

i am now a big fan of his, not due to what his fame has done but how he has turned his life around, hats off to him. not sure if he would know me now but a few years ago i did once again bump into him in grays near his old home and he sort of ganve me a look as if he remember me, i was going to say something but felt that he would just think i was a fan. now due to the work i do with drugs and them that can not get off them, i have said to myself that if i ever do see him again (dont think it will happen) i would say something to him about how strong he must have been to do what he did and that others that have his problem that he got over can take a lot from him.

its very nice he has done what he has and if he ever gets to read this all i will say is " Sarah by the fire station"

To think your mrs was knobbing Russell Brand.....
kawaton

Return to Hillsborough