Marathon

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dundalk » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:07 pm

Im being a bit cheeky with this one but I sent an email out tonight to all I knew with this and thought Id hit the Newkitters with it too!! Don't feel under any pressure, I understand peoples financial situations at the moment

Cheers lads (and lassies)

I'm running the Dublin Marathon on the 31st of October for Post Natal Depression . There isn't enough support for this condition and its not talked about enough so in doing this I'm trying to raise awareness and help Post Natal Depression financially. I've been training for the last few months for the marathon and am really looking forward to the big day which is in a months time. In 2009 I ran the Dublin Marathon in 3h28m and managed to raise nearly 2,000 and hope to get near that figure again this year.

Here is a link to Post Natal Depressions Website - http://www.pnd.ie

I would really appreciate if you could donate to the Paypal account I have set up, I know times are tough out there but any amount at all would really help

Here is the link to the Paypal Account I have set up

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin....nHosted

Thanks in advance for your support

Dundalk

Your probably asking why I am running for this charity! My mam suffered with this after having my sister and ended up taking her own life so its something that is close to my heart and it seemed the most obvious choice when picking a charity to run the marathon for.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:48 am

Well done DD.  I'm going to be donating, just have to figure out a way to be allowed to have a Paypal account (wife works for a financial institution and they are very strict about international transactions (fear of fraud, tax evasion etc.)

My wife suffered from Post Partum (what it's referred to here) when she had our second.  When I realized she was suicidal I had to basically carry her and throw her into the car and drive her to the hospital.  If I hadn't recognized the signs that I had seen from when my mother went through it with my youngest sister, I probably would have just told her to "snap out of it".
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:19 am

That's great DD.  Marathon's aren't easy, and I know how much training it takes to complete one. South of 3.5 hours is really good too.  What's your target this year?

Sorry to hear about your mom.  I can't relate, but I imagine that was really hard on you and your family.  I donated a bit.  I know it's not much, but I figure whatever gets you closer to your goal.

Good luck DD!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:35 am

Sorry to hear about your Mum DD, good luck on the Marathon, I would like to donate but I don't have a paypal account and I don't know if it exists in my region lol
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:16 am

Lads thanks very much I REALLY appreciate it. It means a lot, MH you can donate just with Credit Card if you like

Thanks again lads
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:25 am

DD, just donated 26 Euros mate, one euro for every mile. Good luck and have a pint and a smile on my account afterwards.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:13 pm

Good stuff mate

Always happy to help support the fight against the Black Dog

Run like wind DD

I send a few schekels your way
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Your probably asking why I am running for this charity! My mam suffered with this after having my sister and ended up taking her own life so its something that is close to my heart and it seemed the most obvious choice when picking a charity to run the marathon for.

oh feckin hell DD, I'm so sorry to hear this. :(
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Dundalk wrote:Lads thanks very much I REALLY appreciate it. It means a lot, MH you can donate just with Credit Card if you like

Thanks again lads

DD, how can I go about donating with a credit card?  can you post a link for that?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:45 pm

When you click on the link, look down at the bottom of the screen and its there on the right
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Just seen this dunny mate , will throw in on payday .Week friday lash . Bump anyway .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Just a bump DD, no pressure on you or anything  :D

With his flowing white beard and bright yellow turban, 100-year-old Fauja Singh is not the most obvious candidate for a marathon man.

But if he completes Toronto's Waterfront Marathon tomorrow the Sikh will earn a place in the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest living person to finish a 42km foot race.

Singh, who lives in London, took up running at the age of 89.

The death of his son Kuldip and earlier of his wife forced him to search for an alternative in life worth living for, his translator and coach Harmandar Singh told the BBC.

''Running has given him a new focus in life," he said.

Fauja Singh, originally from India's Punjab region, ended up competing in international marathon events.

He was well known in his village for running "from one place to another" but did not enter his first marathon until 2000, in London.

He became the world's oldest half marathon runner at 99 in May last year when he ran the Inter-Faith Marathon in Luxembourg.

Khushwant Singh, author of Fauja's biography Turbaned Tornado, said at the book's launch in July: "Fauja has given a new meaning to the words endurance, aspiration and will power".
:D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Well in for the bump laza , just donated now dunny from my judies paypal account , lisa . Well in dunny .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Well in for the bump laza , just donated now dunny from my judies paypal account , lisa . Well in dunny .

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum