Why was it called a spoggy? ???

Thats a new one never heard that before/

My kids do my head in when i tell them something they say

Dont lie= really
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:55 pm

I thought spoggy was a well known one ! we used it at school during the 80's, "Oyy giz a spoggy !" :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:30 am

never heard spoggy

scrap/barney = fight

knock a door dash...anyone else used to play that?
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:43 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:never heard spoggy

scrap/barney = fight

Well, I googled it to make sure it wasnt just me but it would appear its a lincolnshire doo dah !

Lincolnshire Slang

Surely Bommy is a regular amongst you folk !?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:44 am

Knock door run? where you knock on some strangers door then leg it !
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:57 am

nowadays they knock on your door then stay and kick fk out of ya, while some 15 year old lass films it on her moby
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:02 am

JBG wrote:TBPH = a nervous tick of BigMick's found in every second sentence he posts. :D

:laugh: Sorry mate I do use that, no wonder I do peoples head in.

Here's a couple I've come to know and love,

Doomer and gloomer-anybody who doesn't think we'll do the quadruple next season.

Moaning tw@t-anybody who moans about the fact that we won't do the quadruple next season, even though they know we won't do it.

Rafa basher-anybody who thinks that sometimes the manager makes a mistake, and even worse says so.

Armchair fan-anybody who disagrees with someone who goes to the game, when they don't go themselves. Note-it's OK to be an armchair fan or an OOTer, as long as you agree with the fans who aren't armchair fans and OOTers.

Newbie-Anybody who disagrees with a member of the forum who has been around longer than them. The same disclaimer applies as above, as long as newbies agree with old timers etc.

Clueless gimp-Anybody who doesn't think Alonso is the most important player at the club.

Sam Allardyce lover-anybody who thinks there could possibly be another human being on planet Earth who could perhaps manage the team as well as Rafa.

Winger and whiner-anybody who's not on the forum extolling the virtues of "Rafa style" within thirty seconds of us winning a game, particularly if we've seen off non-league oppo by two clear goals or more.

Arsenal supporter/Wenger's bumchum-any Liverpool fan who draws a comparison between our achievements and relative spend over the last four years and Arsenals.

True fan-anybody who draws a comparison between Alex Fergusons first four years as manager and Rafa's.

Drama queen/over reacter-anybody who comes to the conclusion that we maybe putting ourselves out of the title race after only a few matches. Once we are twelve points behind and obviously not going to land a blow, and once everyone accepts it, it is however OK to start thinking of reasons why not (injuries, boardroom comings and goings, bad refs, bad luck, bad finishing etc etc).

Kuyt basher-anybody who originally said Kuyt was a good player and worth every penny of his fee, but has since concluded that they were totally wrong. Talking about the fact that he has scored three league goals this season and describing how they came about (two pens and one inadvertant ricochet) gets you life membership of this particular club.

I've come to know and love 'em all   :laugh:  :nod
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:40 am

bigmick wrote:
JBG wrote:TBPH = a nervous tick of BigMick's found in every second sentence he posts. :D

:laugh: Sorry mate I do use that, no wonder I do peoples head in.

Doomer and gloomer-anybody who doesn't think we'll do the quadruple next season.

Moaning tw@t-anybody who moans about the fact that we won't do the quadruple next season, even though they know we won't do it.

Rafa basher-anybody who thinks that sometimes the manager makes a mistake, and even worse says so.

Armchair fan-anybody who disagrees with someone who goes to the game, when they don't go themselves. Note-it's OK to be an armchair fan or an OOTer, as long as you agree with the fans who aren't armchair fans and OOTers.

Newbie-Anybody who disagrees with a member of the forum who has been around longer than them. The same disclaimer applies as above, as long as newbies agree with old timers etc.

Clueless gimp-Anybody who doesn't think Alonso is the most important player at the club.

Sam Allardyce lover-anybody who thinks there could possibly be another human being on planet Earth who could perhaps manage the team as well as Rafa.

Winger and whiner-anybody who's not on the forum extolling the virtues of "Rafa style" within thirty seconds of us winning a game, particularly if we've seen off non-league oppo by two clear goals or more.

Arsenal supporter/Wenger's bumchum-any Liverpool fan who draws a comparison between our achievements and relative spend over the last four years and Arsenals.

True fan-anybody who draws a comparison between Alex Fergusons first four years as manager and Rafa's.

Drama queen/over reacter-anybody who comes to the conclusion that we maybe putting ourselves out of the title race after only a few matches. Once we are twelve points behind and obviously not going to land a blow, and once everyone accepts it, it is however OK to start thinking of reasons why not (injuries, boardroom comings and goings, bad refs, bad luck, bad finishing etc etc).

Kuyt basher-anybody who originally said Kuyt was a good player and worth every penny of his fee, but has since concluded that they were totally wrong. Talking about the fact that he has scored three league goals this season and describing how they came about (two pens and one inadvertant ricochet) gets you life membership of this particular club.

I've come to know and love 'em all   :laugh:  :nod

:D
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:41 am

:laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:29 am

TBPH Bigmick, that's aswell part of the folklore, and it was fun to read :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:50 pm

bigmick wrote:Sorry mate I do use that, no wonder I do peoples head in.

I've come to know and love 'em all   :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Brilliant!

And now some from the other side of the divide...

Rose-Tinted Brigader--anyone who actually enjoys it when we beat the likes of Inter or even Havant & Waterlooville and isn't afraid to say so (See also "Happy Clapper")

"In-Rafa-We-Truster"--anyone that refrains from calling Rafa an "idiot" or "clown" or fails to make fun of his broken english in their posts.

Pro-Rotationer--anyone who expresses even the slighest skepticism that rotation is the only reason why we fell off the pace this season

Excuse Monger--anyone who suggests that other factors besides Rafa-Style rotation have contributed to our problems this season.  Excuse Mongers are particularly evident when discussing injuries, international breaks or the off-field turmoil surrounding the club's owners.  On occasion, particularly enthusiastic Excuse Mongers are criticized as being Tomkinsesque in their views

Realist--(AKA a "Tell It Like It Is'er") an individual who relishes coming into the match thread after a victory to remind everyone that said victory in no way makes up for our failings over the course of the season, which are, natch, all Rafa's fault.

"Call a Spade a Spader"--anyone who must simply comment on how rubbish Kuyt is game in, game out...no matter how many other possible talking points may be worth discussing.

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Classic :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:05 pm

Sabre wrote:Classic :D

I knew you'd like it you TompkinsesqueRoseTintedHappyClappyInRafaWeTrustProRotationer! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:50 pm

Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum