They didnt observe the silence

If that had have happened involving lfc there would have been an uproar

I know it was only the minority but everyone gets tarred with the same brush

I think some of you have very very short memorys

May those involved today hang your heads in shame

You are the scum of merseyside
george best

Postby Gareth G » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:59 pm

If it was our fan's it was an absolute disgrace, George Best was one of us ( Belfast lad ) and will be remembered for his football only.

Hang your head's in shame if you didn't observe the silence.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:19 pm

I cant believe any genuine LFC fan would boo the minutes silence.If they did,then yeah i agree,they are a disgrace to the club.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:20 pm

I agree,but there will always be a minority in any situation like that.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:16 pm

People like that are true ignorant scum. The silence itself only lasted 20 seconds which was also a shame.

I liked what they did at Wolves - the whole crowd clapped for 1 minute - thats what George Best would have liked.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:19 pm

One idiot was shouting and balling, and the rest of the Liverpool fans where trying to hush him.

One swallow does not make a summer, and the rest, me and Murrfff included, tried to observe the silence.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:50 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:One idiot was shouting and balling, and the rest of the Liverpool fans where trying to hush him.

One swallow does not make a summer, and the rest, me and Murrfff included, tried to observe the silence.

Glad to hear that.

I agree, it was shameful especially after watching it observed in every other ground, but don't tar all Liverpool supporters with the same brush.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:40 pm

Yes, it goes without saying that those who broke the silence were knobs.

Incidentally, did any of the City fans breach the silence?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:52 am

fivecups wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:One idiot was shouting and balling, and the rest of the Liverpool fans where trying to hush him.

Glad to hear that.

I agree, it was shameful especially after watching it observed in every other ground, but don't tar all Liverpool supporters with the same brush.

sadly it was not, about 10 liverpool fans started to boo, after a few sec the rest of the liverpool fans did get hold of the but it was too late and the whole crowd was in uproar.
Stuart Hall on radio five live said "liverpool Morons"
I find it hard to to agree with him on that, the fans that did this should be band, how would we have liked it if it had happend at the Emlyn Hughes game.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:06 am

Must agree with you on that Lakes , we would be in uproar if the same had happened about Emlyn Hughes.
Was talking to a work mate earlier on who told me about it all , he doesnt support Liverpool but does   respect and admire Liverpool as a team and the supporters .
He was genuinely surprised and shocked by it all  , i felt a kind of shame  and disgust  for those  supporters of our club who  could tarnish its name in such a way
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Red squirrel » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:14 am

My first impression was that there was no way that Liverpool supporters would do this as we're not that calous.But as it seems to be the case im absolutely horrified like you guys.
It definately isnt the Liverpool way and im glad it was only a certain few and not more, but still the press wont see it that way and its another bad piece of media hype we're gonna have to endure.
SHAME ON YOU FOOLS!!!
Red squirrel

Postby Mikz » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:34 am

Ive recieved a few txt messages about it tonight,its pretty embarrassing ,I think its shocked quite a few of us .But around the grounds in general he was respected in a great way ,especially the wolves fans.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:02 am

Amongst a few thousand Liverpool fans, there is always going to be a few who are :censored: idiots, and due to our rivalry with Manure they will naturally disrespect the minute's silence.

It really isn't on, I heard it on TV, sounded like one guy just shouting then it stopped, and someonr else started it so the ref cut it short and the booing then started.

Very disrespectful, and Liverpool fans have been tarnished enough over the years without some idiot giving us all a bad name over this.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:38 am

with utter disgust I despise the disrespects. Bestie was the best among all and yer name will be crafted amongst the legends of the football Valhalla!!

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:56 pm

iv heard it was the city fans who were shouting thats what the paper said. But no one knows unless they were there so can from now on all us who wernt there shut the :censored: up!
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum