Help needed: the ring – where to buy from?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:11 am

I’ve been with my misses for a good few years now and planning to pop the question this summer. Have started look round for a ring, and know roughly what I want, but don’t know where to get it from. For my price range (between £2-3k) I could get a nice 0.5ct one from a jewelers in London, or Tiffany’s etc – but I’ve seen some online retailers such as bluenile.co.uk  that for the same price I can get 0.6-0.7ct diamond, with a better colouring and clarity.  I know that if you buy a Tiffany’s ring, you get a great diamond, and you see it first, and can take it back there if there are any problems later on.

Online, it’s a bit more sketchy, and not seeing it in the flesh until it arrives. They do have a returns policy, but I don’t want to keep sending rings back if they’re not right. - But it’s a bigger and (apparently) better diamond online… so I don’t know.

Has anyone bought / seen a diamond ring bought online? – Any advice?
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:15 am

Never seen a ring bought on-line but I would be a bit dubious of spending that kind of money on anything unless I saw it first. Your best bet would be to go to a small independant jewellers, you will get a better service and a better ring for your money.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:54 am

I was looking to ask my bird this Chirstmas as well - let us know how it goes when you ask :D

I'm on around the same budget as you are and I'm going to buy it from a jewellers, dunnno why I just dont really trust online shopping with large amounts of money at stake thats all
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby In and Out » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm

ste123lfc wrote:Never seen a ring bought on-line but I would be a bit dubious of spending that kind of money on anything unless I saw it first. Your best bet would be to go to a small independant jewellers, you will get a better service and a better ring for your money.

What he said.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Redman in wales wrote:I’ve been with my misses for a good few years now and planning to pop the question this summer. Have started look round for a ring, and know roughly what I want, but don’t know where to get it from. For my price range (between £2-3k) I could get a nice 0.5ct one from a jewelers in London, or Tiffany’s etc – but I’ve seen some online retailers such as bluenile.co.uk  that for the same price I can get 0.6-0.7ct diamond, with a better colouring and clarity.  I know that if you buy a Tiffany’s ring, you get a great diamond, and you see it first, and can take it back there if there are any problems later on.

Online, it’s a bit more sketchy, and not seeing it in the flesh until it arrives. They do have a returns policy, but I don’t want to keep sending rings back if they’re not right. - But it’s a bigger and (apparently) better diamond online… so I don’t know.

Has anyone bought / seen a diamond ring bought online? – Any advice?

Dubai the diamonds are fab there and you would pay double in England for them. Ask MH how you would go about ordering one from there they are genuine you get a certificate with them.

http://www.ajediam.com/engagement_rings.html
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Good idea Ciggy - also try Harrods - so much choice.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Just don't get it off this fella. :;):

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Cool Diamonds.

Job done.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:22 pm

argos they have half price sale at the moment.:D
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:16 pm

cheers guys and gals. may have a gander in Harrods - see what they got.

Dubai diamonds do look cheaper, but same issue of online buying still applies. I think i'm moving more towards shop bought, but if anyone has bought one online, i'd be interested in hearing about it....
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:31 pm

fivecups wrote:Cool Diamonds.

Job done.

Much more diamond for you dollar here.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Redman in wales wrote:Dubai diamonds do look cheaper,

I got one last year in Dubai it was expensive a thousand but got it priced when I came home and its worth 5 grand its fab, when I go back next month Im going to get another one not so expensive though. Ive got quite a few diamond rings and they look mingin old and ugly compared to the ones there. Also going to get my gold ones dipped into platinum.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:01 pm

Many (many) years ago I bought my missus an engagement ring. We met on  A Christmas Eve and so I thought I would propose on Christmas day. I spent half my months wages in a jewellers on a beautiful gold ring encrusted with Emeralds. I proposed and she accepted.

A couple of weeks later she lost it at work. :angry:

We are still engaged now, 16 years together. I told her i'll marry her when she finds the sodding thing !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Greavesie wrote:I was looking to ask my bird this Chirstmas as well - let us know how it goes when you ask :D

I'm on around the same budget as you are and I'm going to buy it from a jewellers, dunnno why I just dont really trust online shopping with large amounts of money at stake thats all

Isn't "Christmas" big enough without you feeling the need to pop the Question and announcing over the Christmas dinner table "We're Engaged"  ???

Sorry if others got engaged at Christmas but you'll live to regret it lad cos it's corny and cheesy !   :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:52 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Many (many) years ago I bought my missus an engagement ring. We met on  A Christmas Eve and so I thought I would propose on Christmas day. I spent half my months wages in a jewellers on a beautiful gold ring encrusted with Emeralds. I proposed and she accepted.

A couple of weeks later she lost it at work. :angry:

We are still engaged now, 16 years together. I told her i'll marry her when she finds the sodding thing !

You met on Christmas Eve and proposed the next day ? Feck me , that is quick ! LOL :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum