The computer games thread - 56K Modem Warning/Image heavy

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:06 am

JBG wrote:No, its a FPS like Half Life 2.

Its mint. :cool:

Out of all Valve games, the Counter Strike related games (1.6 and Source) are by far the best and most addictive. Half Life games are average, don't really like it. Day of Defeat is pretty average too.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:12 am

Think that retro games mag your talking about is actually called............  Retro gamer!
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:43 am

After playing on my SNES, my mates Mega Drive and Emulators on my Mac and starting to really lose enthusiasm for the new style of games, fair enough the new driving/sports games are LOADS better than the old 8 or 16 bit ones but you just don't get any good 2d platform games anymore, I just think that games are going in the wrong direction, it's all about experience and not about gameplay and I just wish games developer would make updated old style games.

:(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:13 am

Paul C wrote:After playing on my SNES, my mates Mega Drive and Emulators on my Mac and starting to really lose enthusiasm for the new style of games, fair enough the new driving/sports games are LOADS better than the old 8 or 16 bit ones but you just don't get any good 2d platform games anymore, I just think that games are going in the wrong direction, it's all about experience and not about gameplay and I just wish games developer would make updated old style games.

Get a Nintendo mate. It may not be 2D, but the gameplay is tip-top.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:53 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
JBG wrote:No, its a FPS like Half Life 2.

Its mint. :cool:

Out of all Valve games, the Counter Strike related games (1.6 and Source) are by far the best and most addictive. Half Life games are average, don't really like it. Day of Defeat is pretty average too.

Couldnt agree more about Counter Strike Militia, too damn addictive!!! made worse by the fact that I am not that good, and always near the bottom of the leaderboards  :(    :D

Anyone played Battlefield 2 yet!!!
That game looks amazing (even though there is a lack of blood, so a little lost on realism there!) but my laptop, wont be able to handle the specs for the game, so I cant play it, yet!  Hope to get a powerful desktop nearer to Christmas hopefully!
76-1115222408

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:34 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:
Paul C wrote:After playing on my SNES, my mates Mega Drive and Emulators on my Mac and starting to really lose enthusiasm for the new style of games, fair enough the new driving/sports games are LOADS better than the old 8 or 16 bit ones but you just don't get any good 2d platform games anymore, I just think that games are going in the wrong direction, it's all about experience and not about gameplay and I just wish games developer would make updated old style games.

Get a Nintendo mate. It may not be 2D, but the gameplay is tip-top.

I've just bought a SNES, I had a Gamecube but got bored of it and sold it for an Xbox, hopefully getting an N64 off my sis for free too.

Just updated my PSP to firmware version 2.00, I can now surf the internet wireless on my PSP, oh it's soooo good  :cool:
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chrissy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:50 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:GTA San Andreas anyone? Counter Strike anyone? FIFA 05 anyone?

Ive got GTA San andreas and Fifa 2005 both on ps2

Fifa streeet is a FANTASTIC game
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:21 am

Piewhack wrote:Think that retro games mag your talking about is actually called............  Retro gamer!

Is it any good then? Worth buying??
76-1115222408

Postby Piewhack » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:38 am

Dunno mate, i've never bought it myself.
I guess if you love the old stuff then it's worth a gander... it comes with a dvd each month with old games on it.. but i guess  you can always get those games in seconds on the internet anyway.
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:10 pm

What's everyone's favorite counterstrike map?

I like Dust.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:06 pm

Never played counterstrike, what is it? ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:08 pm

Paul C wrote:Never played counterstrike, what is it? ???

Its an online team based shoot em up, usually terrorists v. counter terrorist in urban maps.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:45 pm

If anyone played and liked Dawn Of War on the PC, I've just seen the trailor for the add on, Winter Strike (or something like that) and it looks pretty funking cool. You get to be the Imperial Guard this time. They're kinda wimpy, no match for Space Marines, but they do make excellent Cannon Fodder...

... Cannon Fodder. Excuse me, I'm off to dust down my Megadrive and fill a hillside with crosses. :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:03 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:If anyone played and liked Dawn Of War on the PC, I've just seen the trailor for the add on, Winter Strike (or something like that) and it looks pretty funking cool. You get to be the Imperial Guard this time. They're kinda wimpy, no match for Space Marines, but they do make excellent Cannon Fodder...

... Cannon Fodder. Excuse me, I'm off to dust down my Megadrive and fill a hillside with crosses. :D

If you like RTS games like Dawn of War, a new Star Wars one is not far off called Empire at War. Visit here for a cracking video clip...

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/downloa....id=1629

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:49 pm

skipper wrote:What's everyone's favorite counterstrike map?

I like Dust.

Dust 2 or Havana!!!

Also have you played the courthouse map??  Very small map and just an all out fire fest....I like that one sometimes when less stealth is needed!!

Found a server the other day that gives you options on which suit you want to wear ie;

Terrorists
1. Standard suit
2. Ninja style suit
3. Russian Style suit

Counter-Terrorists
1. Standard suit
2. Desert Rat suit (best for maps such as dust/dust 2 as much easier to blend with the environment!
76-1115222408

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum