Redboywonder 1000th post - On liverpoolfc.tv

Hillsborough remembrance and related information

Postby Rafa D » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:45 pm

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/Forum11/HTML/000041.html

Author Topic: My 1000th post: Dedicated to Adam
RedBoywonder
Kopite
posted 27 January 2002 12:44 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been thinking for the last week or so, trying to come up with a suitable topic for my 1000th post.
Shall I write a tribute to a great player, manager or shall I write about my early Anfield experiences?
So many great memories to choose from, such a hard choice!

In the end I didn't choose any of those, Instead I want to tell you about a Boy I once knew & his name was Adam.

Adam was in the year below me in our school & like most of the lads then & now he was well into his football.

Adam was a loyal red & we'd have some crackin discussions about how Barnes Beardsley & co had played the game before, when inevitably Liverpool would have played another bunch of no-marks off the pitch again.

Adam was a tidy little footballer himself, a tricky Midfielder in the mould of Ray Houghton, whenever our under 15 side was looking for a bit of inspiration we'd look for Adam to create a bit of magic, & more often than not he would come up with the goods!

Adam was a down to earth lad & I will always remember when we were in the semi final of a cup competition, for our under fifteen side at halftime we were 1-0 down & I'd been having a 'mare' in the first half, He came up to me in the changing room & instead of having a go, just said "Come on mate, lets go out there & win this game".
We went out & played the game of our lives & by the final whistle we had turned it round and progressed to the final with a great 3-2 win!
Unfortunately we got beat in the final two weeks later, but what he said to me at half time in the semi has always stayed with me.

Our under fifteen cup run had coincided with Liverpool reaching the semi of the FA cup & I remember his face when, in training one day he was telling the lads how his dad Eddie, had got them two tickets for the semi vs Forest.
I remember saying to him "you jammy b,stard I wish I was going".
He just gave me one of those looks, the kind that says it all without any words needed, I could see in his eyes how much it meant to him & how excited he was.

Adam died on the 15th of April 1989 at that football match.

So Adam Spearit, I dedicate my 1000th post to you mate.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:46 pm

Touching :(
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:47 pm

RIP Adam
Pedro Maradona

Return to Hillsborough