Liverpool 1, man utd 0

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Married man travels 400 miles for romp with a hoax Facebook lover
London, Feb 17 : A married Manchester United fan drove 400 miles for a romp with a girl he had met on Facebook, only to discover that it was a hoax set up by two rival Liverpool supporters.

Stuart Slann, 39, is said to have made a nine-hour trip from his home in Sheffield to a remote farm in Scotland last month to meet the woman he had been messaging with on Facebook.

But, on his arrival at the deserted house, he received a text message telling him that he would have to wait there until Emma finished work, and he ended up waiting for another three hours in the car.

Finally, one of the two men called up Slann, and in a broad Liverpudlian accent told him that it was all a con.

To add to his humiliation, they recorded the conversation and put it onto Facebook, and video-sharing website YouTube, along with an embarrassing photograph.

"It was a cruel thing to do. I've been taken for a ride. They wound me up good and proper," the Telegraph quoted him as saying.

Slann met the two Liverpool Football Club fans in Cancun, Mexico, last November, and an exchange of heated words ensued over the week about their rival teams.

The Manchester United fan was even thrown into the pool, where he broke his ankle, and the two, not satisfied with that, hatched a plan to humiliate him, by setting up a false Facebook account, and pretending to be a woman called Emma from Scotland.

"There's no doubt that I've been done good and proper by the lads from Liverpool. It was cruel but I'll hold my hands up and say they really wound me up," Slann said.

"I'd been chatting to this girl on Facebook for about a month or so. I really thought she was genuine, and I had no reason to doubt it.

"On the night she asked me to Scotland I was on the road for about nine hours. And then when I got to this remote farm she sent me a text to say she was still in work.

"That's what made it worse, not only had I driven for nine hours, but I had to wait for about another three and a half hours for her to finish work.

"Then when I got the call to say it was all a hoax I just felt awful.

"If they had asked to drive to Manchester, Leeds or even Liverpool it wouldn't have been so bad and maybe I'd have seen the funny side.

"But to drag me all the way to Aberdeen was just cruel.

"When I met the lads on holiday I thought they were alright and we had a bit of banter over football and they threw me in the pool," he added.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Repost mate - its in the general chat forum

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=25618

:)
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum