Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:41 am

Why are things being posted twice?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:47 am

A.B. wrote:Why are things being posted twice?

ikonboard error
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:59 am

Leon is a grumpy bum, but after reading a few of his posts (esp CL final), i don't care what he does so long as he keeps posting.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:59 am

Brown nose :D
66-1112520797

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:30 am

oOShrimpyOo wrote:well the fact is i see many elite members on here who in my opinion are arogant, and it pisses me off, they shouldnt even hold that tiltle on this forum. I think whoever is in charge here needs to assess all these members and have a clean up..

I agree with shrimpy , I fu'ckin' hate Elite members ,bunch of cu'nts constantly posting new and interesting posts . I prefer a forum thats composed purely of newbies where you can discuss the same topic/s over and over again forever.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby flombs » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:44 am

woof woof ! wrote:
oOShrimpyOo wrote:well the fact is i see many elite members on here who in my opinion are arogant, and it pisses me off, they shouldnt even hold that tiltle on this forum. I think whoever is in charge here needs to assess all these members and have a clean up..

I agree with shrimpy , I fu'ckin' hate Elite members ,bunch of cu'nts constantly posting new and interesting posts . I prefer a forum thats composed purely of newbies where you can discuss the same topic/s over and over again forever.

we can only dream woof.  :O
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby flombs » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:46 am

woof woof ! wrote:

we can only dream woof.  :O
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:20 am

On a slightly more serious note .
The fact that the number of posts made by a member is displayed and that "badges of rank" are awarded immediately introduces elitism to the forum and creates an at times serious and unhealthy division amongst members. .It also encourages spamming ,as some members seek to increase their post count and move up the illusionary hierarchal ladder . Perhaps we should just retain the date a member joined and remove all references to "status" and number of posts made . Lets face it , newbie or elite member ,6 or 6000 posts is not whats important . What is important is the quality of our contribution .

ps . On the other hand it's taken me ages to get to 6000 + posts and become a legendary hero ,so you johnny come latelys can just fu'ck off !  :rasp

:D   :D   :D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:44 am

My twopennethworth is that the forum is only like life itself. You start off not really knowing what's really going on and if you have any sense you gradually get the hang of it. As I see it, there isn't an elite club of look downers dominating the boards. It's just that over a period of time, certain members earn respect because of the way they debate the point. Others unfortunately constantly make daft points and post smilies and stuff and you lose the thread of what you are talking about. Really if we are honest, we know who the most sensible posters are and we naturally gravitate towards their points of view. Indeed on this thread there has been contributions from Dalglish (a regular at home games), Andy G (who lives in Spain I think) and Peewee (don't know where he lives) who are all sensible people who make sensible ponts.
As for Leon, his brand of humour can take a bit of getting used to but once you do he is hilarious. He is also one of the most knowledgeable posters on the board save for a blind spot when it comes to Robert Earnshaw. He can be a bit pedantic at times but there you go, nobody's perfect. He's a top man, jeez if we got rid of people like him the forum might as well call it a day.
I recently started a topic re Michael Owen. One of the guys questioned why I started and I answered him in full. I wasn't in the least bit offended, I merely explained to him in detail why I think he called it wrong. If peopleget under your skin you could try this approach but overall my advice would be to just let it all wash over you. While you've been readfing this, people have probably got run over and stuff. It's all pish and nonsense really bud' so post on and chill out.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:50 am

bigmick wrote:Indeed on this thread there has been contributions from Dalglish (a regular at home games), Andy G (who lives in Spain I think) and Peewee (don't know where he lives) who are all sensible people who make sensible ponts.

:upside:

wibble

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:54 am

Had a quick scan through this one and can sympathise with the newbies for feeling that they are looked down on. I personally don't feel looked down on, but I find it hard to come up with anything of relevance in comparison to some of the elite members as most things have been discussed 10-fold in the past and from their perspective not worth going over again. I understand that and that is what leads a lot of the ongoing topics to originate from them.

Respect to LeonMC for not having gotten involved in this one.
Homebooby

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:54 am

Shrimpy you havent obviously met Leon, cause if you had you wouldnt start a topic on him :D .
He's geniunly a really nice fella, but sometimes he doesnt come across that way on the forum. But in person he is a good fella and a great laugh. He loves Liverpool and goes to all the games, its just he is very passionate about the club, I dont know whats happened between you and him like, but
Its only the internet so dont take things to serious. :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:55 am

andy_g wrote:
bigmick wrote:Indeed on this thread there has been contributions from Dalglish (a regular at home games), Andy G (who lives in Spain I think) and Peewee (don't know where he lives) who are all sensible people who make sensible ponts.

:upside:

wibble

pahpah  :D
Homebooby

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:55 am

bigmick wrote:Peewee (don't know where he lives)

im from liverpool mate but i have lived in malaysia for the last 3 years
112-1077774096

Postby Paul C » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:59 am

When I first joined the forum me and Leon had a ding dong but that was over the bad ooters vibe that was going on at the time, Leon is just trying to look after the forum and I can see where he is coming from cos as Woof said their are a lot of newbies that come on and start clogging the place up with :censored:, but also as Woof said they will get the hang of how the forum works with time, I agree that Leon can be a bit harsh but you'll learn that he isn't being personal.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum