It's a miracle

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:04 am

:D

good job it wasn't about mohamed, it'd have embassies on fire left right & centre and a big bag of fatwahs on my head :wwww
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:28 am

I'm offended :D

You'll need more than "No Nails" where your going after that little stunt ! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:32 am

have you seen the pic where he is on the cross and he is saying "be right back"   :D
112-1077774096

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:11 am

Check out this one

"Amidst all the tears and wailing about sacrifice, can McClaren persuade St Jamie the Martyr to come down?" No.
:D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:35 pm

Right. Disgusting. To use something sacred to sell glue is not on. To paint Jesus as if he was enjoying the experience is not on.

But it's fécking funny :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:59 pm

Woollyback wrote:good job it wasn't about mohamed, it'd have embassies on fire left right & centre and a big bag of fatwahs on my head :wwww

WW3 would have started

:laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:06 pm

I'm Catholic, but I sort of laughed and was sort of offended at the same time. Is that a real ad, like? Jes...I mean, f*ckin hell, they've got some balls if it is.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I'm Catholic, but I sort of laughed and was sort of offended at the same time. Is that a real ad, like? Jes...I mean, f*ckin hell, they've got some balls if it is.

I'm Catholic too. I feel more offended when our society converts Christmas in a marketing experience and everything is aimed in order you spend money mate.

So in an hypocrital way, society uses Jesus once a year so that you buy more. This is just the same, selling something, with a bit of humour. But Christmas treatment offends me much more than that advert.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:19 pm

Sabre wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:I'm Catholic, but I sort of laughed and was sort of offended at the same time. Is that a real ad, like? Jes...I mean, f*ckin hell, they've got some balls if it is.

I'm Catholic too. I feel more offended when our society converts Christmas in a marketing experience and everything is aimed in order you spend money mate.

So in an hypocrital way, society uses Jesus once a year so that you buy more. This is just the same, selling something, with a bit of humour. But Christmas treatment offends me much more than that advert.

I know what you mean. JC's been replaced by colored lights, a big green tree, and a bearded red suit wearing fat bloke called Santa. The ironic thing is, is that even though Jesus is being capitalized on, there is no major mention of him at the time of the year. It's when the word Christ gets replaced by an 'X' that p*sses me off. Why do it?! Why take the man's name away from what is his birthday?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:30 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Sabre wrote:

I know what you mean. JC's been replaced by colored lights, a big green tree, and a bearded red suit wearing fat bloke called Santa. The ironic thing is, is that even though Jesus is being capitalized on, there is no major mention of him at the time of the year. It's when the word Christ gets replaced by an 'X' that p*sses me off. Why do it?! Why take the man's name away from what is his birthday?

Not trying to be too controversial here but the lights and the tree are the original symbols of the season--the pagan festival of Yule.  Like many pagan festivals (e.g. Easter, Halloween), the Christians just came along and superimposed their narrative on top.  In fact, I've heard theories that suggest that Jesus of Nazareth was actually born in October sometime but the whole "light of the world" angle plays better in association with the Yule celebration of lights and evergreen trees (a reminder of nature's inevitable rebirth at a time of cold and darkness).  Not up on my Santa lore though, so who knows what that fat f.uck has to do with anything. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:54 pm

jesus is not real anyway so he won't be offended, so there is no need for you to be offended.

(peewee stands back and waits for his grenade to land  :D )
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:01 pm

No problem mates, we Christians are open minded.

The fire? oh don't alarm, we're preparing some beef tonight :D

Bad Bob, you have a point in the tree thingy, but that's part of the english culture, in other part of the worlds there are other traditions. Some of those pagan traditions like the tree made it here aswell, but are not part of the traditional Christian celebrations. Meaning that are only little examples of the "commertialisation" of Christmas
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:03 pm

im sorry, but im offended by this thread. if it was mohammed or krishna it would have been locked a long time ago
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:39 pm

Locked as its not Mohammed, Krishna or Beelzeebub.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum