Money tips - I've got some, but what to do with it?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:43 pm

since the interest rates have dropped to nothing, my ISA is worth jack! I've been saving cash for the last couple of years (hoping to buy a place next year) and trying to look for better places to earn interest.  Anyone here got any money advice on where to put savings? I'm thinking there MUST be somewhere out there that offers better than 0.10% interest than my current ISA is giving me!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Just be glad you CAN save mate.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:00 pm

Depends how much you have mate. If its over about £50k I would consider talking to a stockbroker. Choose option "b" and you should do quite well.

Option "A" - Very safe return, most of your money invested is guaranteed, you are basically gambling with the interest on your money.

Option "B" Balanced "risk", you are now gambling with your capital but only in safe bets, with some of or all your profits reinvested in slightly more risky ventures.

Option "C" You may as well put your savings on one of Dawsons tips. Very risky with big profits and big losses.

They dress things up slightly different than above but at the end of the day thats what it usually boils down to.

Personally, I used to like to take an active role in my investments, so I would pick a few companies myself as well and have a flutter.

If you want to buy some Eurotunnel shares I could help you out. (I wasn't always successful with my choice of "investments" :D )
account deleted by request

Return to General Chat Forum