Satnav - Anyone got it?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:05 pm

has anyone got one of those aftermarket satnav systems like tomtom or something similar?  i want one and ain't got a clue which one to get - i'm lost, if you pardon the pun :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:19 pm

I haven't got one woolly but the one bit of advice that i've picked up on about them from topgear is deffo don't get one that was made by a german company 'cos they're shite and according to Jeremy Clarkson you'll either end being sent the wrong way or being interrogated by some gestapo bird. :laugh:

P.S. Asda are doing one for about £160 at the moment.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:26 pm

Like Rushie, i dont have satnav. But I know a lot of taxi drivers that do. Most of them swear by it. But they have said that sometimes the directions are wrong and you end up going the wrong way up a one way street!! Like you I would love to get it in my car, but dont know which one to get. I heard that tomtom is the best one to get. But there is one that has a bluetooth connection. Try Halfords. They might be able to give you better advice.
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:29 pm

I've had one for a year its a medion mdpna 175 bought it from Halfords and its very very good.....

have a look here

i recommend this........
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:30 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:I haven't got one woolly but the one bit of advice that i've picked up on about them from topgear is deffo don't get one that was made by a german company 'cos they're shite and according to Jeremy Clarkson you'll either end being sent the wrong way or being interrogated by some gestapo bird. :laugh:

P.S. Asda are doing one for about £160 at the moment.

does the asda one have a bossy bird who tells you where to go then slaps her arse pocket?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:32 pm

drummerphil wrote:I've had one for a year its a medion mdpna 175 bought it from Halfords and its very very good.....

have a look here

i recommend this........

how often do you have to update the info on them, and how much does an update cost? do you just download it off the net or what? have you ever spent the night in a turkish prison?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:35 pm

there are updates available quite often by download,but to be honest i never have since i've had it.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:11 pm

drummerphil wrote:there are updates available quite often by download,but to be honest i never have since i've had it.

it does a job for me though,well it did....when i was working..I just set the post code or address i was going to and that is it.It always knows where you are because of the sat link and you never get lost....
Just drive and listen to the voice......
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Is it just me or does the female voice they use for those things sound like she should be working for one of those sex chat phone lines. :D  It'd give you a second gear stick if she said "STRAIGHT UP THE BACK PASSAGE" :O
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:31 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Is it just me or does the female voice they use for those things sound like she should be working for one of those sex chat phone lines. :D  It'd give you a second gear stick if she said "STRAIGHT UP THE BACK PASSAGE" :O

eh its bloody good,roadworks,dead ends,trademans entrance  the lot   :laugh:
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:00 pm

I can just hear it now; you're driving along and then she suddenly pipes up and says "NOW ENTERING MUFF" (apparently it's in northern ireland) or
"TAKE THE NEXT EXIT FOR THREE COCKS" (Wales apparently - but one for the ladies) :laugh:

I can see it's going to degenerate into a rude place names thread now - sorry Woolly! :p
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:44 pm

Woolly, this months copy of Stuff has a review on all things Sat Nav, with the Tom Tom One coming out the best. It doesn't have Euro maps (but who needs em?) but at £280 you get a quality piece of kit at a small (in comparison to the market) cost.

Our kids got the Tom Tom 700 (I think) and his is ace. You can even upload voices onto them now - Burt Reynolds, Dennis Hopper and Mr T being some of them.

The bird on them always reminds me of Lee Evans now wih his sketch on how to win a fella round. Quality :D :D :laugh:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:46 pm

there's a place called twatt in the shetlands (or is it the orkneys?) :buttrock

oh and a place in bolton called nob end (seriously :D )

anyway back to satnav, halfords website has this at half price, anybody got one or used one?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:47 pm

mr T?? fecking brilliant. now we know what to get JBG as his retirement present for his souped up megane.

"i pity the fool who doesn't take the third exit at the next roundabout"

:laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:51 pm

there's a Lickham Bottom in Hemyock, Cullompton, United Kingdom and a Little Dix Village in the West Indies.

and, praise the lord, there is a Bell End in Worcestershire

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum