I need to know

Hillsborough remembrance and related information

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:55 am

I really do not know what happend because I was way too young at the time, I wasn't even a fan of Liverpool then, could somebody please tell me exactly what happened.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:33 am

go to the hillsborough justice campaign site, www.contrast.org/hillsborough, that has a lot of info, it is a very sad and distressing thing my freind, be ready.

Basically wht happened is 96 Liverpool fans dies needlessy, crushed by overcrowding in the satnds, caused by lack of police control and police negligence.

JFT96. YNWA.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:45 am

Yes it is very sad, I've just read about it. A tragedy indeed, never should be forgotten.

YNWA
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:32 am

good to see that you are intereted and educating yourself about it. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:17 pm

I did quite a lot of reading and what a horrible day it was. May all those who died on that day rest in piece.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:00 pm

Dont take any notice of the Hustlers version of events of what happened that day.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:02 pm

madred wrote:Dont take any notice of the Hustlers version of events of what happened that day.

I won't, I was disgusted by what he said. What an idiot.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:12 pm

A.B. wrote:
madred wrote:Dont take any notice of the Hustlers version of events of what happened that day.

HEAR HEAR.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:39 am

My understanding is that people want justice, which to them means the truth and accounatbility to those who made the wrong decisions.

I'm not sure of the dynamics and why they can't be given such a simple thing (I accept to get to it is not simple in itself) but its not complicated to tell the truth?

Why hasn't it been achieved and then the families can hopefully move on.

Is this a naive question?
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:09 pm

ive got a video of it but it will cause u too much heartache to watch it: :(
Last edited by the great one on Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby twigg » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:48 pm

John Barnes writing of the aftermath...

We watched the television for an hour in silence. Many in the lounge were crying. Each of the players wondered whether he knew anyone who could have been in that terrible cage. I had only been at Liverpool for two years and knew hardly any of the fans. It was far worse for the local players like John Aldridge and Steve McMahon. Aldo was very agitated. He was desperately trying to make phone-calls. Eventually, we got on the coach, each player sitting next to his wife, holding hands, still numb and speechless. Everyone drank heavily all the way back to Liverpool. I got completely smashed on brandy. People wept all the way home. All the wives were crying. I was crying. Kenny was crying. Bruce said he was considering quitting. Although I never thought about giving up football despite being filled with guilt afterwards, I understood what Bruce meant. Those Liverpool fans went to Hillsborough to watch us and there we were, stepping on to a luxury coach to go home, and there were being laid out in a temporary morgue. As we travelled back across the Pennines, their mums and dads were making the reverse journey to come and identify their children's bodies. Guilt swirled around my head. Had I been out there on the pitch, and not back in the dressing-room, I would have helped. I know I would have done. I would have done anything, ripped out hoardings to carry the injured to the ambulances, talked to the dying, willed them to live, argued with the police to move faster. Anyone would have helped if they could. I've still not watched that television docu-drama on Hillsborough. I taped it and it sits in a box on the shelf but I still cannot bring myself to watch it. Suzy feels the same.
"To live and move among men the heart must break or harden." - Sebastian Chamfort

Check out LARiotSquad.net
twigg

Postby Dom1 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:53 pm

A.B. wrote:

what did he say?
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:54 pm

Dom1 wrote:
A.B. wrote:

what did he say?

he basically blamed hillsbrough on fans who tried to get in without tickets. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby addicted norwegian » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:48 pm

twigg wrote:John Barnes writing of the aftermath...

We watched the television for an hour in silence. Many in the lounge were crying. Each of the players wondered whether he knew anyone who could have been in that terrible cage. I had only been at Liverpool for two years and knew hardly any of the fans. It was far worse for the local players like John Aldridge and Steve McMahon. Aldo was very agitated. He was desperately trying to make phone-calls. Eventually, we got on the coach, each player sitting next to his wife, holding hands, still numb and speechless. Everyone drank heavily all the way back to Liverpool. I got completely smashed on brandy. People wept all the way home. All the wives were crying. I was crying. Kenny was crying. Bruce said he was considering quitting. Although I never thought about giving up football despite being filled with guilt afterwards, I understood what Bruce meant. Those Liverpool fans went to Hillsborough to watch us and there we were, stepping on to a luxury coach to go home, and there were being laid out in a temporary morgue. As we travelled back across the Pennines, their mums and dads were making the reverse journey to come and identify their children's bodies. Guilt swirled around my head. Had I been out there on the pitch, and not back in the dressing-room, I would have helped. I know I would have done. I would have done anything, ripped out hoardings to carry the injured to the ambulances, talked to the dying, willed them to live, argued with the police to move faster. Anyone would have helped if they could. I've still not watched that television docu-drama on Hillsborough. I taped it and it sits in a box on the shelf but I still cannot bring myself to watch it. Suzy feels the same.

I don`t consider myself as very sentimental, but stories like this one still makes me numb.

R.I.P.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:28 pm

stmichael wrote:
Dom1 wrote:
A.B. wrote:

what did he say?

he basically blamed hillsbrough on fans who tried to get in without tickets. :angry:

I take it he's f*cked off from our forum? I hope so anyway.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Hillsborough