New year thread - How are you bringing in th bew year

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:48 pm

On behalf of everybody at Liverpool Football Club I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year.
Wherever in the world you're reading this message from, I wish you, your families and your loved ones all the best for 2009.

To be going into a new year at the top of the Barclays Premier League table is a just reward for all the hard work the players and staff have put in this season.

It's great for the confidence of the players and for the supporters to see us at the top, but we know there is still a long way to go and that is why you won't hear anybody at Liverpool talking about winning the title.

We have had a good first half to the season, but that's all it is. If we can do the same over the rest of the campaign then we will have a chance, but there are still lots of games to play and lots of points up for grabs before we can start talking about what the end of the season may bring.

We have had a few disappointing setbacks this season, particularly at Anfield, but we have also shown we can compete with and beat the best in the country, so there's every reason to be confident as we look forward to 2009.

The quality in our squad is better than it was twelve months ago, the new players who have arrived have all made a contribution and that is why I am confident we are continuing to make progress and are moving in the right direction as a club.

As well as enjoying a good start to the domestic campaign, we have also qualified for the last sixteen of the Champions League having seen off the challenge of Atletico Madrid to finish top of our group. We now look forward to the tournament resuming in February when we again travel to Madrid, but this time to the Bernabeu to take on Real.

A new year always brings new hopes and ambitions and those dreams of a successful year are shared by all the staff at Anfield and Melwood. I can never guarantee we will win silverware, but I can promise we will all be working as hard as possible to make our collective ambitions come true.

It just remains for me to again wish you every success in 2009, to pass on my appreciation for the magnificent support you have given the club over the past twelve months and to thank you for all the cards and good wishes you sent my way both over the festive period and following my recent illness.

Happy New Year.

Rafa.

I DIDNT WRITE THIS. RAFA DID not to me personaly like but to all fans
Last edited by NANNY RED on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:22 pm

Thanks Nunny. Same to all!! Happy new year.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:30 pm

aCe' wrote:
same bang Sabre was after...  :no  hiring 'friends' for  new years ... shame on you lad i though u had a hot bird wat happened ?!  :D

For that, we should open a new thread called "Your missus' mother in law. Typical problems". Don't get me started on that topic.  :no

Thank you very much Nanny.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Sabre wrote:
aCe' wrote:
same bang Sabre was after...  :no  hiring 'friends' for  new years ... shame on you lad i though u had a hot bird wat happened ?!  :D

For that, we should open a new thread called "Your missus' mother in law. Typical problems". Don't get me started on that topic.  :no

Thank you very much Nanny.

Sabes, What have i done
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Nanny, I thought that was your happy new year message, not Rafa's. :D My hangover is that bad.

Thank you for bringing Rafa's message anyway :)
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:53 pm

Sabre wrote:Nanny, I thought that was your happy new year message, not Rafa's. :D My hangover is that bad.

:laugh:  :laugh: For me to write something like that id of had to of moved in with BigMick :laugh: Anyway therd be two many swear words in mine
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:42 pm

NANNY RED wrote:On behalf of everybody at Liverpool Football Club I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year.
Wherever in the world you're reading this message from, I wish you, your families and your loved ones all the best for 2009.

To be going into a new year at the top of the Barclays Premier League table is a just reward for all the hard work the players and staff have put in this season.

It's great for the confidence of the players and for the supporters to see us at the top, but we know there is still a long way to go and that is why you won't hear anybody at Liverpool talking about winning the title.

We have had a good first half to the season, but that's all it is. If we can do the same over the rest of the campaign then we will have a chance, but there are still lots of games to play and lots of points up for grabs before we can start talking about what the end of the season may bring.

We have had a few disappointing setbacks this season, particularly at Anfield, but we have also shown we can compete with and beat the best in the country, so there's every reason to be confident as we look forward to 2009.

The quality in our squad is better than it was twelve months ago, the new players who have arrived have all made a contribution and that is why I am confident we are continuing to make progress and are moving in the right direction as a club.

As well as enjoying a good start to the domestic campaign, we have also qualified for the last sixteen of the Champions League having seen off the challenge of Atletico Madrid to finish top of our group. We now look forward to the tournament resuming in February when we again travel to Madrid, but this time to the Bernabeu to take on Real.

A new year always brings new hopes and ambitions and those dreams of a successful year are shared by all the staff at Anfield and Melwood. I can never guarantee we will win silverware, but I can promise we will all be working as hard as possible to make our collective ambitions come true.

It just remains for me to again wish you every success in 2009, to pass on my appreciation for the magnificent support you have given the club over the past twelve months and to thank you for all the cards and good wishes you sent my way both over the festive period and following my recent illness.

Happy New Year.

Rafa.

I thought you were part of the club or someting when I started reading the thread.

Should of known better

:no
roberto green

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Roberto mate, you really got to figure out how to use the smileys, or don't use them at all :D

Nanny Red is our resident spiritual adviser
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:04 pm

dawson99 wrote:Roberto mate, you really got to figure out how to use the smileys, or don't use them at all :D

I wish i :censored: was Daws me an Barry would be loaded now :laugh:

Whats the odds by the way on Arteta going to Arsenal :;):
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:05 pm

dawson99 wrote:Roberto mate, you really got to figure out how to use the smileys, or don't use them at all :D

:D
roberto green

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:09 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

They have offered little money for him no?

Are Everton in economic troubles besides their usual football misery? if not, I can't see Arteta leaving to Arsenal cheap.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:13 pm

Sabre wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

They have offered little money for him no?

Are Everton in economic troubles besides their usual football misery? if not, I can't see Arteta leaving to Arsenal cheap.

About 12 Sabes , but i think anythink above 15 an hes gone. They wouldnt turn down that amount. its only what im hearing its not gospel,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:15 am

NANNY RED wrote:About 12 Sabes , but i think anythink above 15 an hes gone. They wouldnt turn down that amount. its only what im hearing its not gospel,

What's happened to Rosicky? I know he's been injured , but if they are going for Arteta looks like he's not coming back?
account deleted by request

Postby Quadrophenia » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:47 am

s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:About 12 Sabes , but i think anythink above 15 an hes gone. They wouldnt turn down that amount. its only what im hearing its not gospel,

What's happened to Rosicky? I know he's been injured , but if they are going for Arteta looks like he's not coming back?

Arsenal fans will be doing summersaults if he's not coming back, just another overrated :censored: player for Arsenal. Same as Hleb, never rated him either and what a surprise he gets shipped off to the land of players who couldn't hack the Premiership (Forlan, Pongolle, Morientes, Reyes) or are too old for the Premiership now (Pires, Henry)
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:58 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Sabre wrote:Nanny, I thought that was your happy new year message, not Rafa's. :D My hangover is that bad.

:laugh:  :laugh: For me to write something like that id of had to of moved in with BigMick :laugh:

Hey whats so funny about moving in with me  ???  :D There's many a young bit of fluff would've ran through fields of broken glass for the privilage Nan in years gone by I'll tell ya  :D (well actually only one, and I married her sharpish before she changed her mind).

Actually come to think of it the "broken glass" bit might be slightly stretching it as well. Maybe fields of grass that could do with cutting a bit, you know, when you can see the daisies.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum