Wayne rooney arrested

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:53 pm

Sky sources understand Wayne Rooney's father has been arrested as part of an investigation into suspicious betting activity.

Wayne Rooney senior, 48, was detained at his home in the West Derby area of Liverpool by Merseyside Police in a joint operation with the Gambling Commission.

The investigation relates to a match between Motherwell and Hearts on December 14 last year, Merseyside Police said.

Also arrested at his Glasgow home was Motherwell midfielder Steve Jennings as part of the probe into suspicious gambling patterns in the SPL fixture.

Jennings, who denies any wrongdoing, was sent off late in the game for directing foul and abusive language at the referee as his side lost 2-1.

Interviewed

A statement from Merseyside Police said: "Detectives have today executed warrants at 10 addresses across Merseyside and Glasgow and arrested nine men as part of an investigation into suspicious betting activity.

"The arrests are the culmination of a joint operation with the Gambling Commission and the nine who have been arrested for conspiracy to defraud are being interviewed by detectives.

"Those arrested are a 29-year-old from Bootle, a 48-year-old from West Derby, a 54-year-old from Norris Green, a 26-year-old from Croxteth, a 22-year-old from Kirkdale, a 31-year-old from Litherland, a 68-year-old from Fazakerley, a 36-year-old from Kirkby and a 26-year-old from Glasgow.

"The investigation relates to a match between Motherwell and Hearts on December 14 2010."

It is also understood that Manchester United star Rooney's uncle Richie, 54, was also detained. All the suspects are being held for questioning at police stations across Merseyside.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:52 pm

I know we all like to pick fun at Wayne Rooney, but it can not be nice for him to know his dad and other family members have done something like this, talk about being let down by them.

the stick he is now going to get by us fans is going to be hard to take.
I for one have had a great time seeing the type of football he is playing this year and i hope it dont get in the way of that.

on another note it could not come at a better time for us as we face man u soon lol.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 pm

do us a favour lakesy, mate. stick to the spider stories will ya? :;):

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:38 pm

andy_g wrote:do us a favour lakesy, mate. stick to the spider stories will ya? :;):

pmsl

sorry mate but i love seeing great football, and it pains me to say it but right now thats what he is playing.

Even Kenny says that lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:24 am

Once a binman, always a binman.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:03 am

lakes10 wrote:I for one have had a great time seeing the type of football he is playing this year and i hope it dont get in the way of that.

Closet Manc  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:13 am

lakes10 wrote:I for one have had a great time seeing the type of football he is playing this year and i hope it dont get in the way of that.

???  :upside:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Apparently Wayne Rooney is gutted about being sent off in the 32nd minute in tonights match for England!! His Dad is made up!! :p
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby lakes10 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:56 pm

laza wrote:

:D  thats great.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:58 pm

jacdaniel wrote:

Closet Manc  :D

lol no mate, just like good football............dont get me wrong i cant stand the guy, but the football he is playing this year is great to see.

1/10 that he gets sent off in the liverpool game lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:55 pm

yeah Rooneys Dad has commented that he hopes it doesn't distract tonights 1 - 1 draw in anyway
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Roger Red Hat wrote:yeah Rooneys Dad has commented that he hopes it doesn't distract tonights 1 - 1 draw in anyway

pmsl  :D
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:16 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Apparently Wayne Rooney is gutted about being sent off in the 32nd minute in tonights match for England!! His Dad is made up!! :p

only 41 minutes off :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to General Chat Forum