The liverbird - Different designs

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Greavesie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:36 pm

right here's the crack. I'm thinking about getting a tattoo on my leg. I want a Liverbird but I don't really want the one on the badge (bit too cliche if you know what I mean, as beautiful as she is). I want something a bit more unique. Something that looks a bit aggressive as well. Does anyone have any decent ideas knocking about? I know this is probably more ER territory but he hasn't posted in ages

Any feedback would be appreciated
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:00 am

Tatoos are horrid. I can never understand why people waste so much money on "body art". My brothers got a few of his kids names. I had to ask why? is in case he forgets? Totally pointless.

Well thats my whinge out of the way. :D

I cant really see why you just dont go with the original bird tat. Your safe with that one, looks classy on its own.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:14 am

my mate at work has the original one on his wrist and it does look pretty cool. Dunno why I want one, somethings just clicked thats made me think about it. At least its something I wouldn't regret :D

just think I should see a few ideas before I go launching myself in thats all
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:44 am

I have been thinking the same thing.. Not sure what to get tho.  I honestly think you should get the original Liverbird.  If you want a Liverbird, get the real one.  I don't like it too much when people get different ones, sometimes you can't even perfect tell.

Get the real bird, show your passion with the real Liverbird.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:46 am

Tattoos are cheap. End of.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:22 am

no they're not, i've spent hundreds on mine!

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:17 am

Hey up Greavsie

this bloke has an 'aggressive' liverbird

but ya cant beat the real thing, the proper LFC liverbird...

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:20 pm

some other decent ones I found just doing a google search...

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Lee J wrote:Hey up Greavsie

That's emerald reds design of here . He would be the man to sort you a design out greavsie if you asked nicely. He is one talented artist.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:02 pm

That's a good one Lee, is that the one Emerald Red made? Got turned into a banner an all that. I was looking at getting one done too funnily enough, but never got round to it. I looked around the net and most seem to have the traditional design as on the crest.

Best thing to do Greavsie mate is probably take a few designs down to the place where you plan to get it done, have a consultation meeting and let the artist come up with something unique based on what you have given him. That's probably what im going to do, just haven't got round to it yet. I think when I get mine i'll get the 5 starts incorporated somehow either in a ring or line.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:30 pm

get them in a line, it'll be easier to add the 6th and 7th ones.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Lee J wrote:Hey up Greavsie

That's emerald reds design of here . He would be the man to sort you a design out greavsie if you asked nicely. He is one talented artist.

That's actually "Kitster's" design from RAWK. You'll remember that we had that put on the giant Kop surfer that hasn't been seen in some years now.

I've not a few individual basic designs knocking about on my hard drive somewhere, and some on Google images. It's Google images, and f*ckers on eBay and other places, are the reason why I don't really post many of them up anymore. And if I do, it's only basic designs, but still the basic ones are still being knicked for other people's personal profit when I'm making f*ck all on it myself.

The thing is about these kinds of artwork is that there are a lot of people like Greavsie that are looking for something original and unique. A lot of people just don't want the official bird because too many people have it. Once an original design of the bird gets out there, there will be people that will jump all over it, especially tattooist that are too lazy to design their own. I'm designing a samurai tatt for a mate currently, and he says the fella that is doing it for him buys designs off artists instead of designing them himself, which is odd because I've seen some of his work and it's top notch. If the idea is a sellable one, then I suppose that's the reason, and a Liverbird with a difference is sellable.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if I intentionally put a piece of work out there for people to enjoy, which I will do again. It's just the f*ckers that take that work and slap it on shirts and posters and sell it as their own without permission that bust my balls. If someone asks me could they use it for a tattoo, then I consider that as a bit of an honour that they'd use my art to put on their skin. If I'm asked to design a banner, surfer, or waver, then that's equally so because it does nothing buy embellish the image of the club and the fans.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:11 pm

Emerald would be good if you could share an of those new designs with me, im looking to get a tattoo myself. Promise I won'tturn it into a keyring or poster. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:48 pm

bavlondon wrote:Emerald would be good if you could share an of those new designs with me, im looking to get a tattoo myself. Promise I won'tturn it into a keyring or poster. :D

Thing is, it depends on a few things whenever you're getting a tattoo. For the artist designing it, it makes it easier to know where on the body you want it and what size. Most people don't give a sh*t so long as it looks decent, and a tattooist doesn't care so long as he's getting the money, but I just think certain types of tattoos should be specific to certain parts of the body. I've seen the image of the head of the bird below on someone's lower leg, and it just didn't look right at all, whereas a fella got the entire image (stars and all) all the way across his back, and it looked great because those stars and the "YNWA" gave the image a more balanced composition and made it look more iconic. Depends what you're after, Bav, really. I've a few dozen different designs made from the same sketch of the bird you see below. I've also got one of the bird in an outline that looks like the famous iconic Che Guevara image with the bird sporting a berrett with five stars on it and matching goatee beard. That would look brilliant on a T-shirt as a parody, I reckon.

Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Most people don't give a sh*t so long as it looks decent, and a tattooist doesn't care so long as he's getting the money, but I just think certain types of tattoos should be specific to certain parts of the body.

i agree with you about a tattoo being matched to a particular part of the body, but not the bit about the tattoo artist. as tattoos have become a bit more main stream and a bit more of an accepted artform there is a lot of competition and a lot of talent out there. so if the artist isn't prepared to offer you advice on what to have (based on your own ideas) and where to have it then you should go and look for another one. good tattoos aren't cheap and its all too easy to get it wrong. the best advice i can give anyone about tattoos is to be patient. find the right artist, the right design and the right place - it'll be with you for the rest of your life so don't cut corners.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum