Isis

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:47 am

Now I do not know an awful lot about this "muslim" group however they are in the news more and more recently and they have beheaded a french hiker in Algeria.

So thats two american journalists and a british man already beheaded with another british aid worker still being held captive with rumours that a german hostage was captured in the phillipines.

So as i understand they are representing muslims and occupy northern Iraq as well as Some parts of Syria.  The us some arab counties france have all started airstrikes targetting their oil supplies, i suspect to hit them at their financial supplies. With Parliament recalled friday to discuss Britains next move.

Anyone know anymore on this matter or any muslims on here shed any light on what is wrong with these barbaric animals

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:25 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:47 am wrote:Now I do not know an awful lot about this "muslim" group

Key point there.

Usually the leaders of these "Gangsta" groups are identified and broadcasted.

Anyways for me bottom line is, Nuke the f'ucking lot of them !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:32 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:47 am wrote:Now I do not know an awful lot about this "muslim" group however they are in the news more and more recently and they have beheaded a french hiker in Algeria.

So thats two american journalists and a british man already beheaded with another british aid worker still being held captive with rumours that a german hostage was captured in the phillipines.

So as i understand they are representing muslims and occupy northern Iraq as well as Some parts of Syria.  The us some arab counties france have all started airstrikes targetting their oil supplies, i suspect to hit them at their financial supplies. With Parliament recalled friday to discuss Britains next move.

Anyone know anymore on this matter or any muslims on here shed any light on what is wrong with these barbaric animals

It cannot be said that they represent Muslims, as there clearly are a minority in the world Muslim population/community.

However it could be said they represent Islam, or their interpretation of it. Just like the Crusades were classified as a Christian cause, this extremist movement is in the strictest sense an Islamic cause.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:44 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:32 pm wrote: this extremist movement is in the strictest sense an Islamic cause.

Are you sure about that ?

From what I can gather, Isis activities are far removed from the "spirit" of Islam

IMO they are nothing more than a "cult" led by maniacs supported in the most part by disaffected under achieving muslim punks.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:13 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:44 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:32 pm wrote: this extremist movement is in the strictest sense an Islamic cause.

Are you sure about that ?

From what I can gather, Isis activities are far removed from the "spirit" of Islam

IMO they are nothing more than a "cult" led by maniacs supported in the most part by disaffected under achieving muslim punks.

That's why I said "in the strictest sense". They interpret passages of the Koran literally and implement Sharia law verbatim.

This may very well be out of the mainstream spirit of Islam but as I said in the strictest sense they implement, albeit selectively, the Koran literally. They are, as all extremist arms of Islam, followers of the Saudi derived Wahhabi movement.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:24 pm

I personally don't believe threads like this are a good idea due to the PC ellement involved and the do gooder brigade. Anyone with any sort of opinion on religion that doesn't conform is a racist or a bigot.

(And before "the topic starter" whines and bitches about it, I'd have posted the same in any similar thread)

True feelings on this matter written on the internet can get people into trouble.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:24 pm wrote:I personally don't believe threads like this are a good idea due to the PC ellement involved and the do gooder brigade. Anyone with any sort of opinion on religion that doesn't conform is a racist or a bigot.

For what it is worth, what I posted isn't opinion. I've simply stated the facts.

ISIS may not represent mainstream Islam but they do claim to interpret Islam in the way that many other groups have also done. Whether this interpretation is right or not I am not qualified to speak on.

Over the years I have lost any faith I once had in favour of Science and Reason.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:29 pm

The problem is that Blair/Bush are responsible for the rise of ISIS, the obsession in the West to declare that every country should be a democracy is at fault. After the Iraq war instead of getting a unity government of conciliation  in place were all of the different sects had place they went with elections far too soon and of course people only voted for their particular sect in Iraqs case it was Shiite, leaving the Sunni sect out in the cold, the former Iraq army which was mainly Sunni was disbanded and the new army become predominantly and run by Shiites, this caused a major rift and many former soldiers became insurgents. Then we had the blind determination to remove Assad in Syria without thinking what would replace it so anyone who was against Assad was armed even the fundamentalist extremists, as they grew stronger they started to appeal to the disaffected Sunnis in Iraq and here we are now, a total mess. Ok  a bit simplistic and there's a lot more to it but really in some place total democracy takes a long time to get into place and in others it will never work.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:47 pm

Boocity » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:29 pm wrote:The problem is that Blair/Bush are responsible for the rise of ISIS, the obsession in the West to declare that every country should be a democracy is at fault. After the Iraq war instead of getting a unity government of conciliation  in place were all of the different sects had place they went with elections far too soon and of course people only voted for their particular sect in Iraqs case it was Shiite, leaving the Sunni sect out in the cold, the former Iraq army which was mainly Sunni was disbanded and the new army become predominantly and run by Shiites, this caused a major rift and many former soldiers became insurgents. Then we had the blind determination to remove Assad in Syria without thinking what would replace it so anyone who was against Assad was armed even the fundamentalist extremists, as they grew stronger they started to appeal to the disaffected Sunnis in Iraq and here we are now, a total mess. Ok  a bit simplistic and there's a lot more to it but really in some place total democracy takes a long time to get into place and in others it will never work.

Far too short sighted.

Wahhabism, the underlying philosophy to extremist Islam, has been around since the turn of the 20 century. The Taliban were established in the 70s when the USSR occupied Afghanistan.

ISIS are just another group, in a long line of extremist Islamic philosophies that have come from this ultra-conservative Wahhabi intepretation of Islam. Of course the West has influenced the presence of these types, extremism has become far more political in the last 20 years that it ever was.

But let's not forget here the underlying philosophy of extremism is not new, it's been taught and promoted for decades. The only change recently is world events and regional instability has allowed it more exposure and growth.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:15 am

I absolutely agree with SCS.

They don't represent all Muslims, but they do represent a version of Islam.

Whether they are right or wrong with their interpretations it's up to debate. However, their version shouldn't exist and should be eradicated
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:07 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:47 pm wrote:
Boocity » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:29 pm wrote:The problem is that Blair/Bush are responsible for the rise of ISIS, the obsession in the West to declare that every country should be a democracy is at fault. After the Iraq war instead of getting a unity government of conciliation  in place were all of the different sects had place they went with elections far too soon and of course people only voted for their particular sect in Iraqs case it was Shiite, leaving the Sunni sect out in the cold, the former Iraq army which was mainly Sunni was disbanded and the new army become predominantly and run by Shiites, this caused a major rift and many former soldiers became insurgents. Then we had the blind determination to remove Assad in Syria without thinking what would replace it so anyone who was against Assad was armed even the fundamentalist extremists, as they grew stronger they started to appeal to the disaffected Sunnis in Iraq and here we are now, a total mess. Ok  a bit simplistic and there's a lot more to it but really in some place total democracy takes a long time to get into place and in others it will never work.

Far too short sighted.

Wahhabism, the underlying philosophy to extremist Islam, has been around since the turn of the 20 century. The Taliban were established in the 70s when the USSR occupied Afghanistan.

ISIS are just another group, in a long line of extremist Islamic philosophies that have come from this ultra-conservative Wahhabi intepretation of Islam. Of course the West has influenced the presence of these types, extremism has become far more political in the last 20 years that it ever was.

But let's not forget here the underlying philosophy of extremism is not new, it's been taught and promoted for decades. The only change recently is world events and regional instability has allowed it more exposure and growth.

Did I say extremism only arrived with ISIS??? what I am saying is the rise of ISIS has been caused by mess in Iraq and the arming of anyone but Assad in Syria. This topic is about ISIS not the origins of extremism
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:41 am

ISIS don't worry me one iota but our own political elites do.

By all accounts ISIS have a ramshackle army of around 20,000 covering a space the size of the whole UK so hardly prolific and ironically armed
by the west and our allies in the middle east.

Honestly who should I really fear living in Northern England? I would guess the bedroom tax, unemployment, lack of opportunity, has killed more
people than ISIS. Murder in another form.

Don't fall for the Government propaganda, ISIS is not the danger, AL QAEDA is/was not the danger, our own political elite and aristocracy are.

They will ALWAYS keep the fear going to distract you from your own reality under their gun.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:53 am

The Islamic State, is filling a void left after the destabilisation of the region. Please note IS's actions are primarily sectarian in nature. Their main battle is against the *****'s (other muslim). Their rallying call is the setting up of a Caliphate. This is attractive to sunni Muslims all around the worl. The problem is their manifestation is not just nor Islamic. Their brand of extremism is shocking non Islamic. However so long as Muslim's around the world remain fragmented and unable to speak with a single voice it won't be denounced in a single voice. The Al-Azhar university of Egypt had enough respect in the muslim world to be able to denounce them, but it is itself now in chaos due to the destabilisation of Egypt. I believe what our Prime Nazib Razak said at the UN several days ago. Fight this extremist threat through education, stop providing easy recruitment evidence and end the plight of Palestine.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:11 pm

parchpea » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:41 am wrote:ISIS don't worry me one iota but our own political elites do.

By all accounts ISIS have a ramshackle army of around 20,000 covering a space the size of the whole UK so hardly prolific and ironically armed
by the west and our allies in the middle east.

Honestly who should I really fear living in Northern England? I would guess the bedroom tax, unemployment, lack of opportunity, has killed more
people than ISIS. Murder in another form.

Don't fall for the Government propaganda, ISIS is not the danger, AL QAEDA is/was not the danger, our own political elite and aristocracy are.

They will ALWAYS keep the fear going to distract you from your own reality under their gun.

Pretty much what I think as well.

Also, the existence of such groups is just another opportunity for business for the western governments.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:27 pm

babu » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:53 am wrote:The Islamic State, is filling a void left after the destabilisation of the region. Please note IS's actions are primarily sectarian in nature. Their main battle is against the *****'s (other muslim). Their rallying call is the setting up of a Caliphate. This is attractive to sunni Muslims all around the worl. The problem is their manifestation is not just nor Islamic. Their brand of extremism is shocking non Islamic. However so long as Muslim's around the world remain fragmented and unable to speak with a single voice it won't be denounced in a single voice. The Al-Azhar university of Egypt had enough respect in the muslim world to be able to denounce them, but it is itself now in chaos due to the destabilisation of Egypt. I believe what our Prime Nazib Razak said at the UN several days ago. Fight this extremist threat through education, stop providing easy recruitment evidence and end the plight of Palestine.

Not sure if it's not islamic, it's debatable. Whether it's un-islamic or not we will never know as Islam has many interpretations and lots of people interpret it as they please.

I agree it's very sectarian in nature and that's why they are fighting Hezbollah in Syria and on the borders of Lebanon/Syria.

I agree with everything else, we need to start educating poor youths, get rid of extremist infestations like in madrassas and mosques who brainwash poor youths into Jihand and 70 virgins.

The only way to do this is by admitting to the problem and take action.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum