Nfl playoffs

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Went to college near the Bay Area and was a huge Niners fan. I too was lucky enough to see the Montana/ Rice partnership. Montana had ice in his veins. Used to listen to games on KNBR sport radio while fly fishing for wild trout up in the mountains, great days.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
ethanr wrote:And I'm 6 for 6 on predictions :)

Should be 2 great games next week.  My older bro is a season ticket holder for the niners, so he gets first dibs on playoff tickets.  He can buy the ticks for like 200 a piece, and sell them for a couple thousand a piece.

So basically your brother is a tout !! Pretty disgraceful really.

No well what he does is buys 6 tickets because he has 2 season tickets (they allow him to buy 6), and he goes with his girl friend, then sells the other 4 for enough profit to travel to san fran and cover all his own expenses, but he'll only sell them to Niners fans to make sure we have more fans there.  Doesn't make any money, but it doesn't cost him anything either.

My favorite player is Steve Young.  My family has always been a huge fan, and we all met him once.

Niners to take it!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:23 pm

ethanr wrote:My favorite player is Steve Young.  My family has always been a huge fan, and we all met him once.

Niners to take it!

Young had a better qb rating than Montana, was stronger, offered more in terms of running the ball than Montana, but in a clutch or when the game was on the line there was not too many better than Joe Montana.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:39 pm

kazza wrote:
ethanr wrote:My favorite player is Steve Young.  My family has always been a huge fan, and we all met him once.

Niners to take it!

Young had a better qb rating than Montana, was stronger, offered more in terms of running the ball than Montana, but in a clutch or when the game was on the line there was not too many better than Joe Montana.

Agree.  Although one thing I loved about Young was that he was so humble.  When Montana left the Niners for the Chiefs, he basically talked about how they would tank now that he was gone and had to depend on Young because Young couldn't win a championship.  They met the second game of the season in Kansas City, and the Niners won 44-14.  Completely smashed them, and from then on Young was considered the best quarter back in the NFL.
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:27 am

I'm going to the NINERS Giants game this weekend.  My bro gave me and my other bro the extra tickets he bought and I'm fooking pumped!
ethanr

Postby anti-hero » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:37 am

i wasnt keeping up much but i thought tim tebow really brought some magic into the sport. real life waterboy kind of stuff. i wish the broncos would've gone further.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:43 pm

anti-hero wrote:i wasnt keeping up much but i thought tim tebow really brought some magic into the sport. real life waterboy kind of stuff. i wish the broncos would've gone further.

"Real life Waterboy"?  You are kidding right?  He was the highest rated recruit going from high school to college.  He was well known when he was 16 years old.  He then won a Heisman trophy and two national championships at Florida.  He was also a first round draft pick coming out of college.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum