Networking

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby kopite_1232002 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:14 am

just had wireless fitted and i was playing poker and it kept on cuttin off same with msn loggin on and then off, any one have any ideas
kopite_1232002

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:26 am

i have wireless, that happens occassionally, i just switch off the wireless box and then on again and it seems to clear the problem
112-1077774096

Postby babu » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:02 am

Couple of things here.

1) Depends how hot the router gets. Over here i need to keep my wireless router in a well circulated room and sometimes need to turn the air-conditioner on to keep it cool.
2) you may need to assign yourself a static ip address. you can learn how here: www.portforward.com
3) is your network secure? ie do you have a password? if not you may have a whole bunch of other peolpe jumping on and off. My router is set to handle 4 computers, if a 5th connected one of the original 4 will be disconnected
4) How strong is the signal strength? for example 2 bars means that it is likely you will d/c and reconnect a lot. If the signal is weak you may have to move the router to a more central location with less walls between it and your computer
5) I assume you are using broadband, not dial-up. If all else fails, change you connection from automatic to manual connect. this way you can tell if the problem is your phone line (or cable). For example if you line is unstable, you may not notice because your computer automatically recconnects itself.

Another thing. If you intend to play online games, and you intend to host them. You will definitely need to open a port on your router. That website i wrote earlier will show you how.

Hope that helps.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:40 am

im having trouble with my Wireless as well.......mind you, its a tad older than yours...

:laugh:   sorry... :upside:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:48 am

:angry: Grrrrrrr mines been off since 7 yesterday, went to bed p.issed off now im awake an its workin  :D
Its goin off an on again oh well.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:00 am

Sounds like overheating or a faulty router kopite. Is your router near a radiator or covered , if not it may just be faulty(many are).  Other than that I think Babu has everything covered in his post.
account deleted by request

Postby Woollyback » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:27 am

anyone know how to set up security passwords etc on a D-Link 604T router? the manual is in feckin gibberish :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:50 am

Woollyback wrote:anyone know how to set up security passwords etc on a D-Link 604T router? the manual is in feckin gibberish :(

setup

No idea if this helps Wooly but if you do a google search there are plenty of other help sites.

PPPoE Setup:
Click on Home tab and then on WAN on the left side of the screen.

Select PPPoE/PPPoA option.

Under Connection Type select 'PPPoE LLC' in the drop-down menu.

Enter username and your password

If you have connection with static IP address, you do not have to specify the IP settings on the router: the router will be getting the same IP from your ISP every time it connects.

Click on Apply. To save the settings into the router's memory go to Tools > [System] > Save and Reboot.

Give the router a minute or two to reboot and reconnect. Restart your computer and you should be able to access the Internet.

You do not have to run any login client on any of your computers because your router logs to your ISP automatically.

PPPoA Setup:

Click on Home tab and then on WAN on the left side of the screen.

Select PPPoE/PPPoA option.

Under Connection Type select 'PPPoA VC-Mux' in the drop-down menu.

Enter username and your password.

If you have connection with static IP address, you do not have to specify the IP settings on the router: the router will be getting the same IP from your ISP every time it connects.

Click on Apply. To save the settings into the router's memory go to Tools > [System] > Save and Reboot.

Give the router a minute or two to reboot and reconnect. Restart your computer and you should be able to access the Internet.

You do not have to run any login client on any of your computers because your router logs to your ISP automatically.

This is probably worse than your manual sorry mate.
account deleted by request

Postby Woollyback » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:52 am

ta sainty, i'll give that a whirl later - it's about time all my neighbours got their own feckin broadband :buttrock
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:26 pm

found out what it was. the router had a bulit in firewall and it was blocking the connection, sorted now

funny like because i was playing a $50 heads up game of poker and i was missin loads ov hands and he was gettin my blinds lucky for me he was gettin :censored: off and went all in with a :censored: had and i won,
kopite_1232002

Return to General Chat Forum