Help me make up my mind! - Spain

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:29 pm

Kazza it's such a good opportunity to have jobs sitting on a plate for you when you get out there, there's not many people get that. The cost of living out there is dirt cheap if you shop where the locals do and it's a year-round resort so constant work, so £7 an hour means you'll do just fine. Also your dream of owning your own bar out there is gonna be a whole lot easier to achieve if you're out there already

I'd go if I was you, then you can come on here and gloat when it's raining and 2 degrees in Belfast and you're on the beach with a nice cold san miguel

Just go for it Kazza :nod
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:27 am

Oi Kazza !Any chance of gettin me a job outt there too? :D
Just about had enough of this hell  hole!It was like Beruit last nite  the end of my street the whole place s fuc.king wrecked and i never slept a wink cause i was worried that they'd come and burn my van!
What a country! :angry:  :nod
Go for it!!!
66-1120597113

Postby kazza 1 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:20 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:i would go personally
but i thought you were a guy ??? and now you have an other half and a son who has a mom. geez you are a confusing person :p

Sorry!! What I meant to sat was, he stay's in my  mums as it is nearer his school! He has to get two buses when hes at home and it costs a fortune :D
I have done bar work before but Billy (my other half) has'nt, but he learn's quickly!!
Glad to hear you would all go for it. I knew I would go, but just wanted to see what you would all do! It's a lot to give up. I've lived in Belfast for 35 years and as BarryBelfast said, it is a hell hole. We could not get out off our estate on Saturday or Sunday night!
Thanks for the help lads!! Will keep you posted on whats going on. And I will still be able to post when I go.!!! Bringing my computer :p
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:23 am

kazza 1 wrote:Me and my other half have been offered job's in the Canaries! This means we have to give up everthing here and move away for most of the year................
If you had the chance to do this, would you? ???

i spent time in egypt, and it was a good experience working there.

you only get one life, so go for it. if it dont work out, you can always move back, so nowt lost really. however, if you have kids, then alot more thought will be needed
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:27 am

Go Kaz your son can go and live there with you and make a nice life for himself, they also have international schools there so you can put him in one of them.
Englands f@cked up aswell as the trouble in Belfast this weekend, dont hesitate girl make a new life for yourself, you only get one shot and if you dont go you will always be thinking what might have been.
Just dont spend all your wages on the ale, like I would :D
Good luck anyway. :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:36 am

kazza i made the move away from the UK 3 years ago, ok i moved further than spain to malaysia, its another world, its a 14 hour flight.

you are moving a few hours away and can get home easily.

when i moved i made the decision ' if i dont try it i will never know, if i try it and it goes wrong i can move back'.

i can say its the best decision i have ever made. i love it here, even know after the holiday side has worn off. you reach a point where it becomes your home and everything becomes normal for you, you start to take things for granted, but believe me i prefer to be here than the UK right now.

give it a go, what the worst that can happen
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:37 am

peewee wrote:give it a go, what the worst that can happen

drinking Dr Pepper  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:53 am

peewee wrote:kazza i made the move away from the UK 3 years ago, ok i moved further than spain to malaysia, its another world, its a 14 hour flight.

you are moving a few hours away and can get home easily.

when i moved i made the decision ' if i dont try it i will never know, if i try it and it goes wrong i can move back'.

i can say its the best decision i have ever made. i love it here, even know after the holiday side has worn off. you reach a point where it becomes your home and everything becomes normal for you, you start to take things for granted, but believe me i prefer to be here than the UK right now.

give it a go, what the worst that can happen

It must have been hard for you to decide what to do for the best! And you must miss your family. At least we would only be 2 and a half hours away (at the most anyway)
After I posted this morning I got a phone call to come into work. (Monday is my day off) I thought I might as well as I had nothing else to do. Got in the car and drove over to our depot and could'nt believe my eyes! There where burnt out cars, lorries and buses all over the roads and footpaths. The Bank, Video shop, Chinese, DUP Offices and Probation Offices are all burnt down... Bricks, bottles and paint are all over the place!
I think this has helped me make up my mind! I don't want to live in a place where mindless thugs think they own the place and can roit whenever things don't go their way!
Gran Canaries............ here I come!!!! :D  :D  :D
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:10 pm

im surprised that it took brick, paint and bottles to change your mind and go. I wouldve left after the first shooting, gang warfare and sectarian violence etc

the whole of Ireland is a beautiful country, but some are spoiling it, even now.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:15 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:im surprised that it took brick, paint and bottles to change your mind and go. I wouldve left after the first shooting, gang warfare and sectarian violence etc

the whole of Ireland is a beautiful country, but some are spoiling it, even now.

Some people in this country will never learn! It will always be like this! Just because certain people where not allowed to work down a certain road!!!
It is a beautiful country and it is my home, but I am tired of the roits and the shooting. It is time to leave and let them get on with it!
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:43 pm

bon voyage kazza. dont forget to buy a pc in gran canaria.

all the best in your new venture, whatever it is :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:42 pm

kazza 1 wrote:
The Return of the Judge wrote:im surprised that it took brick, paint and bottles to change your mind and go. I wouldve left after the first shooting, gang warfare and sectarian violence etc

Some people in this country will never learn! It will always be like this! Just because certain people where not allowed to work down a certain road!!!
It is a beautiful country and it is my home, but I am tired of the roits and the shooting. It is time to leave and let them get on with it!

pull the plug out and sink the fker.

gotta feel sorry for all the inocent people over there though,
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:22 pm

Well our mind's our made up.... Time to go! It won't be for a couple of months yet! But by the time we decide what we are taking with us, those couple of months will fly by! As  I said before, I will let you all know how we are getting on. And I will have a computer over there! So I will still be able to post on here! My other half would be lost without it to!!
Thanks for the advice!!!! Your a great bunch of people!

Adios amigos!!!!
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:33 pm

all the best.

what will you be doing there??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:05 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:were in spain