Great job

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:27 am

Ciggy wrote:
Dalglish wrote:On returning after some tiome to discover that Woof Woof is now a MOD (God Help us) all I can say is that this place is going to the dogs ............. Get it , Dogs, Woof Woof ...

I'll get my coat  :oops:

Woof might be the only rasinall one in charge TBH.

Tell me what rasinall means and I'll decide if I'm offended or not! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:35 am

Bad Bob wrote:Tell me what rasinall means and I'll decide if I'm offended or not! :D

The only one with rabbies ruff
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:36 am

Rational :D so be offended :D

I think the mods holiday period is about to end as the worms turn and start to fight back  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:38 am

s@int wrote:Rational :D so be offended :D

edit
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:46 am

Ciggy wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Tell me what rasinall means and I'll decide if I'm offended or not! :D

The only one with rabbies ruff

rabies ruff  :wwww

You promised you'd never tell   :(

Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:01 am

s@int wrote:Rational :D so be offended :D

I think the mods holiday period is about to end as the worms turn and start to fight back  :D

No, no...fair dos...Woof is the rational one! :D 

Leon's the cuddly one, BTW.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:17 am

Bad Bob wrote:Leon's the cuddly one, BTW.  :nod

Not taken you long to find that out Bob  :D I won't ask HOW you found out.

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:22 am

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Leon's the cuddly one, BTW.  :nod

Not taken you long to find that out Bob  :D I won't ask HOW you found out.

It was clear within the first half hour of last weekend's 'New Mods Team Building Retreat' in Blackpool.  Take it from me, mate, when Leon hugs you, you stay hugged!  :help

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:37 am

s@int wrote:Funnily enough Bob I support rotation and take the exact opposite view to you on the two games. I thought he should have played a much stronger team against Portsmouth (Gerrard and Torres), and I was quite happy for him to rest Torres for tactical reasons ,even though with hindsight he may have got it wrong.

Maybe BigMick is slowly converting me  :D My view is that Rafa rested players against Portsmouth with a view to the midweek game against Porto, not because they were tired after international duty. As I want the league and I am not really to concerned about the CL at this stage, I would have preferred him to rest players midweek CL rather than in the league.

Rafa made a tactical decision not to play Torres against Birmingham, which I can understand, even though it was possibly wrong in hindsight.

I meant to get back to this earlier, mate...

On your second point about the international break vs. the Porto match, I guess I just take Rafa at his word on these things.  After all, he's confident/stubborn enough in his approach to justify it when the press asks so, I figure, why not accept his public utterances as pretty close to his true thinking on such matters.  From that perspective, it was the internationals and not the CL match that influenced him for the Portsmouth selection (he said as much), while it was tactics for the Brum match. 

I don't know, maybe I'm in the minority, but I do believe the international matches can wear down even the youngest, fittest players.  So, when Rafa seems to rest players after such matches, I give him the benefit of the doubt.  Conversely, I still cannot fathom the tactical merit of leaving your most gifted attacker on the bench when fit.  The noises coming from Rafa seem to support Sabre's view that the gaffer does not yet see a significant gulf in class between Torres and the other three strikers but I think tonight's performance put paid to that notion (not one of the other three could have scored the hattrick he did tonight, IMO).  Based on natural ability and current form, Torres must play if fit: that's the tactic that makes the most sense to me and it applies whether we're playing Park-the-Bus teams or Barcelona.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:02 am

If as you said it was tiredness due to the internationals that influenced his decisions why was Kuyt absent , not even making the bench? He didn't play in any international games,missed the Portsmouth game, but was back against Porto. I take your point though and maybe its disappointment rather than rational thinking that has influenced my views. Although I did read an article about Sven's England which said that the average player runs only half as far when playing for England as they do for their clubs. (Terry must never get above walking pace)

My wife has an expensive watch, but rarely wears it because "she might break it," maybe Rafa feels like that about Torres :D

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:44 pm

I don't bloody care if someone thinks this is árselicking. I don't know what's the point of árselicking, as that won't get you money, and here cards are not delivered almost never, so what can you fear of a mod?

Anyway, I will say that after this days I'm really grateful to the new mods, all of them. They've removed insults from threads, tried to moderate asking both sides to calm down, or locking the thread to make us think a litle bit. They've moved threads to proper places, and they've renamed threads with a better description. I could go on, but the work they've done takes time and makes the forum better. That's the more apparent part, as I'm pretty sure they've also answered a number of PMs aswell.

Some posters have asked why this or that thread have been locked, but as far as I can tell all the locks have been for decent reasons such as telling posters not to fight, repeated topics, and things that are in the rules. Those rules are not abusive, but really help the use of the forum in the long term.

The traditional mods needed some help because they have family and life to attend to, and credit where credit is due the new guys are doing great (woof, red, Bad Bob and leonmc)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:29 pm

Nice post senor.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum